It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Bangkok?! (Confirmed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just had a banner scroll across my article on USA today. It won't let me click it, so I can't see the info.

Anybody out there have the news?

Searching now. Will be back with anything I can find...

"The BBC's Jonathan Head, who is at the scene, says there is a huge amount of chaos with body parts scattered everywhere."
www.bbc.com...

edit on 17-8-2015 by Doodle19815 because: My IPad crashes when trying to use the Quote and Link buttons in the post. Sorry for not using them.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

There has been a large explosion close to a shrine in the centre of the Thai capital, Bangkok.
Local TV has initially reported five dead and 20 injured and quoted police as saying it was caused by a bomb.
The BBC's Jonathan Head, who is at the scene, says there is a huge amount of chaos with body parts scattered everywhere and a crater that does indicate a bomb attack.
If this is confirmed, he says, it would be rare for the capital.

www.bbc.com...

CCTV video posted on Facebook appears to show the moment a huge explosion struck Bangkok, causing the deaths of at least twelve people in the Thai capital.

www.independent.co.uk...

ETA:images coming through (BBC)

edit on 17-8-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thank you! There doesn't seem to be much more out there at this time. Info is scarce. What is going on over there? Your quote mentions a bomb!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"I can confirm it was a bomb, we can't tell which kind yet, we are checking," national police spokesman Lietenant General Prawut Thavornsiri told AFP."

"Reuters reports the death toll has reached 12, according to police and rescue workers."
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Live coverage link.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Doodle19815 because: Add quote. Sorry once again for not using the quote box.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Doodle19815 because: Add death toll

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Explosion in a gas tank of a taxi? I could hardly believe it would cause so much damage.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thank you for the video. What a nightmarish scene.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
EDIT GRAPHIC CONTENT

reports of 3 additional bombs diffused
edit on 17-8-2015 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
on the video i posted what landed in the road infront of car on left bottom side, i think it was a body

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anonymous1legion

3 more bombs, wow! Wonder who is behind this?

Prayers for Bangkok on this sad day.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I can't.... I'll never know, because I can't go back and re watch it looking for flying body parts.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
watching on cnn im certain its a body

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

I can't.... I'll never know, because I can't go back and re watch it looking for flying body parts.

im suprised msm have not spotted it and pulled or edited the footage yet its only 2.52pm here way before the watershed

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

it could be religious attack? the Thai govt is also heavily divided between the red shirts (police, wealthy businessmen-some tied to Chinese triads, some young political radicals, some northern farmers, and some religious extremists) and the yellow shirts (military, old ruling royal family, most citizens of Bangkok)

the police (Red shirts) and the military (yellow shirts) would get into shootouts against each other on the streets at the markets.

so it could be religious terrorists or any permutation of the behind the scenes war with the two political factions of Thailand

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

all I know is my best friend is in Bangkok right now and I have no way of getting a hold of him, until he returns around the 20th. really hope hes ok.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Thank you for that insight. I will be honest in saying I don't know much about the politics there. The fact it was so close to the Shrine gives me the shivers. It made me start to lean towards religious affairs.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Have a family member in China, so I understand the knot of worry on your mind. Skype has become my friend.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
www.wmtw.com...

Police were sealing off the scene because a bomb in the area remains active and needs to be defused, police at the scene told CNN

seems like more to come also reports of the one that exploded was on the back of a moped

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Dang! That would make 5 bombs then according to my count!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
sky reports at least 15 souls lost
news.sky.com...

Local media says at least 15 people have been killed and 80 injured after a bomb on a motorbike exploded in central Bangkok.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

from what i understand (what ive been told a few weeks ago by friends that live in thailand)

muslim extremists living in the south of Thailand near the Malay border have been acting up. they're also pissed because the govt raided one of the Muslim villages down there and captured a hundred or so Chinese Muslims living there.

the USA and Turkey asked for the Muslims saying they would give them asylum.

Thailand to suck up to China their neighbor put them on a plane and sent them all to China where I believe they were executed or are slated to be.

Turkey got pissed at Thailand and burned down the Thai embassy in Istanbul in protest.

so it could be a little revenge too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join