It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Get Rid of Birthright Citizenship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The only reason the entire idea seems ridiculous to you is because our government has willingly failed to do what they were supposed to do for many, many years. But you know what? At some point, you have to say enough is enough, bite the bullet, and do what needs to be done.

This is why passing the buck doesn't work--the government needs to pull its head out of its ass and start either enforcing the laws or changing the laws, but half-assing it does not work.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We'll agree to disagree. I'm all for going after businesses who hire illegal immigrants, but as it stands now, that's yet another law that is being broken that is not being enforced. We don't need to tack on more laws and penalties, we just need to start enforcing what already exists.

Again, I've thought this through just fine. Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh, you're one of those people.

I see.

You know, they migrated to North America from somewhere else, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Do you agree we have been on a better path in this regard, with the government doing what it is supposed to do, in recent years? Or is it still not enough?
edit on 8/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Oh, you're one of those people.

I see.

You know, they migrated to North America from somewhere else, too.

Excuse me?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How can Trump implement any of his plans when he has no chance of getting the GOP nomination.

The polls mean nothing....the election is over a year away...plenty of time for the rank and file republicans to throw Trump under the bus.

One of the skeletons in Trumps closet is soon to come to life and walk and talk. Federal tax investigation....eh? Hiring illegal aliens...eh?
political bribes....eh?
edit on 19-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How can Trump implement any of his plans when he has no chance of getting the GOP nomination.

The polls mean nothing....the election is over a year away...plenty of time for the rank and file republicans to throw Trump under the bus.

One of the skeletons in Trumps closet is soon to come to life and walk and talk. Federal tax investigation....eh? Hiring illegal aliens...eh?
political bribes....eh?

Yep. The scandal shoe will drop. I'm curious what it will be. His personal life is pretty much an open book.

Maybe he went big game hunting with his son. That's not very popular these days.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well, unless I'm misinterpreting your comments, you seem to imply that only the "native" Americans should be considered citizens. All I was saying is that this is a ridiculous notion, and I reminded you that they also migrated to N. America from somewhere else.

Did I miss something somewhere? I just get tired of "those people" who pretend that just because there were "native" tribes here prior to Jamestown, that somehow those of us who have families who have lived on this same land for generations after generations somehow don't deserve the right to be considered citizens.

So, again, did I miss something? If I misinterpreted something, my apologies for my brashness. If I got the gist of what you were implying, then that apology is null and void.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Do you agree we have been on a better path in this regard, with the government doing what it is supposed to do, in recent years? Or is it still not enough?

My take on this is quite simple--I'm quite the advocate of following the law, especially if you are the entity that created said law and charged yourself with the enforcement of said law. If we as a nation are going to decide to turn a blind eye to illegal immigration, then it's time to change the law. If not, then it's time to enforce the law down to the letter. If there's something we should be doing in between those two options, it's time to amend our immigration laws to make them something that we will actually enforce.

Short answer at this point is that we're not doing enough, because we're not enforcing the laws.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Did I miss something somewhere? I just get tired of "those people" who pretend that just because there were "native" tribes here prior to Jamestown, that somehow those of us who have families who have lived on this same land for generations after generations somehow don't deserve the right to be considered citizens.

Citizens yes, Legal in the eyes of the law today, I'm not so sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

There was no government or law stopping them from doing it. At the time it was a very large land mass with no recognizable government or borders. We have laws and borders now. If land masses are only to be settled by the first to arrive there, then I think most of the planet will have to relocate.

You cant accuse our founding fathers of sneaking across borders that didn't exist.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Lucidity has a hard on for trump.... he is amusing.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Birth right citizenship was never meant for illegal immigrants. They just use that to take advantage of the system.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My family came here on a boat, not in a boat.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

In Australia and New Zealand legislation was changed to remove birth right Citizenship. Only times you need to prove your New Zealand citizenship is the likes of enrolling in higher education. Something to go away and think about.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: conspiracy nut

You cant accuse our founding fathers of sneaking across borders that didn't exist.

I think you make a really good point here and this is something that definitely needs to be taken into consideration when having this debate.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

In Australia and New Zealand legislation was changed to remove birth right Citizenship. Only times you need to prove your New Zealand citizenship is the likes of enrolling in higher education. Something to go away and think about.

So what you are saying is they are basically getting rid of the idea of citizenship? I kind of agree on this one, the idea of having imaginary boundaries (or for Trumps case, physical boundaries) between groups of people seems subhuman to me. If you have friends or family in other countries you should not have to risk being shot to go see them.

I am not a fan of European policy, but I have to argue that the EU's laws which allow people to move freely from one country to another (for work, pleasure, family, etc.) is something that I agree with.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Birth right citizenship was never meant for illegal immigrants. They just use that to take advantage of the system.

It might not have been meant for illegal immigrants, but that does not mean that it doesn't pertain to illegal immigrants. Two completely different things.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Are you threatening to assassinate Trump?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Yes..been following his tirade against the 14th Amendment...

Why is he beating around the bush? Absent birthright citizenship, why doesn't he just propose a color test at birth? Anyone that appears a darker shade than his orange glow is not American!

Honestly...what an embarrassment of a human being...I am not embarrassed for the GOP or even the USA...I am embarrassed for humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join