It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in God is infantile...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

No you use them all, Virgin Mary, God and Jesus. Who do you pray to?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

No you use them all, Virgin Mary, God and Jesus. Who do you pray to?

How can I be clearer on how clear I am being?

Please read, I am not repeating myself...I did not use them all by the way...Only 2 and they are one in the same....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I asked what you believe in, where your faith is, not what you believe.

You believe Jesus Christ is our lord and savior. But from where and what did you get the idea that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior? That is what you believe in, which I bet is not too much.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Bloomin heck dude I jumped a mile when I saw your avatar blink lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ill put it in plain sight, Daughters of Zion or is it the Almighty God?

Its a simple question

You know tha bible!!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I asked what you believe in, where your faith is, not what you believe.

You believe Jesus Christ is our lord and savior. But from where and what did you get the idea that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior? That is what you believe in, which I bet is not too much.

I know a baiting question....Hence the reason I said that when I initially replied....

I also told you why, yes the Bible has verses that are meant literal.....The ones I told you about earlier....

The way to the father is through me....Jesus Christ.....Yes Jesus Christ is my lord and savior and I pray to him as well...

Found him myself through research and opening up.....Don't go to church, read the Bible in parts....Not the entire thing either....What is so difficult for you 2 to understand??

I am not repeating this again....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

a reply to: TinkerHaus

What's ridiculous is how the Christian God has changed over the last couple of thousand years, and how there are so many interpretations of the texts that are allegedly written through divine inspiration

If the Christian God has changed over the last couple thousand years so much to where you believe it is ridiculous.....Please do share...

I know of 1...Yes 1 Christian (hint) God from the last couple thousand years, and his name hasn't changed one time!

No, but his opinions and outlook on humanity have.. The way he deals with sin and what actually constitutes a sin have..

Have you ever compared the "God" in the Old Testament to the "God" in the New Testament? Looks to me like "God" experienced a real emotional breakthrough.

Or the interpretation of words changed....One of the 2...

You can't seriously read the Bible and take it for what it says, do you? I would almost bet you have no clue other than what you have heard on these boards by saying what you are saying....

You did a 180 degree backflip when I asked you about what you said already and I still don't believe you even know what I am talking about above....Sorry

How did I backflip?

I've read the Bible more than once, and I've read the Book of Mormon a couple of times too. I assure you my comments come from my own personal research, and not from what people tell me to believe. I wish the same could be said about the devout.

So you agree that our interpretation of God has changed? If that is the case, do you follow old world religion which is very harsh and dare I say it..hateful? Or are you following some modern interpretation of the Bible?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Just because you can't see'm LM, doesn't mean he's pretending to
not be there.

It was supposed to be funny!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Meaning you left the Catholic church and became a orthodox christian?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Not repeating myself to you as well....My answers are here for you guys to attack me...

Bring it....I love this!! I think you people think I will back down because you say something about Jesus or the Bible.....

2 of you have been here long enough to know me by now....

link   

Meaning you left the Catholic church and became a orthodox christian?

Nope.....Been to church maybe 7 times in my life and once was for my wedding....Next

link   

a reply to: stormson

1: Our ideas of what "God" is evolve as we evolve.

To who exactly?

2: "God" is a construct that we use because we don't understand the nature of existence but as humans we seek to understand and categorize things. As a child "God" certainly could be parents, because as an infant or young child you do not have the intellectual ability to look beyond your parents when questioning who created, provides for, and answers your "prayers."

Um....I never once called my parents God....Not one time, nor did I ever pray to them....

3: As an infant, without someone else putting this idea into your head, you have no knowledge of, and therefor no regard for a god. Your god is your parents, which as you said at that point in a child's development have no beginning and no end.

Honestly, as an infant nothing of this nature ever crossed my mind....EVER

4: The continued need for a a sentient consciousness that created everything and watches over us with infinite wisdom is infantile. Some things are just unknown - and if there is a higher being, or a group consciousness, or whatever it may be, it definitely has not been identified and explained by humans.

So if you don't believe God created Man, please do explain....Feel free to get all scientific on me as well....I am all ears

5: LOL at the butthurt. So much LOL.

Us on the other side of the coin are really praying for you.....Really...

You demonstrate an inability to understand what is being said here.. I'm unsure how much clearer I can make it.

I'm not saying this to be rude or disrespect you, but I cannot find better words that are less...severe, so I'll just say it: Your obtuseness, be it genuine or otherwise, is most likely the reason you are so gullible to accept the teachings of whatever religious flavor you subscribe to.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Just because you can't see'm LM, doesn't mean he's pretending to
not be there.

It was supposed to be funny!

He is too busy with me at the moment buddy!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Not repeating myself to you as well....My answers are here for you guys to attack me...

Bring it....I love this!! I think you people think I will back down because you say something about Jesus or the Bible.....

You've explained nothing and you at no point answered the questions I gave above.

You are backing out because you can not/will not "win" this argument. You say "keep it coming" but you side step every reasonable question that's been directed at you. Again, I don't mean to disrespect but your attitude is very typical of people who unquestioningly believe what their church has force fed them.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

i give up....
Dont forget church on Sunday, i think you shouldnt study the bible alone. Ask the priest he can help you.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

1: Our ideas of what "God" is evolve as we evolve.

To who exactly?

2: "God" is a construct that we use because we don't understand the nature of existence but as humans we seek to understand and categorize things. As a child "God" certainly could be parents, because as an infant or young child you do not have the intellectual ability to look beyond your parents when questioning who created, provides for, and answers your "prayers."

Um....I never once called my parents God....Not one time, nor did I ever pray to them....

3: As an infant, without someone else putting this idea into your head, you have no knowledge of, and therefor no regard for a god. Your god is your parents, which as you said at that point in a child's development have no beginning and no end.

Honestly, as an infant nothing of this nature ever crossed my mind....EVER

4: The continued need for a a sentient consciousness that created everything and watches over us with infinite wisdom is infantile. Some things are just unknown - and if there is a higher being, or a group consciousness, or whatever it may be, it definitely has not been identified and explained by humans.

So if you don't believe God created Man, please do explain....Feel free to get all scientific on me as well....I am all ears

5: LOL at the butthurt. So much LOL.

Us on the other side of the coin are really praying for you.....Really...

You demonstrate an inability to understand what is being said here.. I'm unsure how much clearer I can make it.

I'm not saying this to be rude or disrespect you, but I cannot find better words that are less...severe, so I'll just say it: Your obtuseness, be it genuine or otherwise, is most likely the reason you are so gullible to accept the teachings of whatever religious flavor you subscribe to.

Yep, that's me....Gullible......Who are you talking to? I am one of the hardest people in the world to convince something and always on here debunking crap all day long....

You can call me what you will, I found Jesus Christ......Myself....Didn't need a church, priest, cardinal, pope, nor ATS to do so....Why is that so difficult for you guys to understand? Someone needs a book, a business or a person telling them what to believe and I am the gullible one??? You guys crack me up!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

i give up....
Dont forget church on Sunday, i think you shouldnt study the bible alone. Ask the priest he can help you.

You my friend could use some guidance....I am not knowledgeable enough on how to convert people, hence the reason I don't try....But it might do you some good to search for some answers yourself.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You've explained nothing and you at no point answered the questions I gave above.

You are backing out because you can not/will not "win" this argument. You say "keep it coming" but you side step every reasonable question that's been directed at you. Again, I don't mean to disrespect but your attitude is very typical of people who unquestioningly believe what their church has force fed them.

There is this thing....It has pages on it.....Try it once, and see how I have explained myself....Not doing it again to appease you, sorry....

I don't have in depth translations, interpretations, bible camps, priests....I don't know what to tell you man....Just read...I thought I was pretty clear on my views here.....Sorry I am not spouting religious quotes (other than 2) or what you are looking for here....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Anyone who is self providing, their God is Earth, for Chrisfishenstein its the Jews. So God is a Jew for chris

Hint.....That is NOT my name....Just my internet id.....By the way, I am not Jewish...

You can try to bash me all you want, but until you actually prove or tell me why I am wrong I will take what you both are saying with a grain of salt....Wait, been doing that already

You are attempting to shift the burden of proof.

You are the one making the claim that God is real, and more specifically, the Christian God. You, being the one making the claim, are the one who bares the burden of proof.

Additionally, I don't think anyone wants to "prove you wrong." Rather, we would like you to admit that you MIGHT be wrong. I can admit to you right now that I might be wrong - maybe the Christian God is real.. Maybe he's watching over me despite my questions and unwillingness to believe something I have never seen, nor felt proof of; despite very sincerely trying for many years when I was younger.

You will never admit that you might be wrong, however, because it's built in to the control mechanism (read religion) that if you "know" God exists but claim otherwise you have committed a sin. Pretty clever of them, no?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There is this thing....It has pages on it.....Try it once, and see how I have explained myself....Not doing it again to appease you, sorry....

I don't have in depth translations, interpretations, bible camps, priests....I don't know what to tell you man....Just read...I thought I was pretty clear on my views here.....Sorry I am not spouting religious quotes (other than 2) or what you are looking for here....

What is this thing with pages? You said that some parts of the Bible weren't meant literally, but how do you know this is the truth? You certainly weren't there when it was written..

So you're just deciding for yourself what parts are literal and what parts are not? How can you be sure you're not completely wrong? Are you willing to admit that maybe you are wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join