It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hero Has Fallen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This story killed me inside.

Lenny Robinson, aka the "Baltimore Batman", spent many years brightening up the lives of children in hospitals. He dressed up as Batman and customized his Lamborghini to look like the Batmobile and would take children for rides in it. A dashcam video of a police officer pulling him over became quite a sensation in 2012. He spent $25,000, each year, to buy sick children some toys. He encouraged them to pull through their ailments (many were terminal), talked to them about friendship, gave speeches against bullying, and more. He was their "Batman" and "hero", and a good man to his family and community.

“He was my brother, my business partner, my best friend,” Scott Robinson said. “He touched a lot of lives and made a lot of kids smile. That’s all he wanted to do.”

He was killed earlier today (8/17/15) in a car accident on the freeway.
www.cnn.com...

Here is the website he ran. You can contact his family through it and see more about who he was and what he stood for.

RIP lenny

edit on 8/18/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Legend.

RIP.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I learned of his commitment to bettering others lives several years ago after reading an article online. Mr. Robinson's life is a testament of the impact one person can have on others in a positive way, and how mission-driven he was to make sick children's lives a little better through his actions and words.

Rest easy in your journey Lenny, and Godspeed.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I truly believe this will inspire more than those kids.

Thanks for sharing this story, Taterhead.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
And on the same day that Donald Trump proclaimed "I am Batman" to a little boy...

This universe is strange and sad, man.

Bless you Lenny.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
The real Batman (sir Lenny) will be back.
He's got some knuckle throwin' to do with SuperMan soon I hear.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

Sad, sad story. The world actually needs guys like this, too. I hope that his organization continues on with his work.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
i remember hearing about him at least a few years ago maybe 2012?
he was bringing a sense of wonder to the world that was much needed, especially for those children.
we need more people like him.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Very sad. He touched so many lives.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

It seems like the good always die young. The world lost a beautiful person. I'm sure God reserved a special place in heaven for him. RIP Lenny Robinson.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

That's really sad , a real life super hero has died.

Deepest condolences to his family , friends and the children who will no longer benefit from his warm-hearted generosity.

RiP Lenny , A true embodiment of Batman.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
wow, what an awesome beautiful man.

we also have our very own Spiderman among our ranks.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What a great role model this guy was ... He was exactly what a super hero should be...helping those less fortunate

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Such is this world, the good leave us too soon and the evil just seem to linger on

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Its strange, the good people are the first to go...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
-Albert Pike

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And in this case it is so true.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I was gonna drop in with a Batman vs Superman joke in another thread posted after this one, but this guy was a true hero in the eyes of the kids he loved to support so on second thought he deserves some respect. Below is my comment from the other thread.

Yeah, this is sad news.

I was just reading about this a few mins ago on Gawker.

Not only did he do this for the kids with his own money, he also started a company with like minded individuals to create a Justice League of sorts to go around and help cheer up other children.

I hate when bad things happen to good people.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Very sad to hear this news... What a real man he was, everything for the children. He was a real role model. I pray someone else with the money has a heart and continues what this great man started. I will look forward to shaking his hand at the wedding of the Lamb.

What a good man, I' am lost for words at the moment.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As others have posted, the good ones always go first.

I've wondered if maybe they are taken sooner because they've grown enough as a soul to move on to the next level, like Batman here.

soulwaxer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join