It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit Doesn't Make Sense

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Seeing as how you'll get a multitude of answers from this site, a non-religious website, you'd be better off going to your local church and asking. Or perhaps someone you may know that has a theology degree. In a nutshell, I don't think it wise to seek Christianity 101 type questions from this forum.
Best of luck to you on your journey.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsidoreOfSeville

Seeing as how you'll get a multitude of answers from this site, a non-religious website, you'd be better off going to your local church and asking. Or perhaps someone you may know that has a theology degree. In a nutshell, I don't think it wise to seek Christianity 101 type questions from this forum.
Best of luck to you on your journey.

Perhaps this is correct if one is asking to try and make sense of something that is completely illogical... Go to a Trinitarian church and they will show you all the so called "proof texts" for the trinity... What they won't show you is what disprove said triune God

I'll give you one that a reverend couldn't give a legit answer to

Lets assume for the sake of argument the one passage in the gospels that actually uses the Trinitarian formula is not an addition to the text...

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

The gospel of matthew is assumed to be the second gospel written, and a lot of the information given was likely taken from Mark which is assumed to be the first one... and is actually dictated to John Mark by Peter

Pauls letters were written within a few decades of the death of Christ, as well as acts which is assumed to be written by Luke...

The commandment was to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

the question is... Why didn't anyone follow that commandment?

The Commandment that wasn't Followed

edit on 24-8-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You just proved my point. If the OP wants a clear answer, it may be in his best interest to not seek it here.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IsidoreOfSeville

Right. Get thee to a Trinitarian to explain the deliberately dumber down version the Judaic/Platonic working model of "The Divine Word". That way they can explain why the truncated trinity can never manifest anything and why Jesus is always "coming" but never here.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm merely trying to point the OP in a direction that is best for him/her, to someone he/she might know instead of random "expert" strangers on an internet forum, is all.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

This idea doesn't make sense to me. Can someone make it make sense to me? I've asked many Christians and Catholics. I'm sure it exist in other traditions as well so maybe there is actually an explanation that makes sense but I haven't heard it yet. Does anyone else not get it?

i also do not get it. My understanding is that Adam was created in two distinct portions which are terrestrial body (image) and the celestial breath of life (Likeness).

I have always understood Holy Spirit to be God as He is total Spirit and the life source of this creation. If there is another entity of Holy Spirit then that would be the same as two celestial Gods. Then which of these two Holy Spirits would Jesus be the son of and which of the two Holy Spirits would be the Father God? If it is understood that one is simply the extension of the other then that would explain some of this confusion but then would not explain the trinity. Yes I am confused by this christian belief.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Seede because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't understand why x-ians have trouble with any particular aspect of "the bible" or any given strange aspect of "god" - the whole story is fantastical and if you can believe a major part of it then why do you have problems with little bits that are no more weird than, say, the flood??

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
RAJI ALLAH
THE TRUE HOLY TRINITY IS BETWEEN SIN THE MOON GOD OF ARABIA OR THE MIDDLE EADT IS THE REAL FATHER OF ALLAH THE PERSIAN PRINCE ALSO KNOWN AS SATAN AND THE WIFE OF THE MOON GOD IS THE SUN GODDESS. THESE THREE MAKE UP OUR MODERN DAY TRINITY PHYSICAL BEINGS SEE MORE AT INSTAGRAM.COM/RAJI_ALLAH
ALLAH THE PRINCE OF THEBES

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
THE REAL TRUE HOLY TRINITY IS THE MOON GOD SIN LORD OF WEALTH AND PLENTY, THE MOON GOD SIN,HIS WIFE THE SUN GODDESS AND THEIR SON Allāh!!! THIS MAKES ALLAH A LUNAR DIETY IN CHARGE OF WHO GOES TO HELL..THIS IS WHY SOME SAY ALLAH IS SATAN BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE CAN PUNISH FALSE MUSLIMS THAT BELIEVE IN A WHITE JESUS COMING BACK WITH MARKS OF CRUCIFIXION THAT CAN TAKE YOU INTO THE SKY MIGHT BE A FAIRY TALE.. ALLAH IS THE PRINCE OF ANCIENT PERSIA THEBES EGYPT AND THE LORD OF THIS WORLD. THE BIBLE SAYS THAT SATAN IS THE LORD OF THIS WORD ALLAH OR SATAN IS NONE OTHER THAN THE FALLEN ANGEL BRYAN JOSEPH SINGLETARY ALSO KNOWN AS ALLAH JESUS WAS ACTUALLY THE NAME I MADE UP IN THE BEGINNING

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join