It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California To Confiscate 300 Farms By Eminent Domain, For Unapproved Water Project

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is BS....for the same money the state of California could build 15 desalination plants...put them all along southern California Oceanside ...problem solved. frik'in jerry brown, sucking up to big business like a 2-bit southern California republican politician

Cost of running desalination plants?

Less than the cost of destroying the environment.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Time to call the militias.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hopefully these farmers win. It's not their fault rich bastards in cali sucked the waters dry for profit and for lawn maintenance....growing grass pretty like is more important than the loss of lands for water projects that would not be needed if water rights were fair for everyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is BS....for the same money the state of California could build 15 desalination plants...put them all along southern California Oceanside ...problem solved. frik'in jerry brown, sucking up to big business like a 2-bit southern California republican politician

Cost of running desalination plants?

Less than the cost of destroying the environment.

Did you research it?

Or is that just your opinion?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

WOOT? There is no agenda 21... It's all made up by crazy conspiracy theorists... It's all for your own good... Move along...
edit on 19-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The Sopranos taught me a valuable lesson:

"Buy land because God isn't making any more of it."

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

The Sopranos taught me a valuable lesson:

"Buy land because God isn't making any more of it."

But if its in the US you wont ever own it lol!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Residential municipal water districts often have their users go on meters to avoid waste. Under a flat fee, users have no interest in saving water. That is ok, as long as the supply of water is "unlimited". Now that water supplies are indeed limited, metering water makes users responsible for water use (economics of supply and demand basically).

California agricultural users pay for water, too, from irrigation districts and also in increased costs to pump water up further if water tables lower. If farmers use water from govt canal projects, that water is at a lower rate (subsidized). Huge agribusiness growers on the west side are the major user of this subsidized water, not residential users.

Indeed, the ongoing water wars are once again surfacing for public view, because this time residential users are caught up in a drought. I can remember the 1970s drought here. The 1974 movie Chinatown dealt with the Owens Valley water wars. Ooh whee, if anyone wants to read about violence and outcry over water issues, search for Owens Valley water wars!

a reply to: seagull

Yes, that was a good example of eminent domain being used for a public-private project (Expos, Olympics, etc.). That is sad about the land being vacant. I had part of a property I owned taken by eminent domain (well compensated for it) as part of a state highway project. House was still there, but we ended up selling and moving, as the project changed the neighborhood too much for us. Then there are recent questions of eminent domain being used for private retail businesses to be built or for sports stadiums.

Getting back to the farmers and their eminent domain... while the project could be considered for "public good", the problem is the destruction of habitat, not just for that tiny Delta fish but for the farmers, that would result from the project. So goes the tiny fish, so goes those farmers.

Unless one understand the geography of the area, it is difficult to understand the big deal about the tiny fish. The only thing I think I can compare it to is having two aquariums side by side, one salt water and one fresh, and letting salt water siphon into the fresh water tank. Not good. That is why, even if there is land to continue to grow crops, the water quality to grow the crops is affected.

It is interesting, but the one thing going for these farmers is the EPA, a fed govt agency, and its ruling on the Delta smelt, a tiny fish.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I would tell the to go eff themselves, invite my entire family/friends over and lay down in my yard.....You want my land, kill me....Good luck!

Just pack food and water...and expect to be there a while....These thefts of land must stop! I hate seeing this crap, if people don't want to sell then they need to go a different route to someone who will, not just say we are taking it....

Problem is in California a lot of people are passive and go with the flow, so I would expect very little resistance, or fight there, and the TPTB know this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join