It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Uncovers What Happens to Campaign Funds After the Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Today I talk about how the 2016 Presidential race will be the most expensive in history. With Hillary Clinton aiming to raise $2.5 billion for her campaign, and Jeb Bush already raising more than any other candidate, it’s hard to deny money rules our political system. But where does the money go after the winner is crowned? Tune in to this all-new Off the Grid to find out!

Do you think we can get money out of politics or is it too late?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
NASCAR suits and kinda sorta maybe not so bad plugs for Trump....Good show!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

This will never change because it's the politicians themselves who have to vote to stop it. It's just like the power they have to raise their own salaries. Why would they stop something they personally benefit from?

The Supreme Court must have also been pressured to rule in favor or corporations. Our system is simply rigged to benefit politicians, corporations and the rich. Yet we give these self-serving politicians the power to rape the American people of their hard earned money in the form of taxes. They create laws to keep the rest of us in check.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The voting public can barely afford homes, gas, and food. Their donation ability is severly pinched.

The corporations that sell homes, gas and food, are flush with cash.

The money talks.

Now, I wonder why the Donald wants to be president?

Oh yes, the money.
edit on 18-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Well, that's the point of government in any capacity in any 'country'. Until humanity as a whole comes to the realization that government in ANY form is THE problem, nothing will ever change. Ever.

Most people have unfortunately been brainwashed into thinking that anarchy means chaos. Of course I used to think the same as everyone else. However, once you realize to your core just how much the notion of 'government' absolutely CANNOT exist for things to get better, you cannot close that box.

Once you realize that government will probably never go away, you come to the conclusion that certain major decisions are the ONLY option. And you damn well know that there is not, never was, and never will be any REAL 'freedom' (the biggest hoax in the history of mankind) on this planet because I can't say exactly what I mean by that.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

What's wrong with Trump wanting to make the US what is was years ago to eventually make it's citizens more money, himself included?

Isn't that what everyone is complaining about, not having enough money, jobs, securities. . .

At least he's not a businessman pretending to be a politician, like most of the rest. In his case he's a businessman trying to become a politician, I see this as a very different thing.

Now whether or not he can pull it off I'll wait to see. And in reality US presidents become nothing more then puppets anyway. I think most of us have voted someone into office we thought were great at first and then terrible by the end.

edit on 8/18/2015 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Why there is no cut their salaries when they fail at their jobs and the society is in downfall because their fails?
Why only raise, after they do good job or they do not... well when they use billions to promote them self`s, its quite teller how joke the system is or how they treat is at very least.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

In the context of the op, I wished to express why it seems big business and pacs own the election process. Not the common voter.

I didnt wish to politicize my answer. Looking back though that seems to be the net result. Money. And in my example, the Donald has only one background in his resume'. The need for money and power.

It is interesting to note also that almost every single elected president, was a Lawyer. Very very few pure businessmen ever get elected.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

With the lawyer thing, that is a very funny point isn't it!

Money and power, both attractive things, both Trump has already. It's no wonder everyone loves him, our countries citizens lack both at the moment.
I wonder if we are seeing a new paradigm shift here, America is full of inspiring little emperors, maybe we're headed in the direction of being conquerors again. Except this time we need to find a new name for those to conquer, savages and oppressors just won't do this time.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Sorry Mr Ventura, but since you support the rise of a right wing nut bar to power (Trump), a man who has all the compassion and heart of Count - Bloody - Dracula, I no longer find myself prepared to listen to what you have to say. Perhaps when you put your weight behind a genuinely good human being in a campaign, you might find me commenting on your threads again. Its a shame, because I enjoy them, but its not worth the hypocrisy. Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Today I talk about how the 2016 Presidential race will be the most expensive in history. With Hillary Clinton aiming to raise $2.5 billion for her campaign, and Jeb Bush already raising more than any other candidate, it’s hard to deny money rules our political system. But where does the money go after the winner is crowned? Tune in to this all-new Off the Grid to find out!

Do you think we can get money out of politics or is it too late?

Donald Trump my ass!

If all politicians are "whores," then I guess that would mean that dear ole Donald is a self proclaimed "John." Not a one time "John" either, but one who has frequently employed these "whores" for decades.

Now he wants us to put him in charge of the "whores?" Kinda "Pimpy" sounding when you think about it.

Has Trump ever authored or promoted a bill to overturn or repeal the Citizens United decision? I didn't think so.

Well, guess who actually has done those things and is also not taking PAC money and not because he has already taken advantage of the corrupt system long enough to acquire enough wealth to go it alone either?

That would be Bernie Sanders. Funny you didn't even mention his name.

Could that be because he hasn't publicly thrown your name into his hat of prospective VP choices like Donald did?

While some truths were discussed in the video, most of them are old news which seems to be par for the course when it comes to JV videos.

Hell, Stephen Colbert exposed the truth regarding leftover PAC money years ago.

With respect to the question posed in the OP, yes we can take our government back and no it's not too late!

Although, I doubt putting the fox in charge of the hen house is this right recipe for success.

IMO, It's going to take a political revolution, just like Bernie Sanders said and anything short of that will probably fail.

edit on 18-8-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've often wondered, in these very halls, what happens to the leftover money, and how they account for it.

We have to get the money out of politics. We also have to get the professional politicians out of politics.

If we don't, we won't make it. That simple.

top topics

join