It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It only happens to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's possible you have a ghost. Who knows who it could be.
I always find it best to speak to them when I detect their presence.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Go get a medical checkup. Someone may be worried about you and trying to tell you something...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure what's going on, it's possible that it could just be coincidental, or maybe it is something else. I don't know. It has just started to freak me out that I'm the only one experiencing it!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Go get a medical checkup. Someone may be worried about you and trying to tell you something...

I am curious why you would say that? I do have a doctors appointment coming up for some symptoms that have started to reappear,it's next month.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

experience

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

more information please...

how long have you lived in your home?

are you the original owner?

If there was a previous owner,do you know the history?

Do you have guilty conscience about something recent?

what conditions do you suffer from if any?

Do you have any sleep issues?

have you ever experienced a strange electro static charge while somewhere between being awake and asleep then felt awake but been unable to move?

if so have you ever witnessed showdowlike figures In this state?

Have you ever experienced Astra projection?

edit on 17-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight
Oh wow, thanks for the advice!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
I have lived here for a little over year, my husband has lived here for three years. And he owned the home before we met. He is not the original owner. This home is a 1950s home. I don't really know anything about the history of the house. I wouldn't say I feel guilty about anything Per se,I tend to be a pretty high strung individual so of course I do a lot of over analyzing and I do tend to feel guilty often, but not anything in particular, just more so that I'm not living up to my own standards.
I have an auto immune disease, but that's all medically that has been diagnosed. I'm going back to the doctor because a few years ago they thought I had multiple sclerosis and then the symptoms disappeared and now they're slowly coming back, but not as severe in strength . I do have issues sleeping, because my mind is so active at night, it takes me forever to fall asleep. Most nights I get up a couple of times as well. I have not experienced what you're talking about, I have experienced sleep paralysis a few times but that is all.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

1,2 Billion Muslims wosrhip a stone

Really?

2 Billion Christians worship a cross,

Really?

500 million buddhists worship a philosophy.

Really?

Your world is an illusion, only thing you really know how to do is buy food at the supermarket, does that make you smart?
A domesticated primate is all i see?
You believe you are intelligent, i see a disrespectful primate, who learned how to buy a hot pocket.

And here the 4 and half billion you mentioned could see your interpretation of what they worship as being disrespectful based on your ignorance

respect comes from knowledge, knowing about the things you talk about,

disrespect comes from speaking out of ignorance.

Christians and Muslims worship God, Buddhists live by a philosophy.

None of them worship concepts, stones or crosses by definition, some individuals might but all three as defined certainly do not.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So please give me a definition of what you worship, and ill try to explain the definition of theology and history. Respect and knowledge has nothing to do with each other, respect is when i dont judge another mans beliefs, the Indians worship the nature, the inuits worship all nature, the Scandinavians are secular, do i lack my respect when the go and vote? You have "faith" and "believe". All of them worship concepts, almost everyone does, you worship a philosophy based on ideals, the symbolism is just there for a common man to grasp.

The lack of respect for another mans belief is based on ignorance not knowledge. Understanding another mans beliefs makes him understandable to ones ideals.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappy85
I'm not exactly sure what's going on, it's possible that it could just be coincidental, or maybe it is something else. I don't know. It has just started to freak me out that I'm the only one experiencing it!

All I can say is keep on experiencing it, eventually an answer that makes sense to you personally will arise, it might not explain everything but parts of your experience and other answers might explain other things.

Or you could hit the jackpot and find an answer that covers all the strange things you are experiencing.

However I cant suggest anything as what you do day to day, thoughts you think, moments you experience all could play a part if there is something super natural going on, and only can find a answer if it is something like that.

Just reading about your previous condition and your issues sleeping,

I believe what we focus on can trigger certain things in our lives, can make mundane things seem strange, can play with our minds all due to what we focus on.

There is a saying that you can be your worst enemy, I know because I was mine for too long, still am at time to time.

You have kids and family life, however if you find time try new things, things that might make you focus on ideas or things you haven't before, it might stop what you are experiencing or it might give a different perspective to find an answer to your experiences.

There is no easy answer to life or experiences when we try find one answer to answer every or multiple questions.

Good luck, I am sure you eventually find an understanding that will suffice.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So please give me a definition of what you worship

Do I worship something or nothing?

Respect and knowledge has nothing to do with each other

It certainly does when you want talk about other people other than yourself,

If you are ignorant of others then you might say something that could be seen as disrespectful,

Like saying Muslims worship a stone, Christians worship a cross, calling someone a primate, etc

the symbolism is just there for a common man to grasp.

or place people in groups when some might not belong due their own personal beliefs.

example

the Scandinavians are secular

maybe a majority might be, but saying this above is ignorant of the individual who is not, same goes for Indians, Inuits and what ever other group people are around.

What I found most laughable about the post I reply to was how you said what the other poster said was disrespectful yet you were just as or if not more so disrespectful because you took disrespect in what you read.

Yes you might think another poster is a primate, but don't try and call someones disrespect-fullness by setting the same example.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

If you dont have the knowledge to have a scientific discussion about religion and how it works. Modern day religion is about 700 years old. Gods die, they always do, always will. I serve God, so do the majority of this world, but know the definition of God and religion.

Your ideals are based on religion. What you think or believe doesnt matter, cause its there for a purpose.

Or do you want me to treat everyone like a kid ?

Your welcome thats disrespect if you dont know who your master is. If you dont know, go to the local church.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

My husband and I have had some fun experiences in our 1950s home too. We do know the history on our home though. The husband built this home from the ground up for his wife, but he had a heart attack before completing the basement as planned. She did live out her whole life here until passing on in her sleep.

When I moved in with my husband, I encouraged him to make space in the basement for a man cave/bar. It was packed to the ceiling with old furniture and oddities and used as storage before then. Most strange noises and lights turning on and off could be explained by electrical issues or old pipes. We even explained his surround sound system self adjusting volume was possibly just a quirk in the system. My daughter swears she had seen a glimpse of a man peering at her. We put this off as a dream. The only thing that has never been explained was how a toy remote car flew off the bar counter against an opposite wall with enough force to break it to bits. No one seen it happen, we were upstairs with friends and the sound drew us down to find it. It did not have a battery inserted.

Basically, my point of sharing is that most things will have a completely logical explanation especially in older homes. The unexplained can be frustrating or exciting, depending on your perspective. Honestly though one can really chain together many coincidences to create an illusion that does not create realty. I would say that your conscious self may be linking these separate incidences together in an attempt to respond to a subconscious unanswered need. Only you can determine what that is. Personally, there doesn't seem to be much ghostly activity in the last couple of years since my personal homelife had a dramatic change consciously. My focus had evolved on other things.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be fair, Cappy is open to the fact that there might be an answer to her experiences beyond the paranormal.

Just because you have a closed mind on the paranormal, it doesn't mean others should do to, or not be able to discuss such issues with personal accounts without being sneered at.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Who knows? I know that the overwhelming majority of spooky happenings aren't 'spooky' at all and have a normal explanation. I also believe there's a small number of experiences that we haven't explained yet. Maybe your experiences are the explainable ones or perhaps they're the weird ones that you'll never be sure about?

If you have the time, this episode of Radiolab relates directly to any of us who have strange experiences: Radiolab - Haunted. A guy loses both his parents and moves back into their home. Strangeness ensues! The end is important and put a fat smile on my face last year.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Your ideals are based on religion

Yes, that's true, however its based on my interpretation of any religion I try to understand, not anyone else's.

But everyone else s interpretation plus their actions helps me find mine

What you think or believe doesnt matter, cause its there for a purpose.

well if there is a purpose then what one believes or thinks certainly does matter, other wise there wouldn't be any purpose.

Or do you want me to treat everyone like a kid ?

I don't want anything from you, how you treat others is your own choice.

Your welcome thats disrespect if you dont know who your master is. If you dont know, go to the local church.

This above and this below

I serve God, so do the majority of this world, but know the definition of God and religion.

makes very little sense to me.

I don't need to go church to get any answers unless I want to get a better understanding of Church going folks, their reasons for doing what they do.

Service to God is to serve and love oneself in my opinion so that you can serve and love others.

Without being able to do things for yourself and love yourself, doing things for others and loving others will eventually cause more harm than prosperity.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
Wow and you are right but when it happens you start to think you are going crazy. I'm not scared, I just laugh but you could be right that it's very much me wanting to feel like my dad is around.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

me wanting to feel like my dad is around

Aaaw, have no worries, your Dad never went anywhere, he shed his bonds and he's still with you now. I told my Daughters that I will always be no more than a dream away...Tell him that he has permission to meet you in your dreams.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Op,
There are things in this world which can and can't be validated. People can be asses simply because. A: They haven't experience what you have.
B: They desire proof, which in most case things something catch you off guard or you're never present the opportunity, to show what has happen to you.
Take it from me, I've lost my Mom and Dad on my Twenty-First Birthday. I often feel their presence and such... Keep your head up, and try expressing to the aforementioned spirit of your father, that it's not okay for him to linger on, if it becomes to much.
Cheers..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join