It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always Throw the Stick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Bounding, bouncing, full of glee--my dog was born rife with energy.

Tail curved and bristled she wags it back and forth with unrestrained excitement. Paw raised and pointing she stands grinning her doggy grin.

She's a 40lb australian cattle dog--ever since she was a puppy she had infinite energy and near-endless enthusiasm. And ever since she was born we've played a simple game.

I throw the frisbee and she goes sprinting after it. I toss the stick and she starts racing in pursuit.

When the weather gets cold I'll toss snowballs akimbo and she'll go spraying through the powder in every direction.

"Goosie chase a SNOW-BALL!" I shout, and she prepares for that throw.

Summer or winter that game never gets old. Whether spring or autumn she enjoys it in full.

But regardless the changing seasons, one rule always remains constant:

One maxim stays the same.

Whatever toy we're using--I'll always throw without fail. Never will I fool her with a fake toss.

Never will I deceive her with a intentionally fraudulent command.

Too many times I've seen friends and family members playing a cruel game where they pretend to throw the stick but hold it back at the last second--then laugh as their poor dogs go haplessly chasing after nothing.

All that does is instill faulty neurological wiring in your beloved pet. All that accomplishes is teaching your faithful hound that it needs prepare for deception.

By only pretending to throw the stick then letting the dog suffer that delusion, you're showing it that you can't be trusted.

You're teaching it that humans lie.

And that sick game extends well beyond the province of our furry friends. Because we play it with each other as well.

How often have you promised something then broken your word?

How many times have you vowed be faithful then committed an act of betrayal?

You might consider these one-off events of scant significance. But what you failed consider is this:

Our actions instill neurological patterns in the minds of others. Our words and our deeds program our reputation into being.

Because "reputation" is nothing more than a snapshot of the neurological connections to which people relate us in their minds. It's naught but the primary associations they have connected with our names and faces.

Thus words and actions live on immortal in the minds of others. Deeds done and sins committed continue existing long after the moment of their occurrence has passed.

Through interacting with you on a prolonged basis, people assemble a mental dossier of your personality and your predicted behaviors.

Therefore you've every incentive to remain honest in your actions.

You've always a motive to be forthright in your ways.

Because whatever you do unto others is being encoded in the neurological structure of their brains. And when you're angry, hostile, negative, dishonest, difficult, adverse--these things they'll remember and recall. All that information is sinking into the associative structure within that quantum supercomputer between their ears.

That information they consult each time they think about you. That dossier they update with each interaction.

Then in time--instinctively they begin determining whether you're someone they can trust. They start considering whether you're a person with whom they want associate.

And then, they begin deciding in advance whether you're going to throw the stick.

Reputation isn't some intangible element that exists in nebulous form. It's a very real construct that exists in the minds of those with whom you interact. And because your reputation sits in the brains of so many, long it'll endure even after your physical form is gone.

Therefore you should take it seriously. You should consider it always.

Be unfailingly honest. Be unerringly forthright.

Only instill the most positive associations alongside your name. Perpetually remain upbeat, pleasant, truthful, kind, and benevolent.

Never deliberately fool or mislead others. Never take advantage of them for your own twisted amusement.

Whether you're dealing with your furry friends or your acquaintances on two legs--whether you're dealing with your friend or coworkers or children--always be impeccable.

And even when you're playing a game, remember to always throw the stick.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

My youngest dog is part Australian cattle dog. She's something else. I throw a stick or anything and she looks at me like "If you wanted it so bad why did you throw it?"
On topic: I'm one to keep my word. That's all anyone really has. If you can't even do that, you're nothing.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have had 2 German Shepherds and when I fake throw something they just look at me. The real smart dogs dont fall for that ###T lol..

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And politicians are clueless as to why the lies no longer work.

Great post OP

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

My youngest dog is part Australian cattle dog. She's something else. I throw a stick or anything and she looks at me like "If you wanted it so bad why did you throw it?"
On topic: I'm one to keep my word. That's all anyone really has. If you can't even do that, you're nothing.

Hahaha, I think that first part is totally on-topic.

My cattlehound will chase things and grab them but then I've gotta chase her to get them back.

Dog-eag-dog world. But at least she always throws the stick too.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
And politicians are clueless as to why the lies no longer work.

Great post OP

I think they know the lies don't work.

I also think they don't care because it's common knowledge that all candidates up for election are essentially bought out by the same people.

And I know this ish won't go on forever. The people of earth are waking up, and we won't tolerate the BS much longer.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Mine makes me fight to get things from her. Sometimes she'll just give it. It depends. It's a game to her. She's always bringing me stuff she's not sure she should have. Sometimes it's bones. Lately it's been eggs. She doesn't even break them.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Your discussion of honesty would make PT Barnum proud. If you are always trustable, and another person is deceptive and clever about concealing it, who will come out ahead in any financial transaction? You've given away a principal advantage before you even started. You will have the reputation as a sucker.

Worry about your reputation for honesty only with those who are close to you and always will be. Be suspicious with the rest of the world, and prepare to meet trickery with trickery. Don't go unarmed into the world of finance.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Golden retriever so it's a tennis ball.
He really, really want me to throw it into the bay but I just gave him a bath. Do I still have to?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: StanFL

Your discussion of honesty would make PT Barnum proud. If you are always trustable, and another person is deceptive and clever about concealing it, who will come out ahead in any financial transaction? You've given away a principal advantage before you even started. You will have the reputation as a sucker.

Worry about your reputation for honesty only with those who are close to you and always will be. Be suspicious with the rest of the world, and prepare to meet trickery with trickery. Don't go unarmed into the world of finance.

This is a large reason why this world is so screwed up.

We're taught from a young age to embrace deception and commit acts of questionable morality.

Fortunately, this isn't the default behavior of human beings--this is something ingrained by a corrupt educational system.

And it's something we need unlearn before our species can evolve in the most important way: Spiritually.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Australian cattle dog? Had to look that one up - seems there was one in Mad Max... never knew that!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
Australian cattle dog? Had to look that one up - seems there was one in Mad Max... never knew that!

They're amazing high-energy dogs--and super-intelligent.

Cattle dogs should definitely be high on the list for anyone searching for an incredibly loyal protective medium-sized dog...provided they've got land available for the puppy to run and play.

Mine loves hill climbing and river wading at the local park. And she's territorially insane about chasing away any deer or squirrels or raccoons that wander onto our property.

Her only weaknesses are thunderstorms and vacuums. Other than that I'm pretty sure she's invincible.

top topics

join