It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God is infantile...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

A hermit live on the mountain, the mountain provides him with fresh water, in the fresh water there is fish, near the fresh water is a cave. The hermits God is the Mountain. Further down the mountain is a farmer, the farmer begs for sun and rain so his crop is plentiful. What he needs to know is the four seasons, a sundial, or a seasonal dial provides this, his God becomes a cross. His worship is towards the Sun and the Rain. In the city the worker goes to work, the company logotype is his church so is his ideals. The company hands out a paycheck, which can be used for buying food and shelter. The workers God is the company.

Text is used for a dogma, what you teach are ideals with a text, you cannot alter it nor change it cause its dogmatic. In ancient India, pictures, paintings were used with philosophies. Each in his own interpretations, there was as many Gods as there was an more ideal way of living.

When religion is forced on a dogma, its not religion. What you think as a dogma with religion i see one of the Hindu gods called Kethu. You were always a Hindu, you just dont know it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

In 700 years they will become ice giants.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Text is used for a dogma, what you teach are ideals with a text, you cannot alter it nor change it cause its dogmatic.

So, exactly when did I do that?

Um....

Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true. It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself

Please read what you are saying....The primary basis of an ideology.....Christian...Jesus CHRIST is the lord and savior....How has anything I have said first of all as an "authority" (which I am not) affecting the system's paradigm or the ideology itself again?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Im saying this, if a faith isnt born yet, and you worship what is today. What do you worship?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

Im saying this, if a faith isnt born yet, and you worship what is today. What do you worship?

Sorry I must be confused somewhere...

What faith isn't born yet? I didn't start believing in Jesus last night....I must be completely lost with this statement....Sorry man!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

How do you worship something when you dont know what its ideals are???

If you worship something today, is it the same thing tomorrow???

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

How do you worship something when you dont know what its ideals are???

If you worship something today, is it the same thing tomorrow???

I do....Do you remember me saying I have read the Bible? Not word for word, I don't carry it around with me and I didn't take most of it literal....Why oh why is this so difficult for you to understand?

My faith in Jesus did not sprout up overnight, actually it took me a lot of research and soul searching....I know much more than I lead on but I don't like spouting Bible verses that might mean one thing to someone and completely different to someone else....

That isn't the only thing either that lead me down my path....A lot had to do with my life and what I was looking for and I found it...Why do you continue to criticize my beliefs?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

i am not criticizing your beliefs, im telling you to have an open mind the nearest time. Cause all might not seem what it is, the simple message is love thyself. You dont need a book for that message.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Even in Sweden there are names you really dont want to mention. Most people avoid them as topic online, or if you have a brain that is.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
I placed this here because it deals with the origins of the gods.

I wrote this on another thread, but think it needs its own thread.

I have a newborn. I created her. I am her God.
When she cries out to the heavens for food, or a diaper change, I provide.

To her I'm all powerful. To her I know everything. To her I have no start or finish. I am. There are others like me, but she fears, respects, loves, and follows me. I am her God.

As children we all think this of our parents. It's deeply ingrained and reinforced from birth for years.

Then something happens and you realize that your parents aren't gods. They are like you, only older and wiser.

What do you do with this notion you've had since birth of an all powerful being that provides for you? You transfer it to an unseen imaginary friend. You keep the idea because it provides comfort and simply shift it away from your parents.

Fortunately you have a whole group of people that help reinforce this transfer. It's called organized religion. You find they can answer most of your questions (cause those questions have been asked before so they are ready with an answer). So your infantile belief doesn't change, only the focus does.

Now I'm not saying this is good or bad. I happen to be a soft polytheist. I just accept the logical basis for my belief. I don't care if its a hold over from my infant days. So is my like of breasts

If you like this idea, check out Jung as he wrote on this. I think it was in "answers to job" but I could be wrong.

I see the point that you are driving at. You think you are this monkey ? This is the concept that we must get rid of. We are not the body or the mind. We are not the person that was born to these parents attend this school go to this job have this name drive this car go to this or that job. Your conviction as my Guru Nisargadatta would say is that you must realize you are UNBORN. The universe is in ME not I in it.

“Come to the conclusion: I am unborn, I was unborn and I shall remain unborn” - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
I placed this here because it deals with the origins of the gods.

I wrote this on another thread, but think it needs its own thread.

When she cries out to the heavens for food, or a diaper change, I provide.

To her I'm all powerful. To her I know everything. To her I have no start or finish. I am. There are others like me, but she fears, respects, loves, and follows me. I am her God.

As children we all think this of our parents. It's deeply ingrained and reinforced from birth for years.

Then something happens and you realize that your parents aren't gods. They are like you, only older and wiser.

What do you do with this notion you've had since birth of an all powerful being that provides for you? You transfer it to an unseen imaginary friend. You keep the idea because it provides comfort and simply shift it away from your parents.

Fortunately you have a whole group of people that help reinforce this transfer. It's called organized religion. You find they can answer most of your questions (cause those questions have been asked before so they are ready with an answer). So your infantile belief doesn't change, only the focus does.

Now I'm not saying this is good or bad. I happen to be a soft polytheist. I just accept the logical basis for my belief. I don't care if its a hold over from my infant days. So is my like of breasts

If you like this idea, check out Jung as he wrote on this. I think it was in "answers to job" but I could be wrong.

I haven't read all the replies. After the first two, seeing how misunderstood the OP was, I lost interest.

The OP didn't anywhere state he was 'god'. What he said was 'from the point of view of his infant' he was a all providing (or not) 'god'. A considerable difference between the OP saying he actually was the infant's 'god' and that looked at from the perspective (requires imagination - a higher brain function) of that infant he could only be considered a 'god' of sorts.

Now, I have arguments (estoteric ones) against this idea and conception. But do agree that belief in a single creative being in rather infantile but for different reasons. I take as my motto, attributed to Joseph Campbell "Christianity is religion for children...."

What is truly appaling to be is the lack of attempt to clarify what was said by the OP, the blind assuption of correct understanding and the immediate attack on an interesting idea.

My question to early posters is what specifically made you think that the OP was stating he was his infant child's 'god'? Could you not comphrend that he was hypotheising his child's thoughts?
edit on 18-8-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

The only thing infantile is your concept of "God", in my opinion. In your concept, my dog would consider me God because that is the limit of his current capability.

Your idea is that if I had mastered the DNA code and created new plants and animals using that raw code that I would be God in my relationship to the plants and animals I created. Nope, users are not god because God would be the engineer of the DNA that made your use of the medium possible or perhaps even infinite levels beyond that from our perspective.

I worship nothing, but I'm thankful for this continuing experience which without "God" wouldn't exist. It is clear to me that I (we) are here by the design of a greater being beyond my current concept. I don't need religions or books to see that.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I've never worshipped my parents as gods...

I also don't assume their responsibilities when I was a child equate to the creation & upkeep of everything that ever existed or will exist.

Your logic is infantile.

i think if god deserves it, your parents deserve it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

i am not criticizing your beliefs, im telling you to have an open mind the nearest time. Cause all might not seem what it is, the simple message is love thyself. You dont need a book for that message.

So when did I mention I didn't like myself? Again, you are preaching to the wrong person buddy....Never once said otherwise nor did I say I wouldn't accept anything else....BUT for me to do that I will need something more concrete than my current situation for that to happen....Sorry if that is vague but that is how I feel..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

So sorry FyreByrd.....I took this out of context:

Then this thread turned into me backing up my beliefs....Didn't mean for that to happen but wasn't entirely all on me either....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I also don't assume their responsibilities when I was a child equate to the creation & upkeep of everything that ever existed or will exist.

Your logic is infantile.

That's quaint but ultimately none of my concern.

I don't worship humans.

I think my parents deserve my unconditional love and my upmost respect.

They don't need my prayers, faith & worship.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Your logic is infantile.

I don't worship humans.

neither would a god need your prayers, faith or worship. you give it to him because he has your unconditional love and utmost respect. like your parents.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I love how you think you have the ability to understand God anymore than a baby. We're all in the dark on that one.

Your baby doesn't think you're "God" .... It thinks you're someone who loves and cares for it and gives it what it needs. If everyone that fell under that description was "God" we'd have a world full of them.

This thread was odd.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Your logic is infantile.

I don't worship humans.

neither would a god need your prayers, faith or worship. you give it to him because he has your unconditional love and utmost respect. like your parents.

For sure, God needs for nothing...

But I need to know that God knows I'm willing to...
For my day of judgement.

Something my parents play no part in.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You missed an adjective that made all the difference. The poster said she was her child's God, not that she was God in the sense you use the term. One word makes all the difference.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join