It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe fake gay people exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Same here.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Cuervo

Me personally, I refuse to hang out any place where people give a crap either way.

I like having a mixture of different folk around, it makes for better conversation, involving a wider total pool of experience!

Well yeah, me too. My point was that we all have people around us that have some nastiness we don't ever suspect until it comes up.

I've known people for years and never knew they were racist until it came up then suddenly it was n-word this and n-word that. Same thing when you bring up gay people and suddenly it's "homo", "fag", etc and you're all like "woah... who the hell are you?"

People who would harm another for being who they are exist everywhere but they don't wear signs.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Actually the fake gay people used to play straight. It wasn't very nice for them even 30 years ago. Fake gay people though? You never know. Many believe in fake supreme beings.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No, I suppose that's true, but I guess that depends on where you live. There are certain folk who look at others in a certain way, that look that says "If you challenge my world view, no matter how blinkered it might be, I will maim you."

As a metal head, I have become very familiar with that look from folk, and how to avoid places where it is likely to be aimed in my direction. This is, of course, more of a public health issue. If I knocked out every bastard who looked at me funny, the National Health Service would be unable to cope with the caseload!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Everything you just said was exactly what was said previously. The interesting thing is to watch people come to the same realisation.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

agreed

see it happening all over Europe

even with friends of my young sister
(they look it but doubt they would sexually act on it.. two girls kissing on a dance floor always a hit)

With guys don't they call themselves metrosexuals? or is it different to that

with my sisters girl friends half of them have shaved their heads and act all gangster

But then it's like the Miley Cyrus thing or what's her name Lohan

just a phase?
edit on 17-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm confused by the general tone of this thread.

It seems we are talking about flamboyant dudes and masculine chicks and just saying they are "pretending to be gay". Is that what the confusion is here or are you all talking about two different things and not realizing it?

There's no such thing as "acting gay" other than pretending to be attracted to your own sex. I thought that's what the OP was talking about. Some of you are confusing stereotypes with reality, I think.

I know some pretty jockish gay dudes and even more flamboyant straight guys. Masculinity/femininity and sexuality are mutually exclusive concepts.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Cuervo because: clarity

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ok

question I know this is super comercial I don't even want to really talk about it

I fell in love in with a women and no there is no such thing as pretending it took us 3 years till I finally let go of the contradictions in my head and I went for it intimately

I just watched tmz a couple of days ago
and yeah so they have a topic : M. Cyrus was photographed kissing a girl against truck

and the q remained is she bisex or sheis doing it to raise her popularity

would be interesting to see what you think

I know celebrity gossip makes some people gag sorry for that example

sorry I sound funny I just can't reword myself to sound more "proper"

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Only time i seen "fake gay" is when my friend applied for a high end fashion store job, just to get past the interview, he can imitate really well, the stereotypical hand gestures and lispy words... To this day, there is only two straight people in that store, one is him and other is an old married guy.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
well, i believe they were trying to make it (fake/real gay people)mainstream a looong time ago. Like in this old Orsen Wells Video titled 'Future Shock'. A few people even remember it in the 70's in high school as young as 12 being told to watch it with obvious mixed reactions.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

People confuse Sexual Orientation with Gender-Identity and Gender-Expression the are all separate and don't depend on each other

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

that makes sense (god I should dust of
am still in reality closet)

gender expression

sounds right

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Young folk experiment sometimes with their sexuality.
Who cares anyhow? Do the fake gays effect you?.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I would be a fake gay man if I got my dteam job as a bra fitter "oooh dear let me adjust that bra for you" lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Even if there were "fake" gay people, why is that such a concern to you?

As long as they aren't being bullied to do it like the many gay people who pretended to be straight due to homophobia, then it is just freedom of expression.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
I'm confused by the general tone of this thread.

It seems we are talking about flamboyant dudes and masculine chicks and just saying they are "pretending to be gay". Is that what the confusion is here or are you all talking about two different things and not realizing it?

There's no such thing as "acting gay" other than pretending to be attracted to your own sex. I thought that's what the OP was talking about. Some of you are confusing stereotypes with reality, I think.

I know some pretty jockish gay dudes and even more flamboyant straight guys. Masculinity/femininity and sexuality are mutually exclusive concepts.

Actually there's a mail-carrier a town over that walked from house to house delivering mail. He was a total flamer, until the day a husband came home early from work and found him porking his wife....turns out the "gay" was an act so no one would suspect him delivering any more than "mail", and it worked for years.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I know a few people who are quite openly homophobic, racists too. I'm sure there are plenty of closet homophobes too.

I don't think it matters who you are or what you do, someone somewhere will take exception to it. Even really cool folk, there are for example musicians that I see and think - how can you not like them/him/her? And someone will be like...i hate them/him/her!

Tolerance is just as much about accepting that people won't always like you and what you are just as much as it is about accepting people for what they are, the two aren't mutually exclusive. How can you ask someone to respect your views and choices when you don't respect theirs?

Maybe people should stop worrying about what other people think about them, it's no big deal. Sometimes things are only a problem for us if we make it a problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You are either talking about metrosexuality here or bisexuality. No problem on either account. Many homosexuals don't even believe bisexuality is a thing, and metrosexuality is a fad. Plus the word is stupid and I wouldn't expect everyone to know it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

It doesn't bother me and I don't think it comes across that way in my posts or the OP, if it does it was never my intentions.

I tried to keep this thread as light hearted as possible. This thread was authored after a conversation/debate I had in another thread I responded to.

This is a discussion board...we talk about things, lot's of different things.

In my defense I reckon this thread turned out pretty interesting, a lot of intelligent contributions and despite a few heated posts being removed it's been quite civil and insightful.

What's up with that?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't know, maybe you have a point.

I'm quite old fashioned , I won't deny that. But not like some old bigoted dinosaur. I do see a lot more female couples in public now and it ain't no metrosexual or fashion stuff, holding hands and kissing gives it away.

I was on a bus late one night and two girls were all over each other. Most guys would think that was kinda cool, if someone told me that story I'd think, nice...but it strangely wasn't very nice at all, it came across more as a show for the rest of the passengers, they knew people were watching, the bus was busy. They were pretty cute and clearly there was a lot of passion/lust/love or whatever but it still made me uncomfortable just as a man and woman passionately chewing the face off one another would be - keep it for the bedroom.

I never saw much like that happen in public, maybe the last 5 or so years it has become more evident. It's not so bad, things have changed so much and so obviously over the last 10 - 15 years nothing really shocks or surprises me much any more. If anything it's a quite interesting world we live in...can't grumble.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join