It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Not a Homophobe! But...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Well said. I agree with this and agree with the methodology you describe. And this is really the crux of the issue I was attempting to illuminate with my OP. It's pretty clear this is NOT the methodology used for selecting cast members and themes. In fact, it is exactly the opposite; there is a specific and overt message being sent. The selections are very conscious and willful. And when I say this mentality is being 'forced' on viewers, it is this specific (i.e. not random set) selection process which accomplishes their goal.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

People actually think that way, sorry if i misconstrued your intentions, i always have to be on the defense around here

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The World is SCREWED AND INSANE and i feel just fine. Oh sky Gods let it end! Now!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Every hear the expression "Decency is the boundary for tolerance".

So who gets to set that standard, "you", "me"; how about the government perhaps they know best ?
The problem is the standard of decency keeps moving it's not set, thus the boundary for tolerance is on the move too.

And people enjoy it until it passes them by and moves beyond them.

There is no problem at all. Neither the government nor a random goon on the internet should decide what is decent.

It is enough that every person does it herself.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Every hear the expression "Decency is the boundary for tolerance".

So who gets to set that standard, "you", "me"; how about the government perhaps they know best ?
The problem is the standard of decency keeps moving it's not set, thus the boundary for tolerance is on the move too.

And people enjoy it until it passes them by and moves beyond them.

There is no problem at all. Neither the government nor a random goon on the internet should decide what is decent.

It is enough that every person does it herself.

So your ok with people in ISIS setting the standards for decency for themselves and people around them ?
That's a hyperbole, to get you to think, not every person knows what is actually decent.
Western culture with it's easy going liberty seems to think it knows, Islamic culture with it's strict rules thinks it's right too. And they are both wrong.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join