It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God is infantile...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Sometimes you just have to let the kids be kids.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

My people have a saying, only speak when someone is lost, word means nothing if act differently. We studied hermetics for over eight thousands years, the bible is just a story which alters depending on which God sits on the throne. The first story my people told was about a boy named Sargon. He predates Moses by several thousands of years. Fire worshipers is what we are called.

A semitic book, is what you read, you pray and follow blindly. But forget your only God is the one who provides you food. Him you should praise, not a book with stories.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: yulka
a reply to: stormson

Anyone who is self providing, their God is Earth, for Chrisfishenstein its the Jews. So God is a Jew for chris

Hint.....That is NOT my name....Just my internet id.....By the way, I am not Jewish...

You can try to bash me all you want, but until you actually prove or tell me why I am wrong I will take what you both are saying with a grain of salt....Wait, been doing that already

You are attempting to shift the burden of proof.

You are the one making the claim that God is real, and more specifically, the Christian God. You, being the one making the claim, are the one who bares the burden of proof.

Additionally, I don't think anyone wants to "prove you wrong." Rather, we would like you to admit that you MIGHT be wrong. I can admit to you right now that I might be wrong - maybe the Christian God is real.. Maybe he's watching over me despite my questions and unwillingness to believe something I have never seen, nor felt proof of; despite very sincerely trying for many years when I was younger.

You will never admit that you might be wrong, however, because it's built in to the control mechanism (read religion) that if you "know" God exists but claim otherwise you have committed a sin. Pretty clever of them, no?

Buddy, you are getting worked up over my answers....Nowhere on here did I say what you are saying above....

I said how I found Jesus, why I believe in him, who he is (to me), and much more on here.....I also said I am not knowledgeable to convert people....How would I prove God to you? Please do explain.....

I said if you are coming at me with science instead of God, please go right ahead....But that is a baited question like you have been trying on me....I already know the answer...

I am by no means backing down to you.....I don't have anymore answers to give you....Unfortunately....

I admitted to not having all the answers, only gave you my beliefs and that I didn't need church to do so....Based on the church/bible/priest/cardinal/pope comments....Your attendance to church is not a part of your entrance to heaven...The way is through Jesus Christ (the only 2 quotes from the Bible I put on here).....

Again, sorry if I don't have all the answers for you, wish I did.....Just explaining my side as per multiple attacks here...Which don't bother me one bit....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

He is too busy with me at the moment buddy!

Hey just thought to lite'n the atmosphere a little.
Silly of me I guess. Okay, everyone continue on your
snotty, slippery lil ways then. Carry on with hate!

edit on Rpm81815v14201500000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My people have a saying, only speak when someone is lost, word means nothing if act differently. We studied hermetics for over eight thousands years, the bible is just a story which alters depending on which God sits on the throne. The first story my people told was about a boy named Sargon. He predates Moses by several thousands of years. Fire worshipers is what we are called.

A semitic book, is what you read, you pray and follow blindly. But forget your only God is the one who provides you food. Him you should praise, not a book with stories.

Best of luck with the fire worship....I wish you the best of luck!

Why would I bash what you believe? Or care for that matter like you do to me? You have your beliefs I have mine....We will see one day which one of us is right...Simple

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

He is too busy with me at the moment buddy!

Hey just thought to lite'n the atmosphere a little.
Silly of me I guess. Okay, everyone continue on your
snotty, slippery lil ways then. Carry on with hate!

You USUALLY help me out on these.....Man my fingers are just a typin away while you sit there and laugh.....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

Anyone who is self providing, their God is Earth, for Chrisfishenstein its the Jews. So God is a Jew for chris

Hint.....That is NOT my name....Just my internet id.....By the way, I am not Jewish...

You can try to bash me all you want, but until you actually prove or tell me why I am wrong I will take what you both are saying with a grain of salt....Wait, been doing that already

You are attempting to shift the burden of proof.

You are the one making the claim that God is real, and more specifically, the Christian God. You, being the one making the claim, are the one who bares the burden of proof.

Additionally, I don't think anyone wants to "prove you wrong." Rather, we would like you to admit that you MIGHT be wrong. I can admit to you right now that I might be wrong - maybe the Christian God is real.. Maybe he's watching over me despite my questions and unwillingness to believe something I have never seen, nor felt proof of; despite very sincerely trying for many years when I was younger.

You will never admit that you might be wrong, however, because it's built in to the control mechanism (read religion) that if you "know" God exists but claim otherwise you have committed a sin. Pretty clever of them, no?

Buddy, you are getting worked up over my answers....Nowhere on here did I say what you are saying above....

I said how I found Jesus, why I believe in him, who he is (to me), and much more on here.....I also said I am not knowledgeable to convert people....How would I prove God to you? Please do explain.....

I said if you are coming at me with science instead of God, please go right ahead....But that is a baited question like you have been trying on me....I already know the answer...

I am by no means backing down to you.....I don't have anymore answers to give you....Unfortunately....

I admitted to not having all the answers, only gave you my beliefs and that I didn't need church to do so....Based on the church/bible/priest/cardinal/pope comments....Your attendance to church is not a part of your entrance to heaven...The way is through Jesus Christ (the only 2 quotes from the Bible I put on here).....

Again, sorry if I don't have all the answers for you, wish I did.....Just explaining my side as per multiple attacks here...Which don't bother me one bit....

I'm not worked up at all - I'm quite calm.

I'm genuinely trying to understand you.. Through understanding we learn more about one another. If you don't want to be Christlike and converse civilly with me that is your prerogative.

You are the one that challenged me. You attacked my general statement directly, and have since refused to take the conversation any further than your initial attack. I'm glad you have found some peace in your beliefs, and I by no means am trying to imply that you don't deserve the right to your own set of beliefs. I just want you to admit that there is a possibility you are completely wrong.

Again, I'll admit it. I might be completely wrong. Perhaps I did "feel" a holy presence once in my life but I was too dumb to know it. Perhaps I missed my chance at salvation. Maybe exactly what you believe is exactly right. It's just as likely as any other set of beliefs, so why not?

Now can you admit that you might be wrong?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I just want you to admit that there is a possibility you are completely wrong.

I am not wrong.....

It is different when you find your God.....You have no understanding of how my life changed after finding out the truth to me....

Sorry but in my eyes/mind whatever you want to call it, I am not wrong....At all and you won't convince me otherwise because of my experiences personally...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Its not right its not wrong. Sun, fire, alters matter, gives life. Changes life. Tradition fire control, keep the fire alive kept you alive. What keeps you alive is your God, my Gods today is a bunch of oligarchs. 31 i have 31 gods.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I know it's so messed up!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Its not right its not wrong. Sun, fire, alters matter, gives life. Changes life. Tradition fire control, keep the fire alive kept you alive. What keeps you alive is your God, my Gods today is a bunch of oligarchs. 31 i have 31 gods.

Hey believe in what you want to believe.....Never told you otherwise....Nor did I ask for clarification because they are your beliefs

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I know it's so messed up!

Come on Randy! Slacking buddy....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Oooo what are their names?.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oooo what are their names?.

Hahaha....Sorry, but I would have almost bet money you were starting on me as well once I saw you posted!

Thanks monkey!! Keep on swingin brother!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You're very correct with the wording of your thread. Indeed, to be a humble servant of our loving God, we must be as children. Infantile.

I strive for this childlike humility daily. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

You're very correct with the wording of your thread. Indeed, to be a humble servant of our loving God, we must be as children. Infantile.

I strive for this childlike humility daily. Thanks for the reminder.

Dead nuts right dare.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Google Sweden Industry and commerce

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Bah I expected Ice Giants....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I know a baiting question....Hence the reason I said that when I initially replied....

I also told you why, yes the Bible has verses that are meant literal.....The ones I told you about earlier....

The way to the father is through me....Jesus Christ.....Yes Jesus Christ is my lord and savior and I pray to him as well...

Found him myself through research and opening up.....Don't go to church, read the Bible in parts....Not the entire thing either....What is so difficult for you 2 to understand??

I am not repeating this again....

What's so difficult to understand besides your punctuation and grammar? Your reasoning; but yes, please don't repeat it again as I don't think you're doing anyone including yourself any favors.

Right, you found him through research and opening up, which I'm fairly certain means you read some things and believed some things. It's that easy. Don't even have to go outside for that.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I know a baiting question....Hence the reason I said that when I initially replied....

I also told you why, yes the Bible has verses that are meant literal.....The ones I told you about earlier....

The way to the father is through me....Jesus Christ.....Yes Jesus Christ is my lord and savior and I pray to him as well...

Found him myself through research and opening up.....Don't go to church, read the Bible in parts....Not the entire thing either....What is so difficult for you 2 to understand??

I am not repeating this again....

What's so difficult to understand besides your punctuation and grammar? Your reasoning; but yes, please don't repeat it again as I don't think you're doing anyone including yourself any favors.

Right, you found him through research and opening up, which I'm fairly certain means you read some things and believed some things. It's that easy. Don't even have to go outside for that.

Oh I am sooooo sorry my grammar isn't to your liking....

Also sorry I am not some super religious person you can bash...All you can bash are my grammatical errors? Dude, get an effing life! If you didn't want to hear what I had to say why did you ask 10,000 times? Just waiting for that response, or me spouting a bunch of religion on you?

My path to what I found didn't come easy, don't judge someone when you don't know them....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join