It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcycle Bomb rocks central Bangkok

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Another bomb has gone off, luckily nobody was hurt, the bomb was thrown in the river

m.theage.com.au...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So.... My only question is.... "Why?".

What possible reason could there be to do this, even a second bomb lobbed from a bridge?
And to make it more curious, a nerdy looking white dude? I mean seriously, what's going on?

And really, what's going on with the world, large explosives going off almost every day now...!?!?
edit on 18-8-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I suspect the video contrast shows him to be whiter than he is,in the video he looks more thai. This police belive he is linked to anti government #s from the north east of Thailand

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Your world you decide its future
Whatever world you make it,

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
im now seeig photos of a young american man that apears to be arrested as a suspect, there are also photos of a passport but the dob on that is 1966 so cant be the same guy. im reading my friends thai facebook pages and translation is not easy. as soon as im 100% that he has been arrested for/on suspision of i will add the photos, just dont want to make sure im not speading internet rummo0rs

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Arab-like man seen leaving bag at Erawan shrine before explosion
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A police source said police are now hunting for a suspect with an Arab look who was seen leaving a bag at the Erawan shrine shortly before the blast occurred.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Suspect with a Arab look?

Do you think it's the same guy seen leaving a rucksack at the site of the explosion 1 minute before the bomb went off?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Sorry I don't seem to have the option to add video, if someone could add this to the thread I'd be grateful.

Video footage of bombing suspect leaving backpack at the scene.

www.youtube.com...

Saw this on the news. Seems like the motorcycle bomb talk may be wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Suspect with a Arab look?

Do you think it's the same guy seen leaving a rucksack at the site of the explosion 1 minute before the bomb went off?

That seems to be the speculation at this stage. The police can pull much more detail off the surveillance cameras than we can.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes I just read on BBC news that the bag was left "precisely" where the explosion happened.

The thai authoritys haven't said he doesn't look thai , but I can't find anything official about them looking for a Arab looking man

I fear more attacks (2 bombs in 2 days so far), nobody has claimed responsibility yet, I hope not because they are planning more attacks and don't want police on there tails
edit on 18-8-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Sorry I don't seem to have the option to add video, if someone could add this to the thread I'd be grateful.

Video footage of bombing suspect leaving backpack at the scene.

www.youtube.com...

Saw this on the news. Seems like the motorcycle bomb talk may be wrong.

Does look pretty shady, I can imagine with all the video cameras around
this does not seem as rare of a possibility to have such a good video of this slimy POS

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

Yes I just read on BBC news that the bag was left "precisely" where the explosion happened.

The thai authoritys haven't said he doesn't look thai , but I can't find anything official about them looking for a Arab looking man

I fear more attacks (2 bombs in 2 days so far), nobody has claimed responsibility yet, I hope not because they are planning more attacks and don't want police on there tails

Dude does not look Araby in the video i seen the second video at at least look clearer

edit on 18-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If it's starts with M, then it must be "Mormons" (eeeeeerrrrrrrhhhhh!!! still wrong).

Unless you mean "I"???

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Another bomb has gone off, luckily nobody was hurt, the bomb was thrown in the river

m.theage.com.au...

Dang!
I'm so glad no one was hurt in this one.
Thanks for the link.
A bit more info from RT

An explosive device has been thrown from Bangkok’s Taksin Bridge into the Chao Phraya River. Police have not reported any injuries. Law enforcement has said reports of a separate blast near a railway station are erroneous.
The explosive, believed to be a pipe bomb, landed in the water near a pier where a number of ferry companies operate, taking tourists around the city’s waterways.
Colonel Natakit Siriwongtawan, deputy police chief of the Klongsan district, said that an unidentified man threw the explosive near a busy pier on the city’s Chao Phraya River, and that it landed in a canal.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: anniquity

Just heard on the news that Jimmy Barns and his family were close by when it went off.

I didn't know who Jimmy Barnes was so I looked around a bit...

James Dixon Swan (born 28 April 1956), better known as Jimmy Barnes, is a Scottish-born Australian rock singer-songwriter. His career both as a solo performer and as the lead vocalist with the rock band Cold Chisel has made him one of the most popular and best-selling Australian music artists of all time

He gives a first person account of what happened near him at the Sydney Morning Herald if you wanted to read more details of his experience.
Now I'm off to listen to new music!:-)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
More detailed facial sketch here: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
So.... My only question is.... "Why?".

What possible reason could there be to do this, even a second bomb lobbed from a bridge?
And to make it more curious, a nerdy looking white dude? I mean seriously, what's going on?

Is there some dots to be connected with what happened in China only days ago.

jimstone (82.221.129.208...) has got some good insight into what happened in China. Its not the first time I've read that a flash that totally whites out the camera lens is a nuk.

Has Thailand got connections with China??

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And i hoped that it was just some guy with fireworks shells and extra gasoline on a motorcycle having an accident >_>

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It looks like police in Bangkok have made a breakthrough, a suspect has been arrested in northern bangkok, unconfirmed reports say he is turkish. They found a number of passports and bomb making equipment in the apartment.

"We have detained one person," deputy national police chief General Chaktip Chaijinda told reporters in a live TV broadcast.

"We have found components of bomb-making materials in his apartment and I am confident that he is likely involved with the bomb attack," he said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm trying to find more information out from my many thai friends, if anything solid comes from them I will post on here, until then everything I'm currently hearing seems to be wild rumours.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is allegedly the suspect that has been arrested

I'm not sure if they are saying he is the man that was seen on camera planting the device or if he is part of the group that carried out the attack.
edit on 29-8-2015 by kamatty because: Added better photo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join