It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe fake gay people exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I believe some people who live a homosexual lifestyle in this modern world aren't really homosexuals, but willingly chose or were perhaps even influenced into becoming who they are. I've been influenced by people, I was influenced by mostly football players like most young lads in the UK. I was influenced by my favourite musicians, movie and tv starts, the usual sort of nonsense most kids are exposed to.

I believe some (not all...let's be clear about that) people actively choose to be homosexual, because they're young and impressionable and think it's trendy, and because it's more common in society and people are, quite rightly, more tolerant of such things. I believe the message that - you are born with those feelings - is sort of slowly being lost and forgotten and is being replaced with a new message that says you can be this or you can be that.

I can't prove it...no pics, I was going to post this in the paranormal section since they apparently don't exist but decided to compose a rant instead - mods, please move if necessary.

Anyway, I can't prove it...can't even get pics - I mean, how do you get pictures of what someone really thinks and feels, you can't.

The camera does sometimes lie.

I apologise to any real homosexual people and I mean that, sincerely. I always thought it was sort of genetic, no choice...you sort of are what you are kind of thing.

Anyways...not so much of a rant - maybe move it to the gray area. Not too sure, really. But genuinely interested in others' opinion on the issue. I'm not saying it's bad or that, personally I couldn't care less...I'm quite a boring person, but to some I probably live a somewhat unconventional lifestyle so it's not like I'm one to talk or that.

Just an observation I've made over the years.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I completely agree that some straight people pretend to be homosexual for whatever reason.
I somehow think that there are many more homosexual people who pretend to be straight though.
Society still dictates the norms.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply
I'd bet there's many more fake heterosexual people than fake gay people. Like 10X more at least!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

That's an interesting point I hadn't considered that. But, yeah...there's probably a grain of truth in that.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can kind of get why someone would hide it, there are still some really old fashioned types around who are intolerant.

But there's intolerance for everything to some degree i suppose. I suppose on the flip side it could be peer pressure, trying to fit in...pretty much the same issue on both sides of the coin.

People being what they think other people think they should be or are.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

A grain or a whole desert, the fact is that for some, it is still absolutely impossible to admit homosexuality.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
When I read this my gaydar doesn't go off at all. When I read your previous posts you pinged so hard it killed the batteries.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Naturally, in a place like Jamaica it's practically a death sentence.

I'm a fair age, late 30's, I remember how things were. The 80's in particular were quite a confusing time for a young lad. I remember my dad turning the tv over when boy george came on...that confused me and was probably wrong.

I never had any concept of what he was about...to me it was just a chap wearing a lot of makeup and odd clobber.

link   
I'd have to agree that mathematically it's highly likely a small percentage of people choose...
In a specific sense though.

Why did I choose Islam over Buddhism...

Simply I didn't, I felt it...
But I still chose Islam.

Make sense?

It felt right, I believed it, I chose it, it also chose me...

Could work in all walks of life.

Maybe not.

link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

My previous posts?

In this thread or another?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why must we always hang a label on people? People are the way they are, why can't we just leave it at that?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If what you say is true, it will only take one sexy woman to snap then back to their senses.

You cannot betray your underlying sexuality. I think you might be referring to the rise of the metrosexual maybe. Straight boys who dress and act gay to get girls. It's been around for since the late 1990s. A few narcissistic males realised that girls adore gay boys for the way they dress, groom and are sensitive to them ie we listen to their crap and we show we care.

I used to see it all the time in gay clubs, it was easy pickings for those adventurous pioneers.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Hmm, I'm not really a religious person so I can't say I know exactly what you mean but I sort of get where you're coming from.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sigh...

I have yet to meet anyone that is pretending to be Gay because it's what? "Cool"? "Hip"? "Trendy"? i mean, Homosexuality is not a "Lifestyle" it's not a "Career Choice"..

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

are sensitive to them

Aww sweet...

ie we listen to their crap

Errrr...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Exactly, maybe this is the gray area known as bisexuality. I'm too selfish to deprive myself of the things I enjoy.

People use the phrase "get a life" a lot these days - if you're doing anything against your will just to be accepted you ain't living your life. If you're happiest spending 24 hours a day rolling about in dirt and you spend your life doing that then you had the greatest life ever.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I know...that's what I thought too.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

There are fakers in every walk of life, but to fake ones sexuality requires a chameleon ability one would only expect from a psychopath.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join