It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong Narrating his Apollo 11 Moon Landing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Cheers both you and others tell me what you felt and I can imagine the toys in the cereal boxes
I just got a feeling we will feel like that again soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

And are you able to provide any proof of a method to alter lunar meteorites to make them pass for lunar rocks or is this your standard moon hoaxer baseless hypothesis with no proof?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation
typical propagandists tactic , prey on an indefinite number subordinate individuals emotions to make them accept the apollo moon landings were authentic, isnt that all warm and fuzzy, meanwhile, during the intervening time the propagandists have yet too produce the smoking gun that can verify its validity..

Hilarious! You're using Sayonara's silly graphic as though it makes sense! Shame on you!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

What was it like?

I was only six, but I was awestruck. More by my parents reaction, I think, than by what I was witnessing via Walter Cronkite.

I think it was the only time I ever saw my mother absolutely buried by emotion. My dad, too.

In their lifetime, we'd gone from taking days, even weeks, to cross oceans, to landing on another world, a world it'd taken less time to get to then it took to fly around our own world, at that time.

In @40 yrs, we'd gone from not being able to cross the ocean solo, to flying three men to the moon, and landing, and coming back. What's not awe-inspiring about that?

Those astronauts are, and always will be, heroes to me. They opened up the concept of a vast universe to me, a universe of infinite wonders that we're bearing witness to today.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Cereal boxes had plastic models of the rocket, lunar module, lander ... everything. It was exciting. After they left Earth, we all just about held our breaths. Would they make it?

How could I have forgotten those plastic models? Never got one in a cereal box, but I (well...mom did) sent away for an entire LM/CM set...

I waited every day by the mail box for it. My mom eventually got tired of telling me it's going to be a month or more...

Of course, just as I got tired of waiting, and moved on to other important things like seeing how fast my bike would go down hill, it showed up. Oh, my god...I levitated up the stairs into the house. ...and nothing would do except to build it right now!!!

It sat on my dresser for years, even after the Moon program was cancelled. I've no idea what happened to it...hopefully it's still out there somewhere on some other kids dresser.

Did you get the books about the astronauts? Direct from NASA?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: stonedogdiary

I'm not saying I believe it or not, but I have been stumbling on many convincing theories of the moon landing being staged.

I have to ask if we haven't been to the moon how do those theories explain this...

Between 1969 and 1972 six Apollo missions brought back 382 kilograms (842 pounds) of lunar rocks, core samples, pebbles, sand and dust from the lunar surface. The six space flights returned 2200 separate samples from six different exploration sites on the Moon.

curator.jsc.nasa.gov...

Kind of hard to find all that in a film studio.
didn't they missplace alot of those moonrocks

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itsshuma didn't they missplace alot of those moonrocks

It depends on who you mean by "they".

As a goodwill gesture, the US gave commemorative samples to every (?) country. Several of those - usually in corrupt, Third World countries, or those where there have been anarchy and regimes overthrown - have been lost or stolen.

Most of the samples are still carefully stored in Houston.

They are available for research: Lunar Sample Requests
edit on 28-8-2015 by Saint Exupery because: clarification

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Was some consideration for Buzz Aldrin to be first on the lunar surface.

Problem was the interior of the LEM was too small for Aldrin to get pass
Armstrong wearing their spacesuits and backpacks. Armstrong who was next to
the door thus was first on the lunar surface.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join