It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans responsible for demise of gigantic ancient mammals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19711104]Puppylove[/post

All that is good in this world exist despite the natural order, not because of it.
]

Therein is a problem. The definition of "good". What you or I or the OP see as "good", others will not.
I.e. Maggots, flies, and leeches are good for their purpose, but also revolting to most.

IMO, the extinction of the dinosaurs was a good thing, or I likely would never have existed.

(The extinction of goathead sticker plant would be a very GOOD thing)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I dont buy it.. It's too convenient and plays into the globalist hands for yet another reason why we need population control or just plain control.. Man left unchecked is just too destructive so he needs a handler..

What of all the mammoths found frozen in the permafrost mid stride and mouth full of food?

I believe man back then were a lot like native Americans.. They depend on these animals for thier livelihood and lived in an almost symbiotic relationship with the animals that provided thier food, tools, cloths, oils and medicines.. We weren't there to say for sure but neither were these "scientists", but seeing how this fits with the growing global paradigm I'm sure it's going to be "fact" and not the conjecture that it is..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I dont buy it.. It's too convenient and plays into the globalist hands for yet another reason why we need population control or just plain control.. Man left unchecked is just too destructive so he needs a handler..

What of all the mammoths found frozen in the permafrost mid stride and mouth full of food?

I believe man back then were a lot like native Americans.. They depend on these animals for thier livelihood and lived in an almost symbiotic relationship with the animals that provided thier food, tools, cloths, oils and medicines.. We weren't there to say for sure but neither were these "scientists", but seeing how this fits with the growing global paradigm I'm sure it's going to be "fact" and not the conjecture that it is..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
New Zealand's a good example of how over hunting by humans most probably did contribute to the extinction of the mega-fauna, since humans only settled it less than a thousand years ago. Mammals were never able to reach New Zealand (apart form bats), therefore birds evolved to take the place that mammals would of had. So New Zealand had the Moa, the largest species of Moa was up to 3.6 metres tall (or nearly 12 foot).

Anyway, they were abundant when the Māori people first arrived in New Zealand and its fairly well established that the Māori people were quite found of hunting Moa. But it seems the Moa became completely extinct not long after the Māori people arrived in New Zealand.

Since we're talking less than a thousand years ago, its kind of hard to argue it was anything else than over hunting that caused there extinction.

I think its mainly due to the fact that mega-fauna were so large and had no natural predators, so they never had any need to evolve a defense against being hunted. Then the masters of the hunt came along (homo sapiens) and the outcome was probably inevitable.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

the one thing to remember: capitalism gave us civlization. The computer you posted that on....thanks to capitalism being rewarding enough someone has gone through all the trouble to build it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Technically farming is the catalyst for civilization not capitalism. As for the computer, I think it's invention was also, not due to capitalism so much as our warlike nature as the first computers were created and used in world war II for expressly military purposes. Go war machine. And people having the time to interact.

Is the biggest travesty of our stupidly long work week and abysmal economy. No one has the energy to interact and pursue side projects. Effectively the work week stunts societies growth on a sociological level and fails to tap into the inventiveness of the general populace.

Capitalism may reward the inventor, but it's effectively crippled most would be inventors from ever inventing anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Capitalism has given us THIS civilzation. Agrarian cultures didn't have refrigerated air, medical progress, electricity, cars and planes. All those things were invented because a person felt the reward was worth the effort.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Right but before capitalism as we know it society evolved and our society has never really been a purely capitalistic one. Is silly to hold up capitalism as the savior of humanity and creator of all inspiration.

People have invented with no promise of reward, half inventions are people finding ways to be lazier, not going to some capitalistic monetary gain. Most invention is people trying to make doing something easier and more efficient for reason that have nothing to do with money.

Money only enters the picture as a bonus, or need to acquire the tools to build more.

Laziness is the mother of invention, not capitalism.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We can make a separate thread for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Lol we could but not sure I'm invested enough to make it worth it

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa

So, if mammoths ever died naturally, then they are immune to men's spears?

If people died of natural causes, then genocides are mythical?

And so where did all the bison go anyway?

upload.wikimedia.org...

All alien mutilations, right?

edit on 19-8-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join