It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonoring their own bodies between themselves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

having said that. Now using the Bible, Why are these dishonouring themselves between themselves?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

you disbelief does not change the truth you hold in unrighteousness.
What on Earth is that supposed to mean exactly?
My lack of belief in any god has no impact on the fact that your 'sin' is entirely a Christian construct.
There is only moral/immoral/amoral in the world outside of fairy tales.

I stand by my earlier statement, you condemn 'sin' and by default 'sinners' as a believing Christian, so no matter how much you dress up your comments as the word of your particular god, by believing in it as the absolute truth you are condemning the folk as described in your OP. A most skillful and thinly veiled condemnation but condemnation nonetheless.

Personally I think it is ridiculous, but hey I'll leave you to it, I'll only be repeating myself, and unless you have a decent rational argument to counter my points I think most non Christians will see your OP for what it is.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Strange that people who believe there is a afterlife are so afraid of any harm happening to their temporary body.

That is the strange thing about some religious people. They behave more like atheists who believe that life on earth is one single trip and then it is over. If they really where believing the body was temporary they would probably not invest so much in the current.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

most of the things in your posts are derailing.

What you can't participate or you refuse too?

Come on and read the section of Scriptures and answer the question I posed. It is in context to the OP.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

yes this tabernacle is temporary and we should do our best to keep it in a way God would want us too.

and you made an observation that is correct (even if you didn't mean too). Even Christians if they hold a particular point of truth in unrighteousness they are affected in their body as well. I too have suffered in this body because of my own sin that I struggle with. the great thing is the holy Ghost has really proved both my comforter and helper.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I am stepping away with respect to yourself as the OP as I actually do not wish to derail your thread.

I shall also politely decline the offer to read your scriptures as I spent many years reading the Bible before coming to the conclusion that it is a completely unverifiable book translated multiple times and written by unknown authors.
You deem the folk described in your OP as sinners. I assert that sin is a purely Christian concept and has nothing at all to do with moral questions.

We would never reach agreement so I leave you with your beliefs and I'll walk away with my reasoned and logical considerations.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

too bad.

I believe god preserved his word just as he promised too in Psalm 12:6,7.

I hold in my hand the preserved English words of God without error, without prejudice, whole and complete. I believe his doctrines not the doctrines of men.

But even you with a sixth grade reading level can tell me why it was they were given over to vs 24.

Adios

edit on 16-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

yes this tabernacle is temporary and we should do our best to keep it in a way God would want us too.

and you made an observation that is correct (even if you didn't mean too). Even Christians if they hold a particular point of truth in unrighteousness they are affected in their body as well. I too have suffered in this body because of my own sin that I struggle with. the great thing is the holy Ghost has really proved both my comforter and helper.

If the divine want the body a specific way it can awake the spiritual energy system in it, that will on a quantum level help manifest it. The placebo effect/Energy body healing as in Reiki/Laying of hands.

I do not eat wisely or exercise much but instead have the spiritual energy flow that makes the body able to handle some less than perfect maintenance. If the beings on the other side of the veil say this is ok and sanctioned then your book have no truth full information on how the divine realm works and what is sanctioned and not. In the bible are human theories and fantasies about the divine.
edit on 16-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Who died and left you G.....
Never mind, you would not understand.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I would ask if we stick to the OP and stop accusing people and comment on what you think "dishonouring their bodies between one another" means.

BTW, I do admit to concluding that those who so such do so because they hold the truth in unrighteousness.

What do you mean by hold the truth in unrighteousness?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

All those rules sound oddly like they came from a flawed human, not some omnipotent, all knowing god.

Who, by my logic, could probably care less what you did with your own personal self, as long as you were not hurting anybody else in the process.

If God Exists, I highly doubt he's this fragile, emotional creature who gets bent out of shape over things like tattoos, piercings and who chooses to use the Kamasutra for example.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Go back and read the context of Romans 1:24 it will determine what we are talking about.

Eating things that may hurt your body is possibly another way one dishonours their bodies. However the immediate context is something done between those who dishonour their bodies. Not one person choosing to eat a certain way.

Read Romans 1:18-31 and determine why it is these do what they do.

These practices were never said to kill people. I did mention that there are some health issues. Not sure how you came to that conclusion that these practices kill people with the OP but appears you brought it into the conversation yourself.

while some do indeed gorge after church. But lots more do so that don't go to church. Or did you forget that a majority of people are not Christians.

The OP was to help some see what and how vs 24 in particularity could apply today as all scriptures is given or reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

For those who claim it is for Israel, the whole chapter is speaking to all men not just Israel. It is a body of Christ teaching and it is not so much for application for the church than an correct teaching on why some people as they live longer and longer while holding the truth in unrighteousness, progress into worse and worse sinful situations in their lives.

Now what truth is it that men are holding in unrighteousness that causes them to be given over and then allow them o go into some of the different sinful situations listed out in Romans 1:18-31?

If using your body as a dumpster does not qualify because it is being done to the self, why do tattoos and piercings apply?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

are you saying you have never accepted oral sex in your life?

if that is what you are saying, im afraid i will have to submit my profound skepticism.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't remember mentioning oral sex in the OP. But to make the meaning of sodomy to include it goes against thousands of years of what that word meant.

The topic in the OP is basically what is, vs 24's meaning "dishonouring their bodies between one another".

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't remember mentioning oral sex in the OP. But to make the meaning of sodomy to include it goes against thousands of years of what that word meant.

The topic in the OP is basically what does vs 24 meaning "dishonouring their bodies between one another".

so you are okay with oral sex but not with sodomy?

double standards is what im getting at here.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Is Gluttony included in the context of Romans 1:18-31?

remember this, 2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

The only way to come to that conclusion would be to privately interpret it so.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

First, what rules are you talking about?

And second, if God, as the scriptures tells us, is the one who knitted us in the mothers womb, then we are all accountable to him for what we do in these bodies.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't think the OP states anything your are saying in anyway.

Also to do so at a quantum level could possibly violate someones free will and God would not do that.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

First did you read the context of Ramans 1:24?

Read Romans 1:18-31 and then you tell me what that reveals to you what the truth is that these were holding in unrighteousness.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
JESUS HITLER CHRIST!! Started quoting the bible right off the bat... Mamma, the smelling salts quick, I feel I have a bout of the vapors coming on!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join