It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Question: Die Slowly or Quickly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
1. Die slowly

You have the time to forgive, forget, remember, relive, rejoice, regret, apologize, speak your mind...But of course most likely the time spent to die will be in pain or at the very least under so many drugs that you won't get to understand or experience the end as it truly is...The next step. This is the payment for a slow death.

2. Quickly

In a blaze of glory.

Could be a quick accident, gun shot, explosion...whatever, no pain, no chance of a single last word. Also remember it could be quick but painful as well. Drowning, fire, a stab wound which allows for a few minutes of reflection....so many ways.

Not meant to be a grotesque question but one that involves each and every soul on this planet and perhaps beyond our planet. Life.

It's something that will come for us eventually so why not share our thoughts on it?

Your choice.

Mine?

Under a tree by a stream in the mountains with a good book, good wine and a good conversation with my love. Long enough to say "I Love You" but not so long as she sees me in pain.

If quickly? Martians kill me after I set foot on their red planet.

That or a bullet to the head while standing for something right.

The ultimate question is one half of what/who we are. We live and we die yet we know nothing of the latter because we can't record it.

Jude

edit on 16-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Die Slowly but not in agony.

Slowly and Pain Free works for me

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I want to be shot sneeking out of a bedroom window by a jealous husband at age 83.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
1. Die slowly

You have the time to forgive, forget, remember, relive, rejoice, regret, apologize, speak your mind...But of course most likely the time spent to die will be in pain or at the very least under so many drugs that you won't get to understand or experience the end as it truly is...The next step. This is the payment for a slow death.

2. Quickly

In a blaze of glory.

Could be a quick accident, gun shot, explosion...whatever, no pain, no chance of a single last word. Also remember it could be quick but painful as well. Drowning, fire, a stab wound which allows for a few minutes of reflection....so many ways.

Not meant to be a grotesque question but one that involves each and every soul on this planet and perhaps beyond our planet. Life.

It's something that will come for us eventually so why not share our thoughts on it?

Your choice.

Mine?

Under a tree by a stream in the mountains with a good book, good wine and a good conversation with my love. Long enough to say "I Love You" but not so long as she sees me in pain.

Jude

slowly, i have a son, and id want to explain to him that i wont be around anymore, and to tell him i love him, it also gives me the chance to get my affairs in order, and say goodbye to my loved ones....but i wouldnt want them to see me suffer either its a tough one for sure...but yeah slowly

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I want to be shot sneeking out of a bedroom window by a jealous husband at age 83.

hmmmm...That depends. Is the husband 83? Is his wife the same age?

hmmm

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: jude11
1. Die slowly

2. Quickly

In a blaze of glory.

Your choice.

Mine?

Jude

slowly, i have a son, and id want to explain to him that i wont be around anymore, and to tell him i love him, it also gives me the chance to get my affairs in order, and say goodbye to my loved ones....but i wouldnt want them to see me suffer either its a tough one for sure...but yeah slowly

Yup, tough one indeed.

One that we all ponder but so few get to choose.

I only hope that those who want a certain way for the right reasons get their wish. What else do we have left?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Die Slowly but not in agony.

Slowly and Pain Free works for me

Me as well.

Jude

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would like to go quick, but that could be considered selfish, I guess.

Best of luck to olaru12 you might find it a struggle to even get up those stairs in the first place, at 83.
edit on 16/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well....as I see it, I am, and WE all are already dying slowly so I don't think we actually get a choice. I suppose when the end time is upon me I would choose to go quickly rather than suffer more than I already have, some accident or just not wake up one day.

This is why it is important to forgive and forget today, live for tomorrow now, rejoice everyday we wake up and learn to give now rather than later as the later may sneak up on us.

edit on 8/16/2015 by DJMSN because: addition

edit on 8/16/2015 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I will simple transform into a being of light. It takes time. It's been over half a century now and I still await the total change.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've often thought about what it would be like to die of a narcotic's overdose (I've never tried narcotic's), mainly MDMA.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Quickly... but slowly.
Time to do and say what must/needs to be said.
Time to get my affairs in order.
Time to hold my loved one close on last time.
Then... Lights out.

PS. Some say they do not want to know the time and day it all stops.
I would look at that as a true blessing... regardless of the pain.
edit on 16-8-2015 by DogMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

forgive, forget, remember, relive, rejoice, regret, apologize, speak your mind...

People should do this before the fear of death kicks in.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

forgive, forget, remember, relive, rejoice, regret, apologize, speak your mind...

People should do this before the fear of death kicks in.

Should? Absolutely.

Do? Rarely.

Jude

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Quickly... but slowly.
Time to do and say what must/needs to be said.
Time to get my affairs in order.
Time to hold my loved one close on last time.
Then... Lights out.

PS. Some say they do not want to know the time and day it all stops.
I would look at that as a true blessing... regardless of the pain.

I would want to know so as to embrace what it is.

Jude

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Quick!
Like a lightening bolt.

I've seen someone suffer a slow and painful death and saw no point or reason for it...

Their affairs were in order. Just no reason...
Anyway, I think it's best to keep your affairs in order and tell those around you how you feel as often as you can...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Speeding away from a huge crowd in a Ferrari with a suitcase bomb on the back seat. The suitcase handcuffed to the wrist of a terrorist. The timer is counting down, the terrorist is coming round and the Laphroaig whiskey is sloshing in the glass.

I'm shouting in the speaker phone, 'Sorry Megan Fox, I'm busy right now and the President is waiting!'

Air Force 1 is circling over head as I nimbly weave through the city traffic.

The terrorist comes round and tries to talk through broken teeth. 'You and I are not so different Mr Kandinsky.'

'You are NOTHING like me!' I scream over the 500 horses revving under the hood. I savour the last drop of Laphroaig and flick the cigarette out of the window.

The terrorist replies with tears in his eyes, 'Kandinsky, I'm your father.' As he presses the flashing red button, I accelerate and careen through trash cans on the side of the road. Two guys carrying a large window duck out of the way and we smash through the glass. A passing drunk looks at his bottle and mutters, 'Man, this is good sheeet.'

There are 'Bridge Out' signs and I avoid hitting Scarlett Johansen with a 'Cover up Scarlett! Your light skin isn't suited to the high sun factor?! I'll call you tomorrow. Promise!' Stephen Hawking is texting for advice on a chess move as the Ferrari hurtles into the sea and the bomb goes off.

Otherwise, a quick, quiet death in my sleep would be nice. Who needs the drama?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Speeding away from a huge crowd in a Ferrari with a suitcase bomb on the back seat. The suitcase handcuffed to the wrist of a terrorist. The timer is counting down, the terrorist is coming round and the Laphroaig whiskey is sloshing in the glass.

I'm shouting in the speaker phone, 'Sorry Megan Fox, I'm busy right now and the President is waiting!'

Air Force 1 is circling over head as I nimbly weave through the city traffic.

The terrorist comes round and tries to talk through broken teeth. 'You and I are not so different Mr Kandinsky.'

'You are NOTHING like me!' I scream over the 500 horses revving under the hood. I savour the last drop of Laphroaig and flick the cigarette out of the window.

The terrorist replies with tears in his eyes, 'Kandinsky, I'm your father.' As he presses the flashing red button, I accelerate and careen through trash cans on the side of the road. Two guys carrying a large window duck out of the way and we smash through the glass. A passing drunk looks at his bottle and mutters, 'Man, this is good sheeet.'

There are 'Bridge Out' signs and I avoid hitting Scarlett Johansen with a 'Cover up Scarlett! Your light skin isn't suited to the high sun factor?! I'll call you tomorrow. Promise!' Stephen Hawking is texting for advice on a chess move as the Ferrari hurtles into the sea and the bomb goes off.

Otherwise, a quick, quiet death in my sleep would be nice. Who needs the drama?

James Bond!

I knew you would make an appearance on ATS eventually!

Welcome!

Jude

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I've been watching too many 80s movies lately.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think the process of death itself is pretty quick. It's how you arrive at it that differs.

I'd prefer to go relatively easily and painlessly, and if that can be accomplished then whether or not the moment of death arrives suddenly or after months won't matter nearly as much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join