It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the bible, Jacob deceive Isaac and steal Esau’s birthright - was Esau a missing link??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No. Esau was just a hairy guy.

You're looking in the wrong place, the only hint we have of hominids - maybe - is in Jonah.

"But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands."
Jonah 3:8

beasts that cry, and have hands?

btw. Of the books the oldest is Job.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX
Just a simple question I've had for a long time. Jacob had to wear fur in order to fool Isaac because Esau was extremely hairy.
So how hairy was Esau -- say hairy enough to be perhaps he might have been the missing link between primate and man?

I'm not saying he was or wasn't the missing link, I just thought that if was THAT hairy there is something strange going on. And that maybe this would be a fun topic for evolutionists to think about.

Thoughts.

erm... the bibles totally made up, so anything said is fiction!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Oh I agree, believe me. But for those whom do view the bible as absolute fact - it's amazing no one has ever used this an an argument point about evolution to them.
There are many in the US bible belt that would have a hard time arguing back.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: MarsIsRed

Oh I agree, believe me. But for those whom do view the bible as absolute fact - it's amazing no one has ever used this an an argument point about evolution to them.
There are many in the US bible belt that would have a hard time arguing back.

Evolution requires multiple generations to work, each successive genetic change building upon the foundation of the previous ones and formed against the pressures of survival.

Jacob and Esau were brothers.

The differences between the siblings could not be used as an argument for evolution (which may explain why no one would ever try to use it as such).

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hmmmmm, as if Esau exhibited the recessive genes? No one said how hairy anyone else was.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

GO GO HN! YOu the king of the WorlD!!!

Dont forget the aristocratic Nose!

edit on 21-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Hmmmmm, as if Esau exhibited the recessive genes? No one said how hairy anyone else was.

Both brothers would have carried the gene if it was recessive. It would just be expressed in one and not the other.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Just a simple question I've had for a long time. Jacob had to wear fur in order to fool Isaac because Esau was extremely hairy.
So how hairy was Esau -- say hairy enough to be perhaps he might have been the missing link between primate and man?

I'm not saying he was or wasn't the missing link, I just thought that if was THAT hairy there is something strange going on. And that maybe this would be a fun topic for evolutionists to think about.

Thoughts.

I debated if I should even put this out but here it goes. One interpretation I have seen while looking over conspiracy theories is that it wasn't Jacob who did this to steal the birth right but his mother rebekah set it up. Some real bloodline stuff going on which was the theory I was reading about. The short of it comes down to the two competing bloodlines. The adamite/Seth/God bloodline vs the Cain/kenite/Satan blood line. As what I read goes the this birth right was the ability to have the messiah (jesus) born through lineage. Esau apparently married a Hittite woman and they were of the kenite blood line meaning there was no way for the messiah to be born into that lineage. I guess at the time of this Isaac was old and out of it and God worked through rebekah to ensure this birthright passed to Jacob because that was the lineage the messiah would have to be born to. ( uncontaminated blood line, ie not Cain/kenite/satan). She dressed him up in lamb skin and sent him to Isaac with a meal of where goat was switched for sheep meat like Esau would do. Forget the meal details. But I guess it worked. I have seen other writings Esau sold it for red pottage.

Not here to argue bible and to be honest, not going to. I apologize if any details are off. Just a little different take.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join