It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Treated Themselves Recently?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Since the OP was written, I have decided to treat myself to a day of deeps sea fishing for whiting out of New Hampshire in October!

I am going out this Tuesday for ling and fluke off New Jersey, but that is not treating myself.... it was a birthday gift.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Just bought my self some Captains choice "lime" and "north" aftershave lotion.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I saw some band called the Foo Fighters, they might really make it big one day.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Today I treated myself to some cupboard space

I've just bagged up a wardrobe-full of clothes that I've been left looking after for over three years and hoiked the lot into the garage.

Now, I've got somewhere indoors to put away some of my stuff where I can easily get at it instead of having to rootle about in the garage for anything when I want it.

Oh joy

I hope everybody else is being good to themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I went to a metal festival recently. It is the only holiday I get during a year, and aside from that, is also the only opportunity I get during a year to actually shop, face to face, for clothes and metal related gear that I like. Patches, studs, and a Rob Zombie T-shirt were amongst my purchases this year, as well as a bag bearing the emblem of one of my favourite bands, Emperor.

Some years I have purchased more shirts than other things, but I now have a fair number of band shirts and shirts with badass designs on them, and so this year was less of a shopping year. There are not really any stores where I live that deal with the sort of stuff I like, and the nearest one is about an hour away on the train. Since I dislike internet shopping, and cannot afford to both shop, and get a train just for the purpose, and prefer to support businesses with cash, not electronic money, I shop very little for clothes and the like. It is only really at the festival, that I get to actually interact with the sort of merchandise that I really appreciate.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just bought a new mod (e-cigarette). VaporShark DNA 200.

I've been very happy with my SX Mini M Class mods, but I REALLY want to try the new DNA 200 chip. Sort of impulse buy, saw that VaporShark released their version and snatched it up.

Really don't need it, probably won't utilize all the features or power, but man it gave me geek happy pants feelings. I'm barely smoking at all now (none yesterday or day before), so I'm saving at least $300 a month, figure it's OK to splurge on stuff that keeps that going.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Yes, but if I told you what it is now Id risk losing the bid.
It ends in 24 hours ... I can't wait..

Actually it was more like 48 hrs.

Did you think I was going to give the game away that easily?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Bugger.

I've been waiting to find out if you got it.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Im worried I might not get it now, at least not at the price I was hoping for.

1 bid since I last checked.

You'll find out what it is by tomorrow evening I promise.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I had an unexpected treat today. I was in the kitchen looking out of the window as I waited for the kettle to boil and I noticed a tiny mouse poking his head out from the mouse hole in the bank across the path.

So I went out and dropped a few small pieces of bread outside the hole, stood back a little way and very quietly waited.

Sure enough the little mouse popped his head out again, sniffed a bit and then came out to collect the bread. Awwww...

After that I went back indoors to enjoy a stick of licorice with my tea
Sometimes, it's just the little things.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm buying myself a disco ball thingy to have in my living room.

Gonna order it later today.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 27-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Bugger.

I've been waiting to find out if you got it.

I didn't get it in the end, I missed my bid...

I just recently bought myself some Christmas lights a lava lamp and a fibre optic spaceship lamp though... Too bad I didn't think of disco ball at the time :p ... Oh well I can order one later

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I recently treated myself to my dream car, a Jaguar AK8.....vintage now, but this one had low mileage and in mint condition...and I love the number plate

Jane

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Vintage?

That does not look more than ten years old!
Nice wheels though... I bet its thirsty!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

2001 plate. 50k on the clock. Thirsty on short trips...a dream on long distance.....love kicking in the V8 when needed

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
wow....timing :-)

Just bought a new set of hiking gear and tomorrow I will be hitting a new trail I haven't tried

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Nice ass! I've always liked Jags, not really my cup of tea, but I've always appreciated the way they look.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I ended up not buying that disco ball and went for a Blu-ray movie instead.

Maybe next week.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join