It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: CIA Wants a Few Good Doctors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The CIA is advertising in medical journals looking to hire a few doctors for the global war on terrorism. The adds talk about analyzing the health of terrorist and foreign leaders. However, potential applicants must be able to pass a polygraph as well other security exams.

www.foxnews.com
WASHINGTON � Wanted: Good doctors to analyze the health of terrorists and foreign leaders. Must pass polygraph and other "security procedures."

To apply, call the CIA.

That's the classified ad running in the current issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, right between an ad calling for an internist in Chicago and another promising "exciting opportunities in geriatric primary care."

"As an intelligence officer working with a team of physicians, psychiatrists and psychologists, you will assess the physical health of foreign leaders and terrorists, and study global health issues," the ad reads.

"Your consultation with all levels of government will help to provide accurate, informed and balanced analysis, ensuring a healthy America."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its not as shocking as it sounds. The CIA like any other major bureaucracy requires a lot of different types of professions for its day to day operations. No doubt the doctors would be required to monitor patients undergoing questioning and make sure that no permanent harm comes to them.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Many people are surprised to learn that the degree most sought after by the FBI is accounting. If you can follow the money, you can most likely make your case.

[edit on 04/12/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Many people are surprised to learn that the degree most sought after by the FBI is accounting.

Yeah, not everybody gets to be James Bond
People hear CIA and picture you in some car in a third world country with Binoculars scouting some drug lord, when the rality is you will sit behind a desk at Langley and push paper.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What is the world coming to! The CIA needs doctors in our war on terror to ensure that those we catch are in good health and can stand up to the rigors of our toture. I'm surprised that the govt. hasn't put out the call sooner. Could it be that the CIA is on a new mission needing the expertise of doctors who specialize in developing new meds. that could quickly kill and not leave a trace? That reminds me of the Ukraine leader who got a huge dose of Dioxin. It didn't kill him on the spot, but it sure made him sick as hell and messed up his face pretty bad. What about Arafat? It has been widely speculated that he was given a big dose of something that took him right on out of here. Whats up with his doctors?. They won't release his med. records. It's hard to tell about the CIA but rest assured, the bottom of their bag of dirty tricks seems endless.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There are many reasons the CIA would be looking for doctors. Many may be surprised to learn that back in the day, archeologists made some of the best spies! Think about it, you have a seemingly valid reason to be in country, you interact with the rulers, by employing countrymen you have a pool of prospective agents, etc. A Doctor has pretty much the same kind of mobility and justification.

Yeah, not everybody gets to be James Bond People hear CIA and picture you in some car in a third world country with Binoculars scouting some drug lord, when the rality is you will sit behind a desk at Langley and push paper.

Quite true. There was a time when this was a career aspiration of my own. I had even gone so far as to having contacted the local recruiter (not the easiest people to find...I found her through a local professor who taught espionage-related courses), and joined a student trainee program. Using James Bond as a reference, you'd really be more similar to Felix (his CIA contact) than Bond.

Seeing as how the following has been published in some sources, I can see no violation of Secrecy here, but actual "spies" are not CIA. The whole idea is to get in country, and then recruit locals to be "spies". The "Case Officer" is really more of a money man and spymaster, coordinating the intel from his own operatives, and then reporting back to Langley. He isn't crawling through air ducts and capping people with silenced Walther PPK's, though he may have a gadget or two...

It's a long road though. My original aspiration was to become a Case Officer. I'd have to be in the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service) for a few years, then work my way up to field work, and perhaps eventually end up in an Embassy as a Case Officer. It's easier if you come from a background in military intelligence, or have degrees (like Doctors), that can assist in providing a needed cover. The more I learned about it all though, the more I eventually decided it wasn't for me. Family and friends are too important to me, and too much a part of my life. This career choice is mostly for the loner (which I was at the time), but eventually I learned where my priorities were. Of course, I would have made a lot more money, hehe......

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Funny Gazrok, I also looked to Langley in collage as well. In fact I started taking Russian to perhaps become an analyist (I had no illusions about being Bond). But decided to persue other interests when after 12 units of Russian, i had barely scratched the surface

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Funny Gazrok, I also looked to Langley in collage as well. In fact I started taking Russian to perhaps become an analyist (I had no illusions about being Bond). But decided to persue other interests when after 12 units of Russian, i had barely scratched the surface

Me too, and still... Ya nyet znyu! (I know nothing)

Tvi gavoreet po Rooskie comrade?
My biggest problem was that my Russian class was about 99% Ukranians, all taking it as a refresher (even though it was a beginner class). In fact the only Americans in the class were the three of us in the program. Talk about a difficult language...yikes! Our teacher was even a former CIA language instructor (though to my knowledge, she wasn't aware of us being in the program, it was a tidbit that came out eventually). Had she been aware, she might not have rushed through things due to the class' existing competence in the language.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
phazhalosta. manya zavot Fred ah vas?

Okay thats about all I remember
Actually the Monterey School for languages (Its run by the army I think) is only about 90 minutes from my house. However the focus there is now on Arabic for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Arabic huh? Inta Moffymook!!! (sorry, all I remember are insults mostly, hehe...that means "you have no brains"..for some reason, this is actually a pretty grave insult there) I lived in Saudi for a couple years, but didn't pick up much...as most I interacted with spoke some English...

My favorite phrase was probably "Inta mayta muss yahoodi zub!" (means your mother sucks a certain Jewish part of male anatomy) Man, that really ticks them off...

About the only other things I remember are simple things like hello (Marahabba) or goodbye (Mossalama). The funny thing is, in school, we were taught French!
(of which I can remember only tourist crap, like "Je vais a la plage!" (I'm going to the beach) )
My brother (who was in Kindergarten) though, was learning Arabic...go figure. (of course, he remembers nothing of it)

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its funny, I can swear like a sailor in Russian, Farsi, French, German, Spanish, but ask me to get directions or something
Why is it that the swear words are the first to be learned? Or the the local equivilent of "Cheers"

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There has been a hugh shortage of good people for some time now. Glad some got it together.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
What is the world coming to! The CIA needs doctors in our war on terror to ensure that those we catch are in good health and can stand up to the rigors of our toture.

Unbeleivable. The CIA and government is recruiting doctors to attend to the people that are captured and make sure that they are and stay healthy, and you are harping that they're using these people to more effectively torture them.
Why would anyone who responded to this add participate in torture? If they want torturers, they don't need to put out an add.

Could it be that the CIA is on a new mission needing the expertise of doctors who specialize in developing new meds. that could quickly kill and not leave a trace? [/quote[]
Lets be serious for a minute, the people that read the AMA journal aren't developing new assasination drugs. They're mostly doctors, not pharmacists and drug chemists. THe CIA doesn't need to accept applications to develop new weapons.

That reminds me of the Ukraine leader who got a huge dose of Dioxin. It didn't kill him on the spot, but it sure made him sick as hell and messed up his face pretty bad.

It was an assasination attempt that didn't work, it was probably ingested with food or drink, and the onyl thing that he didn't have his food taster eat or his staff handle was somethign he had at a meeting with the members of the 'old guard' over there, the people the kremlin backs. It wasn't the US or the CIA.

What about Arafat? It has been widely speculated

Speculation is absolutely meaningless. Might as well claim that bin ladin killed Regan. Arafat was an old old man living in extremely poor conditions in a country that doesn't have any real medical care. Is it any surprise that he died? Whats the life expectancy of the average palestinian anyway eh? Arafat was what, in his 70s?

top topics

join