It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silver Age is upon us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

After Kronos was exiled, the world was ruled by Zeus. The Olympians made a second generation of men and the age was called silver because the race of man was less noble than the race of the Golden Age. In the silver age Zeus reduced the spring, and reconstructed the year into four seasons, so that men for the first time sought the shelter of houses and had to labor to supply their food. The first seeds of grain were placed in the ground since now man had to gather their own food. A child grew up at his mother's side a hundred years, but adulthood lasted a short time. Being less noble than the Golden Age, humanity could not keep from fighting with one another, nor would they properly honor and or serve the immortals. The actions of the second generation infuriated Zeus, so in punishment he destroyed them.

The age of man, will walk towards the Age of Silver

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

This seems to be a fan edit, rather than a teaser in the strictest sense of the word. It's not bad though... I have seen much worse!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
wow...trying to come up with a metaphor to how bad that was, but I gave up when I realized it wasn't worth it...

I never understood how Galactus so powerful and with limitless power needed a silver surfer to surf the cosmos for him to find celestial bodies to feed on.
nor why would he want to feed on planets, not stars or dying stars, or elusive dark matter that's everywhere everything else isn't...
possibly the lamest marvel super hero. just feels so forced ( in retrospect to other super hero stories/movies).

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
wow...trying to come up with a metaphor to how bad that was, but I gave up when I realized it wasn't worth it...

I never understood how Galactus so powerful and with limitless power needed a silver surfer to surf the cosmos for him to find celestial bodies to feed on.
nor why would he want to feed on planets, not stars or dying stars, or elusive dark matter that's everywhere everything else isn't...
possibly the lamest marvel super hero. just feels so forced ( in retrospect to other super hero stories/movies).

May I advise you find a boy/girl friend

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

ROFL!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What you are saying is basically why don't poor starving folks just eat rocks.

Galactus needs the energy of "living planets" to live.

He can't just eat any world, only those that harbor life.

He has Haralds like the surfer do his foot work, because that takes energy, the more he uses to sooner he will have to eat another world to sustain himself.

He doesn't like the killing, but he must eat.

Galactus is a very cool character, if you know more about him than his name.

BTW, he is the oldest living being by far in the universe.

He predates our universe, as he is the solsurvivor of the past universe he was from.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

He has Haralds like the surfer do his foot work, because that takes energy, the more he uses to sooner he will have to eat another world to sustain himself.

He predates our universe, as he is the solsurvivor of the past universe he was from.

But Doom still kicked his butt in Secret Wars!

-------

Anyone who mentions Squirrel Girl will incur the wrath of Doom.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

May I advise you find a boy/girl friend

Yeah, because those are easy to understand.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: johnwick

But Doom still kicked his butt in Secret Wars!

-------

Anyone who mentions Squirrel Girl will incur the wrath of Doom.

Lol

By the way, Dr. Doom is the best comic character of all time.

He can not be defeated, well until his ego gets in the way that is.

Hubris is his only weakness.

Even the beyonder wasn't a match for doom.

Only sephiroth Darth Vader and Thanos are close to as cool as Doom.

Hell Doom took a shot from the infinity guantlet a lived to tell the tail.

That is just about as badass as possible.

Even chuck Norris wouldn't cross Doom.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

ill ask my wife what she thinks.

I think I'm just taking the whole fantasy away by saying if I can swallow an entire planet, I probably should have some ability to find them. lol

what if silver surfer went on strike. hehehe or if he says, F' it. "I couldn't find any planet for you to feed on boss man. oh yea, and I quit!"

johnwick: I know a bit about the comic universe, that was my passion for a long time. its just a cheeky rant about an all powerful character who needs a guide to feed! I'm sure many comic fans have characters that don't quite fit in their eyes... silver surfer's story is my pet peeve I guess.

/lets not get too technical or derogatory. no one has a sense of humor even about fictitious characters some of whom devour worlds to survive....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It isn't too technical really, he does not actually eat the world proper.

He breaks it up and devours the life energy.

Galactus hates that he has to kill sentient life to survive.

In his early time as Galactus he only devoured worlds without intelligent life.

But a few close calls.... He stopped caring.

He still hates his role, and so, has a herald do all the foot work to find worlds for him.

Thus he expends far less energy, and thus needs to feed less often.

Simple logistics.

Send out a super fast dirt bike to scout ahead, or just bring the entire convoy and hope...

It is easy enough to understand.

You send out scouts, then you move the main body of your host, in modern speak army.

Hell Galactus even spent great time and effort to build ships that range from planet to solar system in size, that make the process much more efficient and less energy draining, so he doesn't have to do it as much.

He is not really that bad a guy, he even sacrificed himself trying to save his entire universe from collapsing.

He just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and was reborn as he is now in this new universe.

A lion isn't bad because it kills gazelle to live, unless you are a gazelle.

He just happens to be a lion, and we just happen to be gazelle.

He never gorges himself, he only takes what he requires, and only as often as he must.

He goes out of his way to conserve energy as much as possible, so he needs to feed as little as possible.

Hence the heralds.

The universe couldn't even exist without him in it.

He keeps the balance between eternity, and death in check.

Without him, either eternity, immortality of all things, or death, eternities exact opposite, would prevail over the other.

A universe without death can't exist, neither can the opposite.

There must be life and death, in harmony.

That is role Galactus plays.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
wow...trying to come up with a metaphor to how bad that was

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

To be honest, Doom always struck me as something of a weakling. The Hulk would terminate him "Puny gods" style, Wolverine would dice him silly, and if we are going full stretch on this, Dr Manhattan from Watchmen would turn him inside out in an eye blink.

His ego is more powerful than he is by a long way.

new topics

top topics

join