It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught With Knives and a Bomb in Kansas Abortion Clinic, Plot Foiled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

A man is in custody after he was caught trying to sneak an improvised explosive device into a women’s health care clinic that provides abortions in Kansas.

Officers responded to the South Wind Women’s Center around 3:30 p.m. Monday. Luckily, security inspected the backpack the man brought in, and found several knives and the deadly explosive device before he could launch his attack.

The clinic is one of three in Kansas that provide abortions. It opened in 2013, in the same very building where Dr. George Tiller provided abortions before he was infamously gunned down by an anti-choice extremist in 2009. Tiller’s killer, Scott Roeder, said that he had chosen to obey “God’s law” to save babies, after shooting Tiller while the doctor was serving as an usher in church.

Man Caught With Knives and a Bomb in Kansas Abortion Clinic, Plot Foiled

With abortion being hotly debated once again, it comes as no surprise that this type of thing is happening again. Thankfully, nobody was hurt and the perpetrator was apprehended before he could unleash his carnage. Is this going to be an isolated incident or is it just the beginning? Thoughts?

Additional Source

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Yes, thankfully no one was hurt, but are we sure it wasn't one of the abortion doctors just bringing in the surgical equipment?

Oh, come on, if I don't start the comments with something light, what good is commenting?

I hope there are no more of these people--even though I don't like elective abortions, I fail to see how killing people in the name of not killing baby people makes any logical point.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

With abortion being hotly debated once again, it comes as no surprise that this type of thing is happening again.

Yep, especially with all the hyperbole connected with those highly edited attack videos being released. It's certainly a situation ripe for violence.

edit on 18-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Here is a way around the issue of pesky murderous savages bringing bombs and knives to locations like this. You catch them, you take them and their equipment into the arid lands of Nevada, miles from anyone, or anything that lives.

You strap the bomb to their spines, tie their hands to their feet, put their knives into the muscles of their shoulder blades, and then sit and have a coffee while waiting for the boom.

That is called sending a message.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This is also what you do to terrorists.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Thats a sad thing indeed.

A bomb to kill, because killing is bad? Either im lost as to his cause or he didnt have one.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOL I've so grown to appreciate your subtlety.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hot button issues like this bring out the crazies. In his mind he is being a martyr, but his tactics are no different than those of ISIS or any other terrorist.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Don't pregnant women go to these clinics????

Wouldn't he likely have blown up pregnant women on his quest to stop people killing babies????

Isn't he an idiot????

Yes.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Let's say this guy did manage to kill some people at the abortion clinic. Let's also say that it was found that he watched the CMP videos and found them to be "motivating".

Would CMP be liable in this case? Could we hold them accountable for their propaganda?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Well you know me, windword... always championing the cause of nuance!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Let's say this guy did manage to kill some people at the abortion clinic. Let's also say that it was found that he watched the CMP videos and found them to be "motivating".

Would CMP be liable in this case? Could we hold them accountable for their propaganda?

Did their videos or do their website incite violence?

If not, I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
That is called sending a message.

Here in The States (even Nevada), that's called murder. Kind of like...nevermind, I won't go there, as I already said my piece.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Probably not.

Why?

Because prosecutors would have to show intent by the video makers.

link   
Terrorists suck. Mass overexposure to certain issues can trigger this kind of overreaction or overresponse in in people on the edge. That is all.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I bet the guy is taking medication that triggers violence.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't think so. Didn't see anyone calling for action in the video. Vs say a kkk leader saying minorities are bad, we have to do something, it's ok to kill and member does. Or any other group like that, nation of Islam , etc. Not a lawyer so can't say for sure

Glad no one got hurt.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I bet the guy is taking medication that triggers violence.

Might very well be if he's that on edge. Then again, maybe not. Each case is different. There's a fine line between extreme radicalism and mental illness....maybe no line...who knows.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: introvert

Probably not.

Why?

Because prosecutors would have to show intent by the video makers.

Oh, I don't think it would be at all hard to prove that the producers of said videos intended to incite and provoke, but I'm not sure sure it could be carried as far as to prove intent to incite riots or murder.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Thats a sad thing indeed.

A bomb to kill, because killing is bad? Either im lost as to his cause or he didnt have one.

You forget the 'eye for an eye' that these idiots use from the bible to justify their
doings. Take a life for taking a life..

I always tell someone when they quote the old testament like that,
the new testament when Jesus said 'if a man slaps you on one cheek, turn and let him slap the other'
Turn the other cheek is what Jesus preached not an Eye for an Eye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join