It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality of Superstition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It seems to me to be foolish to presume that harmless actions, and things like black cats, administer such a thing as bad luck. The only thing that's "bad" about things with such stigma is the fear that belief in it causes. Although worrying is no good for the mind, there happen to be greater things to worry about. It is better to think or pray for right reasons, using the great tools of our mind to foster the growth of happiness instead. Attention should rest on details that are worth its time. We have control over our actions, our actions do not have control over us.
edit on 083131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

I think these thoughts almost daily.
I, like most kids used to be superstitious. I remember the last time I skipped a crack in the sidewalk and I just said f' it and stepped on the crack.

Religion in the ultimate superstition. Its what keeps the masses from progressing with their "selves".

The ultimate secret is that you are the only god you will ever know.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Being who I am I must disagree. I was brought up in a very loosely called "Catholic household". In highschool I found great wisdom and maturity in wisdom in that religion and delved into it deeply. That being said, I do believe it confines those who would like others to be confined and be themselves the ones in control. But, for those who seek the truth and thirst for it are given to find it.

What keeps the masses confined is the common idea of life, which, has its pleasures, but it pales in comparison the jewels made for the soul called virtues. Virtues are freeing, as a free conscience is absolute freedom.

Religion in truth teaches to free your conscience and expel your ego far from the extreme of seeing yourself a god. We are definitely of great worth, don't get me wrong, but there is a Greater.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Religion in truth teaches to free your conscience and expel your ego far from the extreme of seeing yourself a god.

I got no religion and I don't think that (other than that) I'm a whole lot different than most people (except that my opinions may not always coincide). Does that mean I'm a god or that everyone is?

"When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer."
edit on 8/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Religion in truth teaches to free your conscience and expel your ego far from the extreme of seeing yourself a god. We are definitely of great worth, don't get me wrong, but there is a Greater.

Without a human yardstick, one can only be greater in mass.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It means that you are humble. Humility is a virtue, a great one.

You are different. You are a human but you have a unique individuality and aspire to an irreplaceable destiny. You are irreplaceable when it comes to your destiny or earthly mission. So is everyone.

Don't worry, there's no contradiction here.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It means that you are humble.

Au contraire (and I'm sure few would argue).

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Just writing on the example that was written, no clairvoyant here.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It may be a misunderstanding of the terminology or perhaps some facetiousness on my part.

In any case, thank you for the compliment. Even if it is misplaced.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I do not think humans have seen the height of intellect, not can they measure it.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

We can always imagine a greater being to succeed the one we imagined before it. It's the same with the intellect. Rather, we measure the results, not the intellect.
edit on 17-8-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Those results don't remain acceptable for very long. Are you implying that there is no end to intellect?

edit on 113131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm implying there is infinite possibility with finite means.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'd need more points to fully understand before I start asking irrelevant questions.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I was only responding to your comment. Sorry goes for the deviation.

Glad to see your writing again.
edit on 17-8-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

'Your' would be better suited with an " 're". It is good to see your writing as well. I usually guess you authored a thread by seeing the title.

top topics

join