It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizardman and his Flying Machine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Um I'm not really vested in this, but what stick? You mean the clear as day tail with the completely obvious stupid tail scale bumps along it?

YES EXACTLY!!!!

That couldn't be an oar/paddle.....Nope it is the lizard man's tail.....

If you were killing an alligator to prove your "manhood" back then and wearing it's head over yours.....It also couldn't be the tail of the alligator killed in which this person is clearly wearing the head over his own? The body behind him with the tail up in the air?

Nope, flying lizard people.....I mean just try common sense sometimes....Look into some tribes who wear the heads of what they kill....That is what the "man" of the tribe does to prove he is the best hunter.....This has happened for thousands of years now and you guys all think because a sculpture was made it is a freaking UFO with lizard aliens?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

No, I just know that tail isn't an oar. I want to know where this oar is that you're seeing, cause you keep claiming there is one. As said, not vested one way or the other, but there's no fricken oar as far as I can see.

Not saying what it is, but if one is going to claim it has an oar somewhere, demonstrate it somehow, explain where this oar is.

Is possible it's exactly what you think, but as far as I can see you need to take the oar out of your argument.
edit on 8/17/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm going with a long-range feather tickler--he's probably on his way to Tickle Town to participate in the Ticklefest. (I see feathers, not flames, on the end of it)

Of course, it could be anything (especially since, if you actually look at it, it appears to be its tail)--neither you nor I know for certain. But, while I was being facetious (or "feces-ish," as I like to pronounce it), it really does perplex me that you always think you are 100% correct all of the time, and in such an arrogant way. Why do you do that? It's quite unnecessary on this thread, and quite frankly, on this site.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm going with a long-range feather tickler--he's probably on his way to Tickle Town to participate in the Ticklefest. (I see feathers, not flames, on the end of it)

Of course, it could be anything (especially since, if you actually look at it, it appears to be its tail)--neither you nor I know for certain. But, while I was being facetious (or "feces-ish," as I like to pronounce it), it really does perplex me that you always think you are 100% correct all of the time, and in such an arrogant way. Why do you do that? It's quite unnecessary on this thread, and quite frankly, on this site.

When did I claim I am 100% right? I said it couldn't be.....It couldn't be....This couldn't be that? Is that me saying it isn't?

I said I don't know how people immediately jump to the flying aliens, but that isn't me saying that is not exactly what it is....Listen people like me who love to argue, will jump down your throat to push your mind to the edge....

But please don't confuse someone like me with the other people who claim to be something else....I am a straight shooter and will tell you how I see it, nothing more!

That thing (you guys call the lizard mans tail) looks exactly like something that would be used to navigate waters, not to mention the "craft" is a tiny, round (common in water so it doesn't get stuck on rocks) single person craft, which would be common to a hunter of the waters at that time.....You may forget they didn't have a local market to pick up food...Someone could have seen many of these going down the river, people wearing the heads of their kill (very common)...So then someone makes a sculpture fully knowing what it is, we find it thousands of years later and don't understand so we immediately go to the Aliens/UFO's portion of our mind.....

Sorry but that is exactly how I see this and if I am not right, I would gladly admit it....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

No, I just know that tail isn't an oar

HOW? Your guess is as good as mine....Although mine does fit a little better into our history and what we know about people and hunters.....

ETA: You guys must think I am trying to be right.....I am trying for someone to PROVE me wrong! This is how we learn, and not just keep one idea, people like me save your protected little minds from staying shut! (love from your local d-bag)
edit on 8/17/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Nice find. I don't think i've ever seen these. It brings to mind the stories of Quetzalcoatl. He is described as a flying lizard/serpent man.

There is a detailed myth and many cultures from that area and time frame who shared this story. These relics fall right into the same story line and almost certainly depict quetzalcoatl.

He is often described as contemparary to Thoth or hermes, as he came from the sky and taught humans farming and irrigation as well as architecture and societal concepts. Very similar to the stories we find from Sumer.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A self proclaimed d-bag should understand why nobody wants to discuss the fine points of history and the relics which tell the stories from the past with him. You might be right, but you would need to bring sources to back it up. D-bagging makes nobody care about what you are saying.

You are debunking claims which aren't even being made. If you were really interested in this stuff, you would know that there is a vast history of cultures who describe a feathered serpent who changed the course of humanity. Whether that is consistant with what we know about the world today is irrelevant. The stories are there.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Not saying any of these match the flying lizard man pics, but it is easier for one person to navigate waters with 1 oar, USUALLY behind them...

Hence my argument if you aren't familiar with boating alone! You use 1 oar from behind to direct your path especially on a round boat....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

A self proclaimed d-bag should understand why nobody wants to discuss the fine points of history and the relics which tell the stories from the past with him. You might be right, but you would need to bring sources to back it up. D-bagging makes nobody care about what you are saying.

You are debunking claims which aren't even being made. If you were really interested in this stuff, you would know that there is a vast history of cultures who describe a feathered serpent who changed the course of humanity. Whether that is consistant with what we know about the world today is irrelevant. The stories are there.

Debunking claims that aren't being made? Thread title :

Lizardman and his Flying Machine

Um.....I am trying to stay on point but I am failing to see what you are saying?? Just because I admit to being an as$ you don't want to talk to me about a point being made? That's a good one.....Don't be scared, I won't bite.....HARD

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

These relics are depicting Quetzalcoatl.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

A very rich and colorful mythology of a feathered serpent god, Who taught the south american ancients about societal concepts. There are thousands of carvings also depicting him in several dif forms, including a dragon, an alligator, half lizard man, and a glowing white man. You should familiarize yourself with the myth before trying to debunk it.

Also depicted in many carvings is his flying machine. It is part of the story.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The myth of quetzalcoatl is of a lizard man who came from the skies in his flying machine. It is an old story. Seriously it is pretty interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
But please don't confuse someone like me with the other people who claim to be something else....I am a straight shooter and will tell you how I see it, nothing more!

I wouldn't have it any other way...maybe we suffer from the same online affliction where an inability to read tone creates the mirage that we are just tactless. I'll read all of your posts in an Elmo voice and see if that helps

That thing (you guys call the lizard mans tail) ...

Hey now, I never said he is a lizard man, nor that it is his tail, I just said that it appears to be his tail, judging by its placement and the fact that it has the same bumps on the top side of it that the face/skull/helmet thing has.

Sorry but that is exactly how I see this and if I am not right, I would gladly admit it....

Oh, I'm sure I'm not right about it, because everything I've said has been basically in jest. But, you never know...my father-in-law used to have one of those little personal inflatable inner-tube looking things that had an attached seat in it and cooler. He'd go floating out in lakes and fish in it whilst drinking beer and having some nice "me time." If that's what this thing is in the thread, I don't blame them for having something like that one bit...would make sense to me!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

These relics are depicting Quetzalcoatl.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

A very rich and colorful mythology of a feathered serpent god, Who taught the south american ancients about societal concepts. There are thousands of carvings also depicting him in several dif forms, including a dragon, an alligator, half lizard man, and a glowing white man. You should familiarize yourself with the myth before trying to debunk it.

Also depicted in many carvings is his flying machine. It is part of the story.

I am sure you will just dismiss this also, and yes I know about Quetzalcoatl....

In addition to his guise as a plumed serpent, Quetzalcóatl was often represented as a man with a beard, and, as Ehécatl, the wind god, he was shown with a mask with two protruding tubes (through which the wind blew) and a conical hat typical of the Huastec people of east-central Mexico.

Also OFTEN represented as a man with a beard.....But that means nothing I am sure again....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'll read all of your posts in an Elmo voice and see if that helps

lol....Read it however you want....Just debunk me if I am wrong....All I ask

I love people like MEEEEEE!!!!

hahaha..

Now we will debark from the flying or water debate onto Quetzalcoatl.....These peeps think I am an idiot because I called myself an a$$....Someone's in for a rude awakening!
edit on 8/17/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not a boat....Great find OP.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think you're right that's probably Quetzcoatl aboard his flying machine, in the first example feathers can be seen on the arms, the aerodynamics reminded me of the gliding methods of flying Lizards and squirrels and such forth, that and the feathers made it obvious as a flying machine, and he was a God of the wind hence whistle.

Yes i guess that's his tail.

Given the absence of rubber, buoyancy, paddle, water...i don't think so.
edit on Kam831228vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1731 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

I think you're right that's probably Quetzcoatl aboard his flying machine, in the first example feathers can be seen on the arms, the aerodynamics reminded me of the gliding methods of flying Lizards and squirrels and such forth, that and the feathers made it obvious as a flying machine.

Yes i guess that's his tail.

This probably didn't have anything to do with the feathers HE was portrayed with.....Nah

Quetzalcóatl ruled over the days that bore the name ehécatl (“wind”) and over the 18th 13-day series of the ritual calendar

Keep em comin guys....Just keep not responding to me either, I will keep going......

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Who said anything about rubber? I said you could buy it for yourself or fashion one out of wood if you would like....Sorry I couldn't find a boat in today's society that fit's your picture if that is where you are going with it...

Water? Gulf coast.....What's that?

Jungle? You can do better at debunking my ideas, I have confidence.....(maybe)....(who am I kidding)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Not a boat....Great find OP.

Wow thanks for that.....Could have just starred but just throw it out there!

Wait.....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Very similar to the stories we find from Sumer.

Such as ?

I'd have to disagree with your claims that he makes a whistling sound as he flies by, as this is actually a double whistle, so is a musical instrument.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join