It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonoring their own bodies between themselves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

right there is the problem people want to interpret and interpretation which is a re-interpretation.

unless the scriptures indicate all scripture is to be taken literally.

For example the Bible tells us when something is allegorical or not. Most think it is all allegorical and it isn't.

Gal 4:21 ¶ Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Figure is another word it has two meanings it is a literal figure as in a body, and a figurative meaning. these verse are figurative meanings however no special re-interpretation is needed.

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
1Cor 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
1Pet 3:21 ¶ The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, [which are] the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Claims that all scriptures are allegories are unfounded and usually inserted into an argument so that an individual can ignore the plain TRUTH of the passage.

edit on 20-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: Rex282

Thanks for your interpretation.

but of course you are not god, nor Paul, and so that is all any of this is - the interpretation of people 2000 years later who are trying to support their own points of view.

I didn't interpret anything I simply read what Paul said in conjunction with other things he wrote.There is no hidden message to Romans 1 he is clearly speaking of the idolatry of religion.Paul may as well be Chauncey Gardiner for all that Christians and his detractors read into what he said.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

It was a lot more than just religious idolatry that Paul was conveing. It was the truth of who and what God is that they did not retain in their hearts and minds, that led them into the idolatry in the first place.

The further they went from God the more they were given over to debauchery and sin. They were not given over by God but by their own lusts and desires.

edit on 20-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join