It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Hottest Thing You've Ever Eaten? : The Worlds Hottest Extract.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That's insane.

I like my food with a little spice. But nothing that hot.

www.thinkgeek.com...

I bought these for my mother in law who loves spicy. And she said this was pretty hot.
edit on 17-8-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have over 30+ hot sauces...about 15 more at my desk at work. People collect them for me when they travel.

I don't like extract sauces, they have a bitter taste to them. CaJohns 10 is a non-extract hot sauce that I found tasty and quite hot. I've got a few signed sauces too.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

What an interesting article. I used to have lunch several times a week in California Tortilla, a DC centered chain for burritos. They have a "Wall of Flame" with ~100 bottles of different hot sauces to sample. The hottest I found there was Dave's Hot Sauce. I could only tolerate drops of it. But that got trumped. I was in a restaurant in Homestead, FL, called Puerto Vallarta with a couple of my sons and wife, and the chef/owner came out at the end of the meal with a little stryrofoam cup with some clear liquid and onion slices in it. I tried a spoon and nearly died. I drank everything at the table belonging to everyone and then demanded more. The owner wouldn't say what was in it.

By the way, isn't all hot pepper sauce capsicum-based, i.e., there are no other chemicals in peppers that cause the heat?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well there was this hot little betty I met once.

Oh yeah not that kind of hot. Hee hee hee

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You havnt had hottest stuff till you eat south indian cuisine.

Mexican spicy is like juice to them.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Indian and Thai food are spicy

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: StanFL
By the way, isn't all hot pepper sauce capsicum-based, i.e., there are no other chemicals in peppers that cause the heat?

Capsicum is the genus most pepper plants belong too. The actual chemical that causes the heat is Capsaicin which is basically the plants defense against natural predators and why the seeds off all pepper plants are where most of the heat is at.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I note that different sauces cause different types of mouth sensations. I have had peppers where the burn is in the back of the throat, others where it is on the lips, others on the palate. And the duration is different, and so is the burn's resistance to being washed out. I also think there is a sharpness variable too, as some sauces give a sharp feeling in the mouth (I don't know a better word to use) and other ones are more dull, but still hot. I have no idea what would cause such a wide variation in the experience of capsaicin.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: StanFL

I wondered about that for a while myself, but I figured it out after some research...

There's 6 different types of natural capsaicinoids; Dihydrocapsaicin, Nordihydrocapsaicin, Homodihydrocapsaicin, Homocapsaicin, Nonivamide and Capsaicin itself, all have slightly different chemical structures and ranges of heat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join