It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Not a Homophobe! But...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I already stated quite clearly my position, I don't think sex should be pushed in any context of it being for pleasure...she's 11.

To a child that age sex should be strictly about reproduction.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

You don't think teaching kids about something influences them in any way?

Okay.

it might.
depends on the child. depends on what is being taught. how it is being taught. depends on how involved parents are.
in my opinion a childs influences do not come from any 1 thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Can you tell me how and what they are teaching these Kids in school about Homosexuality? and actually facts not hyperbolic articles... and i'm seriously curious because i don't know

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Did I imply that the child would be influenced only by the person teaching them about homosexuality?

Now who's being closed minded, of course a child will be influenced by a number of things, people, factors - I don't think the subject of homosexual sex or sex for pleasure should be taught to any child and it can and very well may influence them...are you denying that obvious truth?

If you achknowledge that, please stop trying to argue with the point I made. If you don't...please offer a logical reason why, instead of pushing your own narrow minded view of what I'm saying here.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I am not sure of the actual content as I am not a student in primary school. I've heard her talk about things she's heard and been taught in school and I don't think she should know stuff like that...it's that simple.

I didn't ask her about any of it, and she has spoken of such issues on more than one occasion quite openly to my mother, her grandmother.

Unfortunately she is my niece and not my child or I'd do something about it. I refuse to bring kids into this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe she is hearing things from other Children in school... which is completely different than it being part of their curriculum

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Exactly - you hit the nail right on the head. Homosexualty has existed since forever, is that what this thread is about?

I don't think it is. I'm not attacking homosexuality or homosexuals, nor am I denying it exists. But I stand by my position that sex should not be pushed on to kids. To a child sex should only be discussed in the context of conception...pregnancy and child birth.

That's what it's for. I think there's most likely a good reason why sex, homosexual sex in particular - has been something of a taboo subject in civillised society...until like 40 or 50 years ago when apparently it became the be all and end all of everyone's life.

who is talking about pushing it on kids though?
the OP didnt say anything about it. we are 6 pages in and i think you are the 1st to mention something.
that is a whole different topic but let me say this.
since you mentioned sex ed my opinion on it is im not sure if schools should teach it. my daughter is only 3 so i have time to decide about that. i do think that no matter if the education comes from the parents or the teacher that it should NOT only be about pro creation. that does not mean that it SHOULD be about laying with anyone for pleasure so please dont twist it.
if it is taught, when it is taught they need to know the truth. the truth is it is not just for making babies.

i think i will not respond to more sex education type comments unless the OP and/or others start. i dont want to sidetrack the thread too much but if it goes there i will respond.

a lot of things were 'taboo' 40-50 years ago.
hell, divorce was something that a lot of women didnt consider back then cause oh my god what will the neighbors things. no matter she was getting the # beat out of her by her boozing spouse. it just wasnt a 'common' thing.

thank fictional god we are past all that # though eh.
also it is not the be all end all of everyones life.
times are changing. laws are changing. attitudes are changing as well they should be.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When I was a kid I remember reading a Batman comic and Batman and robin shared a bed. I thought nothing of this, what I thought was odd was that on older tv shows and cartoons couples were often shown sleeping in separate beds.

If a kid read that Batman comic now they'd most likely assume that Batman and Robin are a gay couple.

What I had was something known as innocence. I was a naive, innocent child who had not been influenced by anything of that nature.

Kids should be allowed to remain innocent, I miss the magic. The stork, the birds and the bees - kids don't need to know this stuff. Anyone who disagrees, fine - do what you like I couldn't give one. But don't push it on anyone - homosexual folk don't like being told their lifestyle is this and that any more than heterosexual folk do.

Just be who you are and get on with it. Let people develop naturally into who and what they actually are.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't think the OP is being homophobic at all. I think he is making an astute observation, but is also just a little off the mark. It is not simply about being gay.

Let me ask you a question-

When was the last TV show you can recall that had a strong male role model?

That's what is missing.

If you watch TV carefully, you may notice that most male figures on TV are either a) homosexual or b) he is a bit of an idiot who just so happens to be married to or involved with a strong women, he is just the schmo who is lucky enough to be with her.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok, now I think you're trolling.

Don't kids watch television?

Do kids imitate what they see on television?

If the answer to those questions is yes...and it is, then...um, what?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Any fool with half an eyeball can look at the modern world and see, quite clearly, how the youth of today are influenced by television and the media in general.

You told me to get with the times - this is ATS for crying out loud. Why can't you accept that it's morraly wrong and corrupt to push sex outwith the context of reproduction to children?

Please explain this to me...and don't deny that they see and are influenced by this stuff, because everyone knows that is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Did I imply that the child would be influenced only by the person teaching them about homosexuality?
no you didnt. did i say you did? you asked me a direct question and that was part of my answer. for me it was not just a yes or no. relax
Now who's being closed minded, of course a child will be influenced by a number of things, people, factors - I don't think the subject of homosexual sex or sex for pleasure should be taught to any child and it can and very well may influence them...are you denying that obvious truth?
i am not being closed minded. i was just answering your question. i think it can and very well may influence them along with what they are told by their folks. i dont think that being taught about homosexuals will influence them in a negative way. if they are not gay then they are not gay. learning about homosexuality will not cause them to rush out and try homosexual things....thats what you are getting at and i dont think so. i dont think teaching kids that sex is only for procreation would do anything positive. why lie to children? we would have to start splitting hairs and define what teaching them about sex for pleasure would be about. i dont think kids should be taught that 'sex is awesome and it feels so good and on and on and on. of course not. i think it is equally stupid to teach kids that sex is only for married couples who want to make babies.

If you achknowledge that, please stop trying to argue with the point I made. If you don't...please offer a logical reason why, instead of pushing your own narrow minded view of what I'm saying here.

im getting lost in what you are asking me. i am pretty sure i already answered you
i dont think teaching kids about sexuality is a negative thing. i dont think it and it alone will influence kids in a negative way.
i also dont think that IF it is going to be taught then it should be only about procreation. i think that will cause negative things.
it will cause negative things cause kids around that age(some kids) are starting to experience emotions and feelings they are not used to. their bodies are starting to change. puberty is starting and hormones are kicking in.

i think a likely situation would be like the duggar freak shows. the kid is taught that sex is only about procreation and this or that will happen if that do and the kid is tormented internally cause his teachings say one thing and his emotions show another.
in the end he winds up molesting his sister and some other kids.

it is a fine line we have to walk with out children. when i say we i mean society and all under age kids.
i mean get real man.

pretty sure i answered you but if you dont feel i have i will try again.
if you feel i did not answer you it is not because i am dodging. i have no problems saying my honest opinion

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

I could say the same thing about A Gay Character, or a GLBTQ+ character, when was the last time a Gay Character wasn't the 'Flamboyant Best Friend' or the 'Straight Acting One' that no one knew was Gay and were astonished to find out.. or just there for Witty remarks...

I don't sit here complaining about all the 'Heterosexual' shows, or how they are pushing 'Heterosexuality' to children.. etc. i maybe find a show i can stand to watch and watch it

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I think you're deliberately and rather poorly trying to convince yourself that what you're saying here is true.

There is no way on god's earth you can convince me, that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks teaching kids about sex is perverted, end of. The only time sex should come up is when a kid asks an innocent question like where do babies come from?

That's it. And again, thanks for the contribution, yes - when the childs hormones are raging it's probably not the ideal time to try and influence them or steer then down any paths.

That's why I'm here, my father had an old fashioned education...back when folks were more morally intact - and he lived and survived through the raging hormones and became a fine young man, who met his wife and fathered some children.

Exactly what about this type of arrangement was bad? Let people learn...animals don't need sex ed why do we? Are we not intelligent enough....I thought we were smarter than them.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Any fool with half an eyeball can look at the modern world and see, quite clearly, how the youth of today are influenced by television and the media in general.

You told me to get with the times - this is ATS for crying out loud. Why can't you accept that it's morraly wrong and corrupt to push sex outwith the context of reproduction to children?

Please explain this to me...and don't deny that they see and are influenced by this stuff, because everyone knows that is ludicrous.

so youre calling me a troll and still asking me questions. interesting
you think i am trolling cause i am being honest?

not i think you are trolling
at first you said this

You don't think teaching kids about something influences them in any way?

you go from that to asking me about about it being morally wrong to push sex without context.

those are different things. of course it is wrong/negative to PUSH sex on kids without context.
that is not the same as sex education.
can you not see that?

i dont care what everyone knows. i know what my opinions are.
in my opinion, sex education(which is what you first asked about) does not influence kids in a negative way

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes, indoctrinated! Perfect word, that's exactly what's going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I think you're deliberately and rather poorly trying to convince yourself that what you're saying here is true.

There is no way on god's earth you can convince me, that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks teaching kids about sex is perverted, end of. The only time sex should come up is when a kid asks an innocent question like where do babies come from?

ok man. fine. thats your opinion.
just because you think the only time it should come up is when they ask where do babies come from does not mean i have to agree.
we have different opinions. deal with it

ive tried the best i can to answer you so can we stop with the sex ed now?
i kind of want to continue the line of the original conversation and that was the rant about all the gayness being pushed on us in the form of tv.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So you tell me, if a kid is taught that some men like men and some women like women...and the kid asks can they have children? Yes, they can adopt. But can they natually conceive...no. Ok, so they don't have sex?

Yes.

Why?

I...don know!

The end.

You're right - my eyes have been opened. God, I was so...so blind! But now I see!

HALLELUJAH!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So you tell me, if a kid is taught that some men like men and some women like women...and the kid asks can they have children? Yes, they can adopt. But can they natually conceive...no. Ok, so they don't have sex?

Yes.

Why?

I...don know!

The end.

You're right - my eyes have been opened. God, I was so...so blind! But now I see!

HALLELUJAH!

dude i cant even follow your question(s) to be honest.
the answers are complicated. as i have said in many threads when talking about homosexuality. gay people can conceive children. gay men father children all the time. gay women conceive children all the time.
there are all kinds of reasons for this with acceptance and 'fitting in' being only a couple.
for like the 20th time now....can we get back to the original line of discussion?
i think you are taking the sex ed thing and pushing it to the extreme.
just let it go man.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

Let me ask you a question-

When was the last TV show you can recall that had a strong male role model?

That's what is missing.

If you watch TV carefully, you may notice that most male figures on TV are either a) homosexual or b) he is a bit of an idiot who just so happens to be married to or involved with a strong women, he is just the schmo who is lucky enough to be with her.

i dont know about the strong male role model thing. i would have to think about it.
that said, i can think of all sorts of male characters that are not gay and are not idiots that are just married to strong women.

edit

edit on 17-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join