It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone figured out what the hell this is yet??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Now in no way am i claiming its "nibiru" at this point, but im really interested to find out if anyone has been able to figure out exactly what this is that people are capturing on video...the first video looks like that scene in star wars with the 2 suns.....

here it is here - www.youtube.com...

the second video is a compilation and some were witnessed by many, including an archbishop (not that that necesarily lends it credence)

www.youtube.com...

what the hell is it?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am not 100% sure, but I believe these are caused by certain atmospheric conditions.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I am not 100% sure, but I believe these are caused by certain atmospheric conditions.

which atmospheric conditions?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I don't know much about it, but here is a quote from a piece I read on the topic.

She said: "Anything that distorts light as it passes through the atmosphere has the ability to cause a mirage, and in this case it was most likely to have been caused by the cold air creating tiny crystals of ice which have been known to give the impression that there is a second moon or a second sun."

Source

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't know much about it, but here is a quote from a piece I read on the topic.

She said: "Anything that distorts light as it passes through the atmosphere has the ability to cause a mirage, and in this case it was most likely to have been caused by the cold air creating tiny crystals of ice which have been known to give the impression that there is a second moon or a second sun."

Source

ah yeah ive seen that before, like reflective light, however it looks absolutely nothing like what we see in those videos, the videos shows a second body, a second sun, the one you posted has no discernable shape just light bouncing of crystals in the atmosphere

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

These are hoaxes. Here is one way to get the desired effect.

www.metabunk.org...

The first video is of venus. Sometimes mars appears near the sun as well. The guy just doesn't know his astronomy. It looks so big because of the camera cannot get it in focus. He is def not saying it is another sun.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

These are hoaxes.

www.metabunk.org...

i didnt post those videos, no sunglasses were used in the videos i posted

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You can answer your own question (if it truly was an honest question) by going to any one of a large number of free sky programs on the internet putting in the date and time (sunset) and see where Venus appears in the sky at that date amd time. That one quest, should pretty much answer your question.

I would anyone familiar with the word "nibiru" would already know the answer.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
if its already debunked, then mods feel free to delete the thread

thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
if nibuiru exist it would have to be outside our solar system or weigh very very little which isn't likely...the gravitational pull it would have would show up everywhere in orbits...and if its outside our solar system its not going to show up next to the sun like that...and if it was that big it would be there all the time and seen even at night...not just when its convenient for certain youtubers

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Looks like a sun dog to me. It's an effect that is caused by ice in the atmosphere. Sun dogs usually have larger areas of effect and show a ring or halo effect around the sun. However, at one point during the effect (and usually always at least at some point when it does happen) you'll have smaller dots that do resemble in some way a planet or star.

This is the same idea as the lens flare, actually, except that the lens here is a sheet of ice particles in the atmosphere. If you look closely at the video, you can also see an "x" shaped line of light going through the center of the sun, which is also strong evidence that it is indeed a sun dog.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You're scaring the children!
And Randy too.
It ain't no G-D sundog that's for sure.
So it's either a blatent hoax or or orrr....

The heat in California since the 12th is certainly
indicative of two suns. Sweltering above 110'F

edit on Rpm81615v20201500000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I saw something like that several days in a row back in July over Texas and adjoining states. I think it is the ISS (International Space Station).

When I saw it , it was way to big to be a planet. Like 1/8 of an inch across my thumbnail at arms length. And there was always a smaller grain of sand sized light slightly above it.

Sunlight is reflecting off of it just right.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Nibiru? Oh no...

We are not allowed to talk about Nibiru. ( it has been debunked to death ) It was allegedly to have pass earth in 2012, that is what all the dooms day experts were saying for years. But it never happened.

Now all the experts are claiming there is no such thing as planet Nibiru. There is no evidence or any proof, if there were, NASA would have told us.

However, NASA is silent on this issue, after Robert H announcement he was silence to. All video claiming Nibiru or second sun are all hoaxes, according to all the experts.

The video in question will be proven to be ice crystals, sun dogs, lens flares, or strange atmosphere conditions.

It is odd that we are seeing a lot of these videos popping up all around the world recently.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Even the video poster hunself is saying sorry for stirring up bull#..... Ceck top oost on that youtube link.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
To be honest, if this was REAL then we would all see it - not just a few isolated cases.

IMHO Nibiru-believers spend too much time in their bedrooms looking at YouTube, and not enough time outside in the fresh air looking skyward where they'll see nothing!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

IMHO Nibiru-believers spend too much time in their bedrooms looking at YouTube, and not enough time outside in the fresh air looking skyward where they'll see nothing!

It amazes me that there are still people that believe in Nibiru/planet x.

Not a single piece Of tangible proof indicating that their is a rogue planet playing hide and seek with Earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ok everybody, after reading and conducting more pics without my life proof case on my iPhone, it seems that All this is, is the double glass effect off my case. I apologize to all of you for stirring up fears. I personally did not know what was going on and why I was seeing the two sun effect only through the camera phone and not with the naked eye. It looks really cool but it's just not real.

First time I'd have not said this though, glare typically moves with the camera. But that is not to say I'd go with nibiru..

as it was mere days ago, a celestial body visible in our sky, would still be visible or discoverable... as we have no amateur astronomers (as big observatories are not reliable to anyone who believes in this stuff) or anyone else able to provide corroboratory evidence, this is why I believe it's nothing unusual.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

So we kind of have to go with hoax don't we?

Glad I have insurance!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: Woodcarver

These are hoaxes.

www.metabunk.org...

i didnt post those videos, no sunglasses were used in the videos i posted

It's not about the sunglasses.... the effect is an uncommon effect that happens with the atmosphere acting as a lens. You can re-create the effect with the sunglasses. They are simply being used to explain what is happening.

The light bounces at an angle off of the lower lens and then back down again from the upper lens, which shines two different sources of light towards us from the same source.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join