It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Tried to Warn of Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I wanted to post this link to an article that showed the efforts that the geophysicists in Honolulu went to in order to try to get a warning out about the tsunami that was coming. There have been recent discussions on this site on whether scientists would tell the world of an impending disaster or not, and I just wanted to show that this is typical of what most scientists would do to try to warn the public:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Once again, the latest in a long string of insults. The thinkers provide a sensible warning, and the paper pushers cave to special interests and get people killed.

It's so sad because it's so predictable. I wish, just once, bureaucracy would act in a selfless, human, responsible fashion. The people who were responsible for warning their countrymen, and who could have saved thousands of lives, probably feel pretty bad about this whole thing right about now. However, I have to consider the possibility that any warning would have been ignored. We'll never know in any case, because the ball got dropped.

What's the point of having early warning systems if you don't use the inteligence they provide? This situation is tangled and, to say the least, unfortunate. I'm surprised more attention isn't being focused on the failure to issue a warning.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Actually, there has been a lot of attention on the lack of warning. Here are some links:

web.mid-day.com...

www.nature.com...

newpaper.asia1.com.sg...

www.dawn.com...

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041229/ap_on_sc/quake_earth_warning

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1104291022214

The sad thing is, scientists warned that this would happen. If only people would heed the warnings BEFORE a disaster happens for once.....

[edit on 30-12-2004 by magickalworld]

new topics

join