It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonoring their own bodies between themselves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Recently a friend brought up the fact dishonouring ones body can be seen in tattoos.

Did your friend give any supporting passages other than Romans 1 for this great revelation.

1) Tattoos. God forbade Israel from marking themselves for other gods and the heathen did. That was done in two ways in the scriptures by scaring and inking.

This has nothing to do with Romans 1. Tattooing would be disobedience to OT law and god. The verse in Leviticus says nothing about it other than it set the Jews apart from everyone else. Lev. 19:28

2) Piercing, While ears and nose were traditional in piercing todays society of self worship. Today parts of the body that were never thought to be pierced are pierced, and holes are enlarged in the ears and nose as well.

And? There are no scriptures forbidding piercings. Cutting or marking your body for the dead, or other gods, yes. Nothing is said in any of those verses pertaining to this about it dishonoring your body, but rather it would again be in disobedience to god in the mentioned circumstances.

3) Unnatural sexual Practices.

First off. Sodomy refers to the sins of Sodom. Not anal intercourse. Secondly. Show me any verse in the bible that specifically forbids Anal, S&M, or Bondage. Third. Again, none of these has anything to do with Romans 1.

As if the bible isn't already full of holes and contradictions, you want to twist it beyond that by making up your own judgements, and pretending they're from god, so you can heap more condemnation on others. Even those who belong to the same cult you do.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

let's stick to the topic of Romans 1:24.

What do your think "dishonouring their bodies between themselves" means?

And can you tell what the truth was these were holding in unrighteousness?

edit on 16-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Dishonoring bodies between ourselves? Honey, you have no idea!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

you're welcomed to disagree but if you are so much more enlightened then you share what it means to "dishonour their bodies between once another".

And What truth was it they were holding in unrighteousness that God gave them over to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

come you did not answer the questions.

Come on tell us you who are better than I.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

All of these are forms of dishonoring their own bodies between themselves.

It's this "I don't approve so it must be wrong" attitude that gets to me.

But you have to have that to have religion.....so it must be right!

Right??

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I agree.
I walked away from the thread because I cannot accept the premise of the debate that the Bible is the word of a god so I feel if I wish to engage with the OP then it should probably be under that debating condition. This is the religion forum after all.
This discussion is clearly of a theological nature so perhaps we should take it to the scriptures the author is asking? I would certainly find it interesting at the least.

I support the OP in that regard, purely because the premise of debate is that the scriptures are the word of his/her alleged god. I disagree of course, but this is the place for members to debate scriptures if they believe in them.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And can you tell what the truth was these were holding in unrighteousness?bi

No I can't, nor do I care. Don't try to confuse the issue, its your demented homophobia that latches onto some abrahamic gibberish as justification! You fool no one.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

too bad.

I believe god preserved his word just as he promised too in Psalm 12:6,7.

I hold in my hand the preserved English words of God without error, without prejudice, whole and complete. I believe his doctrines not the doctrines of men.

But even you with a sixth grade reading level can tell me why it was they were given over to vs 24.

Adios

This post is a perfect example of your religious rhetoric condescension and abundant ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

And can you tell what the truth was these were holding in unrighteousness?bi

No I can't, nor do I care. Don't try to confuse the issue, its your demented homophobia that latches onto some abrahamic gibberish as justification! You fool no one.

+1

2nd

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

did I ever say I disapprove of anything mentioned in the OP.

I surmised that dishonouring may be tattooing, Piercing and unnatural sexual acts I never said I disapprove of them or those who practice them.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I agree.
I walked away from the thread because I cannot accept the premise of the debate that the Bible is the word of a god so I feel if I wish to engage with the OP then it should probably be under that debating condition. This is the religion forum after all.
This discussion is clearly of a theological nature so perhaps we should take it to the scriptures the author is asking? I would certainly find it interesting at the least.

I support the OP in that regard, purely because the premise of debate is that the scriptures are the word of his/her alleged god. I disagree of course, but this is the place for members to debate scriptures if they believe in them.

I find it outrageous that proponents of christianity have the gaul to jamb their religion down the throats of the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

no condescension on my part. I was simply stating even one with a sixth grade reading level, your could be higher, could understand the context and meaning of Romans 1:18-31.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

you're welcomed to disagree but if you are so much more enlightened then you share what it means to "dishonour their bodies between once another".

And What truth was it they were holding in unrighteousness that God gave them over to it.

As soon as you answer my challenge, I'll answer your question.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

that's funny seeing I never mentioned homosexuality at all during any of my replies.

I love the way your mind adds to the mis things that are not there.

If you don't want to share concerning the OP then you are free to go to other threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And can you tell what the truth was these were holding in unrighteousness?

I can't really tell what you're saying, because your grammar is so bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: grainofsand

I agree.

I find it outrageous that proponents of christianity have the gaul to jamb their religion down the throats of the rest of us.
I agree, it is annoying at times but this is the religion forum after all, most rational thinking folk reading it will see it's just a fairy tale scripture reading exercise. I'm letting it go, but shall continue lurking for entertainment purposes.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

did I ever say I disapprove of anything mentioned in the OP.

I surmised that dishonouring may be tattooing, Piercing and unnatural sexual acts I never said I disapprove of them or those who practice them.

you hypocritical POS - you wrote in your OP:

This is all part of their being given over to sin because knowing the truth they deny it and ignore it.

And you say that this is not actual disapproval??

What a fair weather x-ian you are - as soon as someone points out your own writing and the clear implications of it you start shifting the goal posts, denying your own words......who was it in the bible denied their faith??

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

that's funny seeing I never mentioned homosexuality at all during any of my replies.

I love the way your mind adds to the mis things that are not there.

If you don't want to share concerning the OP then you are free to go to other threads.

In your OP tyou wrote:

3) Unnatural sexual Practices.

which is pretty well understood x-ian shorthand for homosexuality among other things AFAIK.

Do you deny that?

If you do, then what is it you consider to be "Unnatural sexual Practices"?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The very fact that he used Romans 1 tells you he was also referring to homosexuality without actually saying it. He's being disingenuous at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join