It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the proof you asked for - YOU can be healed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: DeathSlayer

People have been doing this for years. Most have been proven frauds. Google "Todd White Fraud". One video shows how the leg trick is done. It's well-known that this is a parlor trick.

Did someone say he is selling books? How could you trust a person who is using his "gift" to make money?

See the first video on this site: Source

I am doing this right now and so far nothing..... you should read the websites with cursing the guy?? Making unclaimed accusations.

LINK

This does not show fraud and as of right now I can not find one. Can you show me where there is a site showing Todd white commiting a fraud? Because so far what I have found is nothing more than alleging it with no proof. Sounds more like jealousy to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The issue is:

He COULD stage all these video's or just rely on gullible people. The placebo effect is an amazing thing!

Then he COULD like so many others do the following:

He then says "you can do it too! only $9.99 to read how"

100,00 people buy the book... they practice themselves and fail, but dont worry "Failed? Dont worry, join my workshop only $1000 for the weekend" OR they tell their friends / people on the internet, another 100,000 books are sold making him more money.

Then people DEFEND him by saying things like:

"Even if it isnt real, its the message and hope that he spreads and we are spreading too by reading his book"

Unless a healer is donating 90% of the profits to charity and 10% for food shelter and clothing then I dont trust them

BUT

People saying when it comes to these "types" of people:

"If they can heal the sick why would they charge".

I would. I need to eat, clothe myself and have shelter. Buy a PS4 and upgrade my PC.... Buy more baby stuff, treat the other half to a holiday, buy a new car...

Im a simple creature.

So, who would you trust? Someone who could heal and charges (pretend there 100% proof and it did work) who is honest with you but is a small amount of money (say $20) OR Someone who could heal and say "you too can do it, book + weekend lessons for $1,599.99" making you believe you can do it and make money.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You know how to use the search engine. And I'm not into convincing you to see it the way I do. I just gave my opinion. You're going to believe what you want to believe. And that's fine.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That just sounds like you didn't try hard enough. If this man could figure out how to do it (RIP), then I'm sure you could as well. Then again all you were offering them was prayer; I wonder if hospitals are more willing to make exceptions if you offered them something more tangible. Like actual healing or in the case of my source, happiness. Anyone can pray for someone.

Well I will not force anyone or make anyone accept my free offer to volunteer and I will not beg them. Not that I say I can heal everyone in the hospital and empty it out (I know this sounds crazy but this is a personal goal of mine.) And if it ever happened I am positive they would never let me back in. Hospitals are about making money so as long as you are sick; doctors and Pharmacy will be driving Porsche.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I may be an atheist and anti-religionist, and my fellow atheists no doubt will take issue with my stance, but I do believe in transcendent healing.
Transcendent: beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience.
It's true, I do not believe in deities, but I do believe humans have extraordinary latent capabilities to heal themselves and others, which occasionally rise to the surface of our experience. I believe it, because I have seen it. This experience is not unique to Christianity, though evangelical Christians are much more open to the idea. They just attribute it to god, rather than our own latent abilities.

As to faith healers, I am of the same opinion as others. I've seen Benny Hinn and a few others in person. They're charlatans at best. However, it does not surprise me in the least that occasionally, someone gets healed in their services. Intention and faith can be powerful in the right mixture.

S&F, because this subject fascinates me. I just see it from a different perspective than religion does.

edit on 8/18/2015 by Klassified because: grammar, grammar, grammer, and more grammer

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
The issue is:

He COULD stage all these video's or just rely on gullible people. The placebo effect is an amazing thing!

100,00 people buy the book... they practice themselves and fail, but dont worry "Failed? Dont worry, join my workshop only $1000 for the weekend" OR they tell their friends / people on the internet, another 100,000 books are sold making him more money.

"Even if it isnt real, its the message and hope that he spreads and we are spreading too by reading his book"

Unless a healer is donating 90% of the profits to charity and 10% for food shelter and clothing then I dont trust them

BUT

I would. I need to eat, clothe myself and have shelter. Buy a PS4 and upgrade my PC.... Buy more baby stuff, treat the other half to a holiday, buy a new car...

Im a simple creature.

So, who would you trust? Someone who could heal and charges (pretend there 100% proof and it did work) who is honest with you but is a small amount of money (say $20) OR Someone who could heal and say "you too can do it, book + weekend lessons for $1,599.99" making you believe you can do it and make money.

Sounds like a great business but in the bible it says:

Matthew 10:7-9 - 7"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' 8"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give. 9"Do not acquire gold, or silver, or copper for your money belts,…

Those who charge will loose their gift of healing.....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: SlapMonkey

But the individual did not gain anything by healing this girl, did he?

What did he gain?

I did not see him charging for this service.
It's free advertising. It worked on you. I bet you even bought the book.

I didn't buy any book from this guy. I did buy a book written by Praying Medic (a different person). And after reading it I understand now how to love everyone. Something I could never say openly but now understand! It opened my eyes.

I will never give up on anyone.......anymore. This is love.

This is not love, it is annoying. Doctors don't want people in hospitals praying for people because it doesn't work. Plus, i bet you are super annoying in person.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
The issue is:

BUT

Im a simple creature.

Sounds like a great business but in the bible it says:

Matthew 10:7-9 - 7"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' 8"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give. 9"Do not acquire gold, or silver, or copper for your money belts,…

Those who charge will loose their gift of healing.....
And yet. You still buy the books.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

What did he gain?

I didn't buy any book from this guy. I did buy a book written by Praying Medic (a different person). And after reading it I understand now how to love everyone. Something I could never say openly but now understand! It opened my eyes.

This is not love, it is annoying. Doctors don't want people in hospitals praying for people because it doesn't work. Plus, i bet you are super annoying in person.

Well, this is a rarity. I usually agree with much of what you post in the religious forums, but I have talked to several doctors and nurses who encourage people to openly pray in hospital rooms, because it gives patients hope, and keeps them from giving up, or in some cases, helps them to cope with a terminal illness. However, I'm sure some doctors feel the way you stated.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

WOW Klassified..... you caught me off guard. Wasn't sure if I was going to make a post to your post.

Man, I had you figured out all wrong. After this last post of yours I see you in a different light (compliment)

Another reason for not judging....... I am learning ..... slowly .....but learning.

I see you walking with your creator.......

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

What did he gain?

I gave you that star.

And you are right I can be annoying.... sometimes even an ass.

Here I am near 60 years old and still have plenty to learn.

God bless you........ I mean that.

link   

It's true, I do not believe in deities, but I do believe humans have extraordinary latent capabilities to heal themselves and others, which occasionally rise to the surface of our experience.

I agree. I remember, a long time ago, watching an Oprah episode, in which a little boy, around 10 (?), had "healed" himself from a brain tumor. He told Oprah that he was MAD at his tumor and he wanted to destroy it! He loved playing "Asteroids" the old video game, so he envisioned the game inside his brain, and continually imagined that he was blasting his tumor away as if it was a video game asteroid. It worked!

edit on 18-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

Malarky. First off, disease and unrest will never go away. There will never be a short supply of the injured or sick. Evolution sees to that with illnesses and people are always inventing newer ways to be unsafe. So I'm sure just about ANY hospital would enjoy you siphoning off some of its work, provided that you had a good success rate. I mean you DO know that we have a critical shortage of medical practitioners in this country right? Second, if you really WERE disbanded from going to hospitals for stealing their business, you could set your own practice up rather easily. Once word got out of a REAL honest to god faith healer actually healing REAL illnesses and injuries, people would be lining up for miles to see you. Especially if you did it for free.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Comforting people and giving hope is not the same as healing.

You can bring comfort to someone without ever getting into the realm of prayer.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Most would say that is just letting correlation equal causation based on a sole anecdote though. How do you know that it wasn't just a coincidence and his body was just able to fight the tumor off naturally?

I mean to me, faith healing sounds awesome, and it really digs with that whole New Age thing. But just like any other faith based measure, it isn't consistent or testable.

Though I also have to wonder where the ability came from. If it exists, did we evolve it? Do other species have this ability? Why is it even necessary for us to coax our immune system to work against something killing us? Shouldn't it already be working at maximum capacity to keep us alive on account that the disease is killing us?

To me, I just see more coincidences misinterpreted as magic. Though if you want to believe otherwise, that's on you. I'm not going to let it stop me from going to the doctors though, and I think ultimately the doctors will always be the best course of action to go to get yourself well.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

WOW Klassified..... you caught me off guard. Wasn't sure if I was going to make a post to your post.

Man, I had you figured out all wrong. After this last post of yours I see you in a different light (compliment)

Another reason for not judging....... I am learning ..... slowly .....but learning.

I see you walking with your creator.......

I think religious debates often cover up what we truly think about certain things, because we're so focused on debating from our particular view of the topic at hand. The truth is, I walk a fine line between science, and the "metaphysical". The reason for that, oddly enough, is in part due to my experiences as a Christian, and before. I've never even spoke of some of those experiences on ATS, or to anyone else. Hence, my interest in the topic.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Most would say that is just letting correlation equal causation based on a sole anecdote though.

Sure. There's always that. And, that may have been the case here too. But, in this case they had the doctor, and the Xrays on the show, and he, the doctor, was pretty impressed.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I may be an atheist and anti-religionist, and my fellow atheists no doubt will take issue with my stance, but I do believe in transcendent healing.
Transcendent: beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience.
It's true, I do not believe in deities, but I do believe humans have extraordinary latent capabilities to heal themselves and others, which occasionally rise to the surface of our experience. I believe it, because I have seen it. This experience is not unique to Christianity, though evangelical Christians are much more open to the idea. They just attribute it to god, rather than our own latent abilities.

As to faith healers, I am of the same opinion as others. I've seen Benny Hinn and a few others in person. They're charlatans at best. However, it does not surprise me in the least that occasionally, someone gets healed in their services. Intention and faith can be powerful in the right mixture.

S&F, because this subject fascinates me. I just see it from a different perspective than religion does.

So you think healers are charlatains but that they also accidentally heal people sometimes? Come on. I have seen you say some pretty smart things, but this is enough to revoke your atheist card. Place it in the window and step away.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It's true, I do not believe in deities, but I do believe humans have extraordinary latent capabilities to heal themselves and others, which occasionally rise to the surface of our experience.

I agree. I remember, a long time ago, watching an Oprah episode, in which a little boy, around 10 (?), had "healed" himself from a brain tumor. He told Oprah that he was MAD at his tumor and he wanted to destroy it! He loved playing "Asteroids" the old video game, so he envisioned the game inside his brain, and continually imagined that he was blasting his tumor away as if it was a video game asteroid. It worked!

Yes. I know this story. Exactly what I'm talking about. There are just some things that can't be explained away. I knew a man once who was healed of near legal blindness in a church service. He wore coke bottle glasses, and keeps them as a reminder of that time in his life. Funny thing is, that wasn't even why they were praying for him.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So you think healers are charlatains but that they also accidentally heal people sometimes? Come on. I have seen you say some pretty smart things, but this is enough to revoke your atheist card. Place it in the window and step away.

*Hangs head in shame, and places tattered card in window*
Actually no. I think those people healed themselves, and attributed it to the "faith healer" and god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join