It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcycle Bomb rocks central Bangkok

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Dunno what to tell you bout that then.

The articles mention the insurgency. I haven't seen one indication that officials believe the insurgents are responsible for it.

The articles also mention tourists, EMS, law enforcement, and government officials. So if we're taking simply mentioning something as indication of suspicion, sounds like a lot of groups are under suspicion.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oh sh*t! -

That clip really shows just how big of an explosion it actually was...

thanks for posting.

damn.

edit on 17-8-2015 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The articles mention the insurgency. I haven't seen one indication that officials believe the insurgents are responsible for it.

The articles also mention tourists, EMS, law enforcement, and government officials. So if we're taking simply mentioning something as indication of suspicion, sounds like a lot of groups are under suspicion.

Oh ok, so they were just mentioning the terror group In the south just to mention not to suggest suspicion, so they could of said teenage mutant ninja turtles live underground and as yet have been spotted near the scene, and essentially would of been doing the same thing just mentioning whimsically and for no apparent rhyme or reason. Sometimes you people suggest some very humorous occurrence without fully realizing what you are saying.
edit on 17-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Does anyone else get the feeling that what is going on today and years gone passed has all been played out before on the planet 'Mars'?'

An earlier experiment of 'humankind' that went wrong??

No.....

ETA: sorry Mods, just answering the question above....

Well, actually i meant the explosions, oil leaks, nuclear reactor problems? It al happened before on 'Mars' which eventually led to the people of that planet relocating elsewhere just like we will be relocating elsewhere when tshtf here on Earth... which is why NASA are looking for other livable planets!

Also to get away from these maniacal jihadist fools!
edit on CDTMon, 17 Aug 2015 13:01:30 -05000000003101x130x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh ok, so they were just mentioning the terror group In the south just to mention not to suggest suspicion, so they could of said teenage mutant ninja turtles live underground and as yet have been spotted near the scene, and essentially would of been doing the same thing just mentioning whimsically and for no apparent rhyme or reason. Sometimes you people suggest some very humorous occurrence without fully realizing what you are saying.

There's terrorist activity in the south of the country. It's relevant because it's the same country, and it's possible that they are responsible. Being relevant and possible isn't the same thing as pointing the finger at something.

If an article about Tom Brady mentions that he played at Michigan in college, should we all suddenly suspect that he's still secretly a college player at Michigan? Or is it possible that maybe the journalist thought it was noteworthy to mention? You're wording your comments like they're couched in government statements that they suspect it was the insurgents in the south of the country, all while leaving out the part about those insurgents rarely doing anything outside the south of the country.

Maybe they did it. Maybe they didn't. But the mere mention of insurgent activity (and your selective editing of those mentions) doesn't necessarily mean anybody is pointing fingers yet other than you.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Are you saying that because we found nitrates there? Please tell me no....

Again, no I don't believe anyone (especially humans) inhabited Mars in the past.....What would even give you that idea?

I am not saying it isn't Jihadis, I just said it is hard to start pointing fingers without knowing....Nothing more

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have visited that shrine a few times, not because I believe in anything, just because it is so unusual as it is Hindu in a Buddhist country, I know exactly where it is.
Regardless who did it, I just feel for the innocent Thais and tourists who have suffered, same as I feel for all victims of psycho terrorists wherever they are in the world.

Thailand, just like Tunisia and Egypt ,can do without acts of terrorism scaring their major source of income away, tourists.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Yeah because all names in other languages are created simply for English speakers' amusement, particularly if they can be misspelt as well.

On topic: RIP to those who lost their lives to this disaster, whatever the cause may be.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The other thread mentioned authorities diffusing a bomb inside of the shrine that didn't go off. How is that not relevant in this main thread?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thai Army chief says the tactics and bomb used in the attack "does not match" those used by the insurgents in the southern provinces.

Nobody has claimed responsibility so far and Thai government still hasn't pointed a finger.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Who is it that conducts attacks regularly on religious shrines? Is this indoctrination, brainwashing? Is global warming a suspect still?

Yes it is brainwashing. Terrorist don't terrorize for no reason which is what media have brainwashed the public to believe. If you look at foiled terrorist acts a different pattern emerges. There was an attempted bombing of the Mexican parliament one month prior to 9/11. It made CNN news briefly before there was a complete news blackout. Reason being is that the captured islamic terrorist weren't islamic at all. link

There was also another incident of muslums killing Iraqi police on the street. When the muslums were captured by Iraqi police they were found to b UK SAS dressed as muslums. They were placed in jail until UK forces smashed the jails walls down to free them. link

Simple fact is that the west wants to paint Muslims as terrorist so they can continue to plunder muslum countries. Its easy to pay a Muslim to deliver a package to a restaurant etc and set it off remotely. Need to ask who wins from terrorist acts, its never the Muslims.

edit on 17 8 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Have some respect people have died and once again it's some jihadi # doing what they do best.

Not being ignorant here but was this classified as a "jihadi" attack already?

I heard motorcycle bomb but no classification to a group was made yet...(as far as I am aware)

Just sayin....
yeah... it was quakers. those violent bastards.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here they said it was an attack on the economy

(and I didn't hear yet the word terrorist attached to it yet.. but I may be wrong)

it was in a highly visited tourist area

gross.. seriously what must be in your head to blow yourself up and other people

edit on 17-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This image is circulating that Facebook pages, I'm trying to find more information about it. I'm not sure if it's a genuine suspect or if it's a Boston bomber type Internet witch hunt.

Edit: he is the official suspect, looks like a nerdy little white kid.

edit on 18-8-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Okay looks like he is an official suspect....

From BBC news....

Mr Prayuth said the perpetrators had not been identified, but that police were investigating one suspect seen on security footage at the shrine

They say they are looking for one young man who appears to walk into the shrine wearing a black backpack, but is then seen walking without it.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sorry I don't seem to have the option to add video, if someone could add this to the thread I'd be grateful.

Video footage of bombing suspect leaving backpack at the scene.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: anniquity

Just heard on the news that Jimmy Barns and his family were close by when it went off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join