It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to get rid of a computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have a old compaq thats sitting in my basement taking up space and i have important files and other stuff on it passwords..credit card information adresses etc dont we all? whats the best way to get rid of the computer without having to think twice that someone has all your valuable information? I dont want to just throw it out on the street for pickup because someone can easily get my info..so what do you guys recommend?
any help is greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Run KillDisk. Thatll wipe the hard drive more than a regular format. If you still dont feel safe run AutoClave. Its a bit more indepth.

Once youv safely wiped it, get a copy of Windows98 (doesnt require activation) install it onto the computer, and donate it to your local church or community center. Dont let a computer (even a compaq) go to waste.

Edit...See

[edit on 31-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
I dont want to just throw it out on the street for pickup because someone can easily get my info..so what do you guys recommend?

Only imagine the little stick guy is your computer.

Or you could take the hard drive out and smash it to bits with a big hammer ... that would be fun.

Target practice?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
ill try that dlm thanks for the info and banshee lol all those ideas have run across my mind ive thought about burning it and smashing it and maybe some 12 gauge slugs into it wont hurt either lol ill try dlm's idea then we shall have some fun
thanks for the responses guys

top topics

join