It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect and TPD K-9 dead in standoff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Toledo K-9 and a suspect are dead after a standoff that lasted for hours.

Police say the call came in around 5:30 PM in the 1100 block of Earl St.

It started as an attempt to pull over a suspected stolen vehicle.

WTVG

Very sad. Sometimes I think that our k-9 friends are taken for granted. These animals train and do a wonderful job of helping our police officers. RIP Falko.

Related : Local Trooper talks about incredible bond between dog and handler

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Believe it or not the Officer Down Memorial Page has a section for K-9's -

Welcome to ODMP K9

The Officer Down Memorial Page is furthering its mission of honoring all fallen law enforcement officers with the announcement of its newest memorial program: ODMP K9.

ODMP K9 honors the hundreds of police canines that have been killed in the line of duty serving alongside America's law enforcement officers. These loyal companions have given their lives to ensure their handlers, fellow officers, and citizens stay safe.

ODMP researchers are currently compiling details on fallen canines through history. Our current list is incomplete, so we are calling on all visitors to provide new or updated details about any police canine that has been killed in the line of duty in the United States by using our submission form.

Read more: www.odmp.org...

ODMP - K9 Falko

K9 Falko was shot and killed while conducting a track of a subject wanted for murder who fled during a traffic stop of a stolen vehicle in the area of Varland Avenue and Woodville Road.

The subject and his passenger both fled from the vehicle and ran into a vacant home at 1137 Earl Street. The man opened fire on Falko and several officers after they entered the home. Falko was fatally wounded by the gunfire.

Officers on scene returned fire and killed the subject.

Falko had served with the Toledo Police Department for one year.

Condolences may be sent to:

Chief George Kral
Toledo Police Department
525 N Erie Street
Toledo, OH 43624

edit on 16-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I didn't know that, very cool.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
a reply to: Xcathdra

I didn't know that, very cool.

Its still a new feature however I agree with you. We do tend to take them for granted, or at the very least we don't view their death in any meaningful way. In my opinion anyways.. Hell some states killing a Police K-9 can be a felony (at the upper end in terms of crime / jail time)..

Thanks for posting this by the way.

top topics

join