It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Not a Homophobe! But...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Sure you do! You just like to mince your words and pretend you have the moral high ground.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
if you want to see why. Next time you get into any debate on any subject in this vein. Ask, what percentage of people are gay? It's a fun question to ask. Most people miss it by 100s% some even by 1000s%. That's because of media.

If you look at the 1830 census(for percentage of freed black southern men who owned at least one slave) and the 2010 census(percentage of black gay men). They are pretty much the same number. I found that out during the great confederate flag vs skittles war of 2015.

Think about it, if every time you saw a gay black man, you can think, he would have owned a slave and IF 1830 media treated black slaves owners like gay black men, would the civil war even started?

It's the propaganda of making something abnormal seem normal, is the issue. Not that some things are abnormal.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solnovlun
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Right... maybe you don't understand. God has forsaken homosexuals and doomed them to an eternity of torture in the fires of Hell.

Oh Yummy! We can make S'mores!

Wait. Somebody remind me what year we're living in? It can't really be 2015, can it? Not for some people, apparently?

Holy crap! How, in any way can it be okay for someone to come right out and say they hate gay people? Lemme guess, two chicks making out is hot though?

This whole thing is absurd. One thing is certain, this sure pushes people's button when it shouldn't matter. Don't like something on television, don't watch it. Is that so hard?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Solnovlun

damn you're good, saw right through me. Not.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I'm comparing homosexuality to anything which is considered taboo. Perhaps bestiality was bit strong but my point is this. It goes against what is natural and therefore creates a repulsion for it. It's a relative thing

Homosexuality isn't "Taboo" though.... It's quite clearly mainstream as pointed out in the OP.
Only small minded, ignorant, pathetic, bigoted, insecure, nosy, opinionated and hypocritical idiots think that being gay is "sick" or "not natural" or "infesting our society" or "corrupting our children"

Seriously... it's ridiculous.
Most have moved forward, evolved, progressed, advanced, become more aware and choose to live and let live and not pass judgement on others who are not harming anyone.

When people start comparing homosexuality (a perfectly natural, legal and acceptable sexual orientation) with Bestiality and Paedophilia....then ...they're just talking utter bollocks and have no position or argument but hate and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Ah stop thinking so god damned myopically. It's ALL about perception. It's all relative to what one person thinks is ok compared to other stuff THAT person thinks is not. I'm not saying homosexuality is akin to bestiality ffs. I'm saying it boils down to a majority consensus to what is deemed "appropriate" in that culture. Sorry, is my line of thinking just too deep to comprehend or something? It comes down to this and I'll say it again and again. No one cares about who you sleep with, why must it be in the forefront of society?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ah stop thinking so god damned myopically. It's ALL about perception. It's all relative to what one person thinks is ok compared to other stuff THAT person thinks is not. I'm not saying homosexuality is akin to bestiality ffs. I'm saying it boils down to a majority consensus to what is deemed "appropriate" in that culture. Sorry, is my line of thinking just too deep to comprehend or something? It comes down to this and I'll say it again and again. No one cares about who you sleep with, why must it be in the forefront of society?

Yeah... people bashing minorities is always deep dude.
The OP mentions shows with gay characters.... who cares?? Don't watch it, it's simple.
I'm not gay and have no vested interest in this I'm just sick of crap like this OP... people pretending to have a serious point about why there should be less gays on TV and listing shows that have a character who's sister is gay or whatever??

Like...WTF??

It's just bizarre.

TV is TV... there are many channels, don't watch it.

There are gay people, they exist and like many other minority groups and issues, shows like to tackle them and show them.
TV did a hell of a lot back in the day to make black people seem "normal" when many thought they weren't.... this is no different to be honest.

I just don't get these kinds of rants.

Just say "I don't want to watch you being gay, it's repulsive and wrong and the bible says it's bad"
Don't dress it up as something else.

Brutal honesty is better than gentle deception.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Life is just a paradox. I'm right, you're right, we're both wrong. There is no real answer to it and it all comes down to individual points of view.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You're not getting it all. You're not even trying to get it. Here, let me use a straight up point. If every single minority group managed to get their sexual eccentricity on tv, how would you feel?

i dont think you get it.
i woulnt feel anything one way or the other.
majority. minority. gay. straight.
there is all kinds of # on tv that i personally dont like. what do in those situations is dont watch them.
example

i dont like sports(mma being tbe exception). so, when i cruise channels, if i come across a baseball game or hockey or something i just keep on going.
it is not that hard. why am i supposed to feel one way or the other?

i also dont like home decorating hows or the evangelicals so i dont watch them.
it really is that easy.

i guess instead i could cry and bitch about it. i could compare it to something totally no related. i could be mad or disagree or be repulsed.
instead i just dont watch and then feel none of those things. much easier and faster

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

. No one cares about who you sleep with, why must it be in the forefront of society?

here is the rub. its not
there are some gay characters on some tv shows.
thats it
you can watch or not watch as much gay stuff as you want.
it is in no way in the forefront of society.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's not Unnatural though because if you are talking strictly about one Sex act that not all Gay Men do, than you have to include the Straight people who also do that

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This statement alone proves you don't have any knowledge of what you are actually talking about

"Sexual Eccentricity" On Television? please explain more!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

It's not Unnatural though because if you are talking strictly about one Sex act that not all Gay Men do, than you have to include the Straight people who also do that

great point.
a huge number of straight people also perform this same act
so there is that

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I find it true that on the rare occasion when I am at a friend's house and they have a tv on that the gay shows act like you are being a slack jawed hillbilly if you don't accept gay and think it's fantastic, but then on the other side the non-gay shows don't seem manly enough.

I think your situation is that you want to have some quality guy time with your wife. I'm not talking sports - I'm talking like old time A-Team, Air Wolfe, MacGuiver, Night Rider, etc.

Of course you could have turned on the movie Beaches because it's really long, and then turned on your wife.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I get where you're coming from and don't think you're homophobic neither.

I am not homophobic but I see it. I was pretty stunned when I heard my 11 year old niece talk about homosexuality in a very matter of fact way - apparently they're taught about this at school.

It's not right, is it? A girl that age...sex shouldn't be part of education at such a young age, not to that depth and to that level. It's indoctrination.

I also read in the newspaper today how Elton John is getting all uppity about some book promoting homosexuality to children being banned. Yeah, and rightly so.

We don't feel the need to constantly draw reference to couples being straight so emphatically so what's the agenda here? I no longer watch television and haven't done for some years but before I quite watching it had definitely changed.

I didn't stop watching because I was worried about them pushing any agendas or any of that sort of stuff, I stopped watching because the quality of television in general was pretty poor and adverts drive me nuts. But it's still happening, undeniably. Whether or not you think it's good or bad is subjective and probably irrelevant - but in all honesty I think it's morally wrong to push any type of sexual agenda on children...or to anyone at all, really.

Let people be who they naturally are, everyone thinks they're celebrity nowadays with their crazy, colourful hair and whacky, trendy clothes. Everyone's hip and too cool for school and it's because of the crap they're subject to on tv...naturally, it influences impressionable people. I also see more open homosexuality among young people, part of me thinks it's more trendy than it is who they naturally are. I realise some people are gay and that it's more socially acceptable, U get that and it ain't a bad thing. But I still think there's a crowd that choose to be simply because they believe it's trendy...like it's a choice...is it? I believe this is what kids are being taught..

And ain't no people more impressionable than kids - bad form.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

i think there are the same amount of gay people as there have always been.
i think you see it more cause while homosexuality is still very far from being accepted by a lot of people(see this thread) in general i think they dont have as much reason to worry about getting beat down and dragged behind a truck like in the late 80's early 90's.

i remember when 'gay bashing' was all the rage. not verbally either. it was a 'thing' for a long time to actually hurt someone physically for being gay. of course it still happens but i dont think it is as prevalent.

in general society is a lot more tolerant but we as a people have a long way to go.

i dont think homosexuals have to keep it in the closet as much as they did back then(and earlier)
i mean marriage is legal for them in all 50 states(about god damned time)

also, teaching kids of whatever age about sexuality(homo and hetero) is not a bad thing IMO and that does not mean kids are being pushed one direction or the other.
it think it is down right stupid to think that.

edit
i still dont get why it is so lets call it off putting in the eyes of some.
gay people have been around as long as there have been people.

alexander the great conquered most of the known world and he laid with men.

i also remember in the 90's when gays in the military was a huge current event. the whole dont ask dont tell thing.
people were flipping out cause 'now gays are gonna be in the military'

were people so stupid to think that there were no gay people in uniform before 1994?

get with the times people.
time for acceptance
gay people are not going anywhere and they shouldnt.
all the people that are against it to whatever degree......you are in a losing battle. gay people will always be here.
accept it/them and move on to actual issues.

oh i cant wait for the day when an openly gay man or woman runs for president. i will probably never be around to see it but oh the horror shock and awe by the every day american will be fabulous to watch.
i love watching my fellow red blooded americans get all worked up about non issues. that would be the crown jewel of non issues right there. eve bigger than out current president and is middle name, skin tone, and 'vault copy' birth certificate combined.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Just a quick question, are you Ok with your 11 year old niece talking about Heterosexuality? Lets say they teach Sex Ed in school (whatever age they start that in) Are you Ok with them teaching it in a Heterosexual way?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

oh well of course that is fine.
it is normal. not taboo. parts fit. the bible says so. human reproduction.....blah blah blah

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

You don't think teaching kids about something influences them in any way?

Okay.

You're right, when I was a kid there were far less homosexuals on tv and we didn't get taught about sex at all until high school and even then it was pretty tame.

What's being taught now is borderline filth. I'm not a prudish person, was a bit of a lad in my prime but I never done no gay bashing. People can do what they like in privacy I just don't get the need to be so emphatic about it...like you said we've a long way to go - not sure the destination, exactly but not sure it's a ride I want to take.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Exactly - you hit the nail right on the head. Homosexualty has existed since forever, is that what this thread is about?

I don't think it is. I'm not attacking homosexuality or homosexuals, nor am I denying it exists. But I stand by my position that sex should not be pushed on to kids. To a child sex should only be discussed in the context of conception...pregnancy and child birth.

That's what it's for. I think there's most likely a good reason why sex, homosexual sex in particular - has been something of a taboo subject in civillised society...until like 40 or 50 years ago when apparently it became the be all and end all of everyone's life.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join