It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Threat at Savannah River Site Nuclear Facility in South Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The truck theory is sound. Where I use to drive a forklift was at a beverage distributor. I was loading up empty pallets on one guy's truck that had just delivered a trailer full of liquid laundry detergent. That had been out all weekend in the Southern heat of summer and BOY it stank.

A second time I was loading a trailer that had moved manure. I made him leave.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I used to go to a place that had a dog go through the car before entry was allowed. I had an SUV and had left a load of mulch in there for a few days before I was able to get it out. When I went through the checkpoint the back of the SUV was empty (with some mulch smell and small pieces of mulch left behind). The dog alerted. Since it was obvious what it was alerting on they let me go on my way. I just found it interesting.

I head a story about a guy who was detained for several hours due to his car having explosives residue found by a dog. The only thing he could think of was that neighborhood kids had been setting off fireworks in his street the night before. He had driven through the residue, it took a few hours for him to convince people of that...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: amberinsc
a reply to: seagull

Sent a chill down my back too. I live in SC!

Seems like there are a few southerners around here,The Savannah River site looks gloomy and haunting I've always got a bad vibe when driving through the place. to me it's just an eerie place...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

this is possibly no is one of the most dangerous places in the U.S

Human Health Problems at Two of the Most Polluted Places on Earth, the Savannah River Site in South Carolina is an 802 square kilometer complex that has been severely polluted by five decades of Nuclear Weapons production. It is now rated as one of the top ten most polluted and toxic places on the planet.

300 SQUARE MILES COMPLEX OF RADIOACTIVE DEATH

At the Savannah River Department of Energy site near Aiken, South Carolina, USA, a 300-square-mile complex of streams, ponds, nuclear reactors, reprocessing units and barbed wire in the pine woods on the South Carolina-Georgia border, everything from the deer and ducks to the collard greens shows radiation contamination.

Swimming through the ponds into which the Energy Department has dumped billions of gallons of contaminated water over a period of 30 years are turtles, which absorb radioactive tritium, strontium and cesium in their shells and flesh. The radioactivity will outlive the turtle by decades. What about other animals that use these contaminated ponds for drinking water?

you tube
Agreenroad Project

It's a hauntingly gloomy feeling...it's really hard to describe,I do know it should be shut down cleaned up and buried.

you tube

The Under a Cloud video above presents evidence that the Savannah River Site in South Carolina had a recent, unreported radioactive fallout release event. That radioactive fallout threatens human and environmental health for 'downwinders'. Do you live downwind or downstream of this plant?

edit on 19-8-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Thanks for both those posts, who cares about a false alert by some bored dog compared to the real danger that is in there and leaking out of there?

Thats what people should be concerned about, focusing on and complaining about. Not a threat to the facility, but the threat of that facility.

Ode to the Bomb and radioactive contamination.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Seems like there are a few southerners around here,The Savannah River site looks gloomy and haunting I've always got a bad vibe when driving through the place. to me it's just an eerie place...

TWILITE22, no kidding the place gives me an uneasy feeling.

But about the incident or almost incident it could of just been a coincidence, maybe the vending machine vehicle could of been used to carry explosives previously? I know it is not uncommon for vehicles of that nature to be refurbished or bought buy companies to sell specific goods. Though it is good that the plant was prepared.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thanks for both those posts, who cares about a false alert by some bored dog compared to the real danger that is in there and leaking out of there?

Thats what people should be concerned about, focusing on and complaining about. Not a threat to the facility, but the threat of that facility.

Ode to the Bomb and radioactive contamination.

I'm down wind of the place it sits among many small southern towns through a nondescript back road stands this ominous building that could give the most haunted house a run for their money,some of these towns are no longer and many families from them have been wiped out with cancers and other poisons from this toxic waste dump.
the water company comes house to house regularly checking water samples.

there is much more going on at this place than a dog sniffing threat incident..how long before the under ground tanks start leaking? they hold the waste and other by products left over from the cold war.toxic brews lay underground.

SRS is the only Superfund site where the polluters are allowed to keep polluting. The additional plutonium reprocessing will add thousands of gallons of additional high level waste to the tens of millions already stored in the remaining 49 huge tanks filled with the most toxic radiological substances known to mankind.

There is also the plumbing – hundreds of miles of pipes connecting these canyons to two tank farms where scores of carbon steel tanks – each the size of a National Basketball Association Court – hold the deadly toxic brew from the nuclear separation process. The tanks began to corrode and rust not long after their installation in the damp South Carolina climate. At least a dozen of them began leaking into the sandy soil. That deterioration process is hurried by radiation which damages and breaks down metals and cement. The lesson of SRS and other DOE sites is that the radiation over time will defeat anything mankind has contrived to contain it. - See more at: www.dcbureau.org... onium-separation-at-the-savannah-river-sites-h-canyon-for-mox-fuel.html#sthash.DnY7wiX1.dpuf

epa

The Savannah River Site is a disaster past present and future

edit on 22-8-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: EvilBat

"The Aiken Standard, quoting a source on the site, reported it involved a bomb sniffing dog alerting on a vehicle. Other local media said the dog alerted on a truck coming in to restock vending machines and bomb squads had been called to the scene as a precaution."

MSM Coverage

Like in Tom Clancy's The sum of all fear.
They delivered the bomb in a vending machine and the plutonium came from the Savannah river's k reactor. On a serious not I agree Emergency and nuclear reactor is not what anyone wants to hear.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The Savannah River Site is a disaster past present and future

Thanks again for the data. They told everyone 'by that time' they will have worked out the problem what do do with the waste.

They reassured everyone of this. How long? About 40 years as I recall. So tank life was given a lifespan based on empty promises.

Was it just greed? The corporations that mine, process, refine, make reactors, sell the power and the spent fuel to remake into weapons must have reeled at the profit potential. The warmongers needed the weapons for 'defense'. The social engineers that design city infrastructure need the power, the engineers making the promises for future resolution of radioactive contamination need their jobs…

Now, threats of pollution , war and disease loom larger than ever and wheres the bill being paid? Of, by and to the people.

It is surely MADdening on all levels.
Photo gallery

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
that kill
greed/money is always will always be the bottom line with any corporation,the toxic mess left behind could possibly end up surpassing the death toll in Japan.how in gods name they sold the idea that this could be contained is way beyond my understanding.
I'm to old for this,tired of the lies,so many lies tired of mafia big brother government,toxic pollution by corporations,and complacency...what kind of world our kids and grands are left with?
John Lennon knew as most of us do they are maniacs for maniacal means in every sense of the words.
I would love just for once hear some real truth,lol ...is there such a thing?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
that kill
greed/money is always will always be the bottom line with any corporation,the toxic mess left behind could possibly end up surpassing the death toll in Japan.how in gods name they sold the idea that this could be contained is way beyond my understanding.
I'm to old for this,tired of the lies,so many lies tired of mafia big brother government,toxic pollution by corporations,and complacency...what kind of world our kids and grands are left with?
John Lennon knew as most of us do they are maniacs for maniacal means in every sense of the words.

Yes, right here, from you. I didn't know at first what the plant was until you came along. Never give up sowing those kernels, they do sprout and grow.

Thanks again for being here.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: TWILITE22
that kill

Yes, right here, from you. I didn't know at first what the plant was until you came along. Never give up sowing those kernels, they do sprout and grow.

Thanks again for being here.
thank you that was the nicest thing anyone has said to me on ats...it's a strange world when deception and dishonesty is honored more than authenticity and truth.
this doesn't make me feel safe

These ArcGIS shapefiles are derived from U.S. Government data sources. Layered together they show the proximity of nuclear reactors in the United States with historical earthquakes. They also show proximity to seismic hazard zones. Each shapefile set includes detailed source and data information in a metadata file.

map

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

thank you that was the nicest thing anyone has said to me on ads…it's a strange world when deception and dishonesty is honored more than authenticity and truth.

No problem> I don't book mark many posts here, I did both of yours.

They have to put reactors near water sources for the volume required to cool them. Rivers and ocean boundaries are usually plate boundaries, too. Also convenient to flush away the disasters. Out of sight, out of mind.

Even though they are trying to hide all that, it becomes clearer over time that nuclear power and fuel cycling to make weapons is probability the stupidest thing man has ever done.

We both know the far reaching consequences, most want to either deny that or cover it up.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I've taken this thread off topic so I'll end it the best way I know how, lol...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That cooling tower in your first video was secondary coolant loop apparatus, not in direct contact with any radioactive materials during the life of the plant. That stack however, is exhaust and emergency venting for any gasses during reactor operations from the primary reactor itself. They are always contaminated, built up over a life time of use. Usually they decommission those piece by piece from the top down to prevent the spread of radioactive dust.

Demolishing it with explosives is cheaper and hey, whos gonna notice?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join