It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from 'my' ego

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Letter from my ego:

Dear Lost Soul,

This is your ego speaking. I originate from your free will choice based on past experiences you have been unwilling to accept. This is why you created me in the form you see me now. I used to be a much smaller part of you, but something happened in your past and you believed you could not accept it. You felt vulnerable and needed saved.

This is where I came in. I am your false sense of self you created to avoid your truth. I tell you it is everyone else that needs to change for you. I tell you it is the situation you find yourself in that needs to change and not you personally. I tell you your beliefs are right and other beliefs that oppose your beliefs are wrong. I place the blame outward and tell you forgiveness and letting go are not options.

I realize the past does not go away until it is faced, but I tell you otherwise until you actually believe it. I tell you to just take your mind off of it and it will all get better on its own. I tell you this until you bury your past experience subconsciously so it may never be faced. This is when I, as your false sense of self, become difficult to detect and therefore grow stronger. Meanwhile, your past never goes away and deep down it eats away at your soul and your physical and mental health. It causes uncontrollable anxiety, depression, and anger. It causes medical issues. You are unaware that it relates to your inability
to face your past because I will not allow such a thing.

Anyone or anything in the external environment that pulls at this repressed subconscious trauma will be met with fear through avoidance, anger, control, and hostility. This is how I completely take over and dominate your life. Why do I do this? How could I do such a thing? Because I need you to believe that I am real. I live based on your belief. The second you do not believe I am real, you will realize the essence of who you really are. You will remember the pain you have held onto and will remember it can be let go and will then release it. You will no longer depend on other people and things for your happiness. So I remind you of any threat so that I may remain. I do this through thought.

I remind you it is you versus the world. I find all the problems I can that reflect the underlying subconscious trauma you are holding onto and I fight against them. I have grown to do this in collective society all around the world. I do this through the media, government, religion, politics, large corporations, addictions, projection, and avoidance/repression. The list goes on.

I use anything I can outside of yourself to keep you distracted from facing your inner demons. I keep you lost in racing surface thoughts to the point that your mind is constantly racing and you have no sense of awareness of the present moment.

You dwell on the past and worry about the future because I need you to. I disguise myself in many personal identities. I wear many masks. I just need you to believe in me as being real. I help you develop pleasureful addictions to those things that keep you from facing your inner trauma. I use things outside of yourself to give you a false sense of entitlement or a false sense of inferiority. I make you believe you are a simple victim to other people's imperfections. Whatever it takes to keep me alive, I do not care. I want to live forever, but I need you to believe I am real. The last thing I want is for you to remember that you created me.

Once you remember to let go of the underlying trauma that you were once unwilling to face, I am toast. You will realize not only that you do not need me, but that I am not real and was created by you. You will reduce me to a much smaller part of who you are. You notice when you become defensive and realize it's just me. You then detect the underlying emotion that was triggered and release it, further weakening my power.

You become more natural, more real, more honest, more loving, more compassionate, and more caring. You become more aware of the beauty of remaining present in this moment. You achieve the absence of racing thoughts. You achieve inner happiness that is limitless and not dependent upon external conditions. You'll begin to accept everyone as they are without judgment. These are your natural states. I will do everything I can to stay alive and keep this from happening. All I need is your belief that I am real, and I will remain in your thoughts as long as possible to reinforce this belief.

Thank you for staying in denial,

Ego

From the book - The Daily Evolution of Human Consciousness - By: Kyle Sphire

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
oh wow ..
that is something
I am only quarter way through it

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
oh wow ..
that is something
I am only quarter way through it

Thank you. I wrote a more personal one for my individual life. It helped a lot.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subconsciously Correct

I don't like this word (incorrect term anyway is the best I can think of)

but it is very powerful

actually I can't even describe how it makes me feel

reading it the second time
thank you for typing it all out and taking the time to share it

I can not believe actually that - "this" the message could have been put into words and sentences

edit on 17-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Ego is not false or evil, but a beautiful extension of spirit. It adds beauty to life as much as each type of tree is beautiful in its own way, but comes from a basic seed.

An unhealthy ego with false belief systems such as "others must suffer for me to succeed" or "Everyone is a threat to me", and "I am not loved", is what causes the aggression of the ego. It becomes crazy because of the false belief systems of lack and limitation but it itself is not evil/false.

A healthy ego teaches the abused, the bullied, the victim, those with low self-esteem, to love themselves and know that they are just as awesome as others and deserve happiness just like everyone else. It teaches the aggressive that they don't have to dominate others to be a winner, because they already are winners and there are many blessings that they already have in life.

People with a healthy Ego, who love themselves know that life is about happiness and that life is too beautiful to waste hating on others and not being happy.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
there is no I in I am

just a beautiful human experience

with own perception of beautiful

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Ego is not false or evil, but a beautiful extension of spirit. It adds beauty to life as much as each type of tree is beautiful in its own way, but comes from a basic seed.

An unhealthy ego with false belief systems such as "others must suffer for me to succeed" or "Everyone is a threat to me", and "I am not loved", is what causes the aggression of the ego. It becomes crazy because of the false belief systems of lack and limitation but it itself is not evil/false.

A healthy ego teaches the abused, the bullied, the victim, those with low self-esteem, to love themselves and know that they are just as awesome as others and deserve happiness just like everyone else. It teaches the aggressive that they don't have to dominate others to be a winner, because they already are winners and there are many blessings that they already have in life.

People with a healthy Ego, who love themselves know that life is about happiness and that life is too beautiful to waste hating on others and not being happy.

I don't disagree. A healthy ego has a smaller role in the grand scheme of who you really are. It can be aligned with truth and utilized for such. It is clear that many of us have believed we are only this sense of ego, which can only come from an escape from reality. The ego, based on our choice to avoid our truth, creates a false sense of self that we begin to believe is who we really are. This is when it becomes dangerous.

This is why so many issues continue to repeat themselves today that we have encountered numerous times throughout history and failed to grasp. Fixing the surface issues is what an unaware mind does. It waters a plant at the leaves and not the root. The problem appears to be solved....until it isn't.

Thanks for all of your replies thus far.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Maybe we have different ideas of what Ego is. To me, Ego is the sense of self. The Ego is our truth. Whatever we believe we are is how we will see everything. We will look through the eyes of what we believe ourselves to be.

"I AM WHO I AM"

Latin: EGO (SUM) = English: I (AM)
edit on 19-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Maybe we have different ideas of what Ego is. To me, Ego is the sense of self. The Ego is our truth. Whatever we believe we are is how we will see everything. We will look through the eyes of what we believe ourselves to be.

"I AM WHO I AM"

Latin: EGO (SUM) = English: I (AM)

I don't think we disagree at all on what the ego entails. Where we appear to disagree, and correct me if I am wrong, is that you believe we are only our ego. "The ego is our truth" is the quote above I base that off of. If that is the case, then who is it that is aware of ego? Who is aware of thought? Of belief? In order for belief to form, there must have been a conscious being present before belief to form a belief.

There is a natural state of pure bliss and unconditional love, completely independent of belief. It just is. It is the natural state of being. That's the only way I can describe it. It's beautiful beyond description. The ego can form your sense of identity from this state of being. It is this natural state of being experiencing itself in the physical form. When we believe we are only our egos, it means we have forgotten that ego too can be observed, but it comes from a higher level of awareness. Some would call it 'Higher Self.' This is what is meant by the spiritual phrase "I AM." There is no identification, just being.

We may still not see eye to eye even after I explained this further and that's ok. I will say that the ego I address in the OP is the false sense of self many of us have created to avoid facing our underlying thoughts and feelings about ourselves. We then believe this false sense of self is who we are without realizing that we not only are not it, but we are the conscious being that created it. In this way, we do create our own lives often without being aware of it. For the great majority of people at least, this is the case.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Subconsciously Correct because: Typos

top topics

join