It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Not a Homophobe! But...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Like bestiality? You probably don't. Why not? What's wrong with it other than it's GROSS. Why is it gross? Because it's diametrically opposite to what is considered "normal". It's repulsive. But hey...it's only sex right? It's like that fly that landed on your food. Don't wanna eat it, but hey, it's just a little fly, can't possibly harm you if you swallow the food it's been sitting on. Once you get over the mental block...its still food. yum yum.

So I will tell you to get over the fact that food is still edible even if it is covered in flies. It won't harm you. In fact, I'll start putting fly soup on the menu. You don't have to eat it but the customer beside you is gulping back a nice warm bowl. It's actually got loads of protein and is quite good for you if the flies are washed and de-winged. So, suck it up, it's socially accepted now to eat fly soup.

How about them apples?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm not a... but...

Seriously, think about the number of "Straight" shows versus the number of actual "Gay" shows, and not shows that just have a "Gay Character"

i see, it's funny to make fun of Transgender people, or anyone in the GLBTQ+... it's just comedy right? i mean stop this """"PC"""" police nonsense and let me make fun of other Humans... it's just comedy don't be so serious... oh and all those Trans Woman who die daily, and all the Gay and Lesbian kids getting attacked and killed and disowned.. they don't mean anything because the world has more important issues right?

Just get the Gays off the TV and stop shoving it down my throat

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Listen. I'm not a homophobe in just hate homosexuals sexual orientation. Don't judge me. Only i can judge.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Like bestiality? You probably don't. Why not? What's wrong with it other than it's GROSS. Why is it gross? Because it's diametrically opposite to what is considered "normal". It's repulsive. But hey...it's only sex right?
How about them apples?

wow man.
another fantastic example. all i can say is no. it is not just sex
i dont like those apples. not at all.
i think they are dumb ass stupid apples used as a terrible example/comparison

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

No it isn't. It's a fantastic analogy. It goes like this, what's good for YOU doesn't mean it's good for everyone. This gayness on tv is just another stupid bandwagon for ratings because the topic is in the forefront of the news everyday.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Are you comparing Bestiality and Homosexuality? someone can't be that ignorant.. please tell me you are not that ignorant

(post by Solnovlun removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The wife says to me "I never realized you were so homophobic before!"

You should have listened... Seriously.

... force you to accept homosexuality as a representative (i.e. mainstream) cross section of society.

Sorry. Homosexuality IS representative of mainstream society. There are probably a lot more LGBT people than we are aware of.

Do I agree with it? No

I don't understand when people say they don't "agree" with homosexuality... There's nothing to agree or disagree with. It exists. I believe you mean you disapprove of it. And you're right. That's irrelevant. Live goes on with or without your approval.

Frankly, (and this is a statement of fact as much as opinion)....mankind would NOT even exist without heterosexual relationships.

Wow! I can't believe how many times I see that from people who claim not to be homophobic. That is NOT opinion. That's fact. A fact we are ALL aware of. I never understand the point people are trying to make when they say that.

Have you EVER complained about too many heterosexual characters on TV? Have you ever said something about how they're forcing dog ownership down your throat, because of all the dogs on TV? Have you ever felt like there was tremendous pressure to have kids because of all the kids on TV?

Yeah, you should really think about what your wife said.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Solnovlun

isn't that how humanity works?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Are you comparing Bestiality and Homosexuality? someone can't be that ignorant.. please tell me you are not that ignorant

aaaw come on prime.
dont you know
homosexuals......bestiality...violent murder.......bug infested food
its all the same thing

hahahahahah

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solnovlun
I can't speak for him, but I'm not gay. Therefore gays shouldn't exist.

You know, I know you said this partially in jest, but that's the way things are moving! People have COMPLETELY forgotten what freedom is! They think everyone should be like them!

I have religion, so everyone should have religion. If they don't, they're bad.
I don't like abortion, so no one should have an abortion. It's wrong.
I am a conservative, so everyone should be a conservative. If they're not, they're stupid.
I'm not gay, so no one should be gay. They're so... GAY!

And these are the same people who bleat on and on about personal responsibility and freedom!!! It's mind-boggling!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I don't understand when people say they don't "agree" with homosexuality... There's nothing to agree or disagree with. It exists. I believe you mean you disapprove of it. And you're right. That's irrelevant. Live goes on with or without your approval.

fantastic portion of your post.
i wanted to say something similar i just couldnt figure how i wanted to word it.

we see so many posts with the whole "i dont agree with it" crap
im with you. nothing to agree or not agree with. it just is.
so sad that thoughts like the OP and many others are so prevalent in 2015.
OP got a gang of stars for his little homophobic rant.

oh i forgot. he is not a homophobe. he said he wasnt. he knows gay people after all
some of the posts range from funny to ignorant to just plain stupid

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I'm comparing homosexuality to anything which is considered taboo. Perhaps bestiality was bit strong but my point is this. It goes against what is natural and therefore creates a repulsion for it. It's a relative thing

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

aaaw come on prime.
dont you know
homosexuals......bestiality...violent murder.......bug infested food
its all the same thing

hahahahahah

You're not getting it all. You're not even trying to get it. Here, let me use a straight up point. If every single minority group managed to get their sexual eccentricity on tv, how would you feel?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here is the truth about television and gays: Television producers follow the money....it is about advertising. I have not checked on this lately but when I was getting my MBA there was market research that showed gays have higher disposable income than heterosexual people so therefore advertisers started aiming at the gay population. You see it all the time in the clothing industry. It stands to reason that television content is moving in that direction.

On the subject of "homophobia" (God I hate that word)....it is a neat little box people are put in if they disagree with having the gay lifestyle put in their faces every day. I know plenty of gays and I get along with them just fine. It has nothing to do with their sex life. TV, on the other hand, tends to include the sexual aspect of the gay lifestyle in every single gay character. it is not something I am entertained by so generally I fast forward through it (since I DVR nearly everything I watch) or I turn it off. My point is it is possible to not want sexual references in my living room (gay or straight frankly) on tv but not be "afraid of homosexuals". I have no phobias about gays, I just don't care to watch them making out. Nor do I care to watch straight people making out on the screen.

Gay Pride parades in my opinion do more harm to the gay movement than good. People who show up dressed in some flamboyant outfit or barely dressed with collars and leather underwear on are not something I want to see. It makes it look like the gay lifestyle is freaky and kinky. I do not care that they act that way in their living rooms just as I don't want to see heterosexuals making out on main street but I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own homes.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Solnovlun

whoa! I'm supposed to be the controversial devil's advocate on ATS but you can have the floor. I don't share your opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
If every single minority group managed to get their sexual eccentricity on tv, how would you feel?

So, only the majority group (heterosexuals) should have their sexual eccentricity highlighted on TV?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join