It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It only happens to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have had some weird things happen recently but these things only appear to be happening to me,not my husband or children. Three separate times while laying on the couch reading, the light has just turned on (one of those times it turned off). Everyone says it an electrical glitch but it's interesting that would seriously be great timing that it only happens when I am here. I also unlocked my car from inside to go out it and get something. Now, I am aware that cars have capabilities to lock after a certain amount of time, but I didn't take any longer than normal. I go outside(my husband had left to go the pharmacy) and the door locks. I come back in to unlock it and see that my daughters are on their bunk beds watching a movie (they are 6). Another time I was in bed and I felt something touch my foot. I thought it was my husband playing footsie until I realized that he was turned over and his feet were curled in. Everyone keeps telling me it's my dad (he died 20 years ago) but why would that start now? I moved to California from the Midwest and this is when it all started happening. Perhaps there is a scientific explanation but man my timing must be terrible or I am crazy! I'm not scared anymore,I just laugh. Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

No, i would say you miss your Dad, when was the last time you visited his grave?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

He is buried back home,so it has been over a year since I have visited him,which has been really hard because I miss him so much.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's California. Get out while you still can! And hurry!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Make a visit, i think you need it. I would do you good if you talk to him there.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You know what i hate about threads like this.

The OP does not really want our thoughts and opinions on anything rather is just seeking validation to the fantasy that she is being haunted by some spirit. The most obvious answer to this for any rational person is that you have a electrical fault you are over thinking or that you might benefit from speaking to a mental health professional. However on ATS that just will not do and its not what your looking for because like I said you are just looking to have your delusion/fantasy/ whatever you want to call it reinforced by people telling to to try speaking to a medium or to shear their own haunting fantasies with you or giving you some other wacky paranormal answer.

There are loads of threads on ATS with this same theme of validation, people talking about their encounters of the fourth kind, telling us about their predictive dreams or in this case that you are being haunted.

They are all the same and in my view they have no place on ATS and would be better posted on a paranormal site. Which is another problem i am having sometimes I think that our core interest in the hidden truth is overlapping too much with the paranormal and pseudo-science.

Sorry for my little rant but you ask for my thoughts and those are my thoughts on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Actually, It's very possible that I'm overthinking everything, it would not be the first time that I have over analyzed something. It is the Gray area and I wanted to share my experience so that's what I did. Thank you for your input. Good day.
edit on 16-8-2015 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You're probably right,I'm just missing him so much.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

A tip you arent as smart as you believe. If a person misses another person, simple answer is, visit the person. Not rant like a 5 year old spoiled rat

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Never,I love it here!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's fun to think what if
and it is strange nonetheless.
edit on 16-8-2015 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

A tip you arent as smart as you believe. If a person misses another person, simple answer is, visit the person. Not rant like a 5 year old spoiled rat

No i am much much smarter

case in point.

If the person is dead then paying them a visit is not really going to stop one from missing that person, unless you actually believe visiting a rock with some bones buried under it is actually "being" with that person.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If it starts getting out of hand....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's really weird.
I've read some of these haunted house books that are supposedly real life accounts. One thing that I noticed is a familiar pattern in most of the stories. One person is singled out and the others don't have a clue that anything is wrong. That is, until they witness something too. That eventually happens, I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You think logical assessment on life makes your output the only one? 1,2 Billion Muslims wosrhip a stone, 2 Billion Christians worship a cross, 500 million buddhists worship a philosophy.
Its the comforts in life, where you find your energy, you have numerous quotes about Rocks.
Your world is an illusion, only thing you really know how to do is buy food at the supermarket, does that make you smart?
A domesticated primate is all i see?
You believe you are intelligent, i see a disrespectful primate, who learned how to buy a hot pocket.
edit on 16-8-2015 by yulka because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but in my estimation, no Christians worship the cross. They worship Jesus, unless of course they happen to be doing things utterly, and I mean totally bloody wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

sry, forgot my philosophical diplomacy skills in symbolics, its Jesus, NOT THE CROSS!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

A domesticated primate is all i see?

And you are also not just a ape with a computer?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I am, its primate actually. You say ape to kids so they have a reference.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's just a ghost. Nothing to worry about.
Look at the statistics. How many people are injured or killed by ghosts annually, versus how many people are injured or killed by living people annually.
Based on the numbers, ghosts aren't really much to worry about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join