It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonoring their own bodies between themselves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

After a long discussion on Romans 1:18-31 one verse I looked at very intently to find a more observable understanding of the Scripture. Rom 1:24.

I have heard some say it was about them having STD and spreading it to one another. While that may or may not be true there is more to dishonouring ones body between one another than has been discussed.

Recently a friend brought up the fact dishonouring ones body can be seen in tattoos.

1) Tattoos. God forbade Israel from marking themselves for other gods and the heathen did. That was done in two ways in the scriptures by scaring and inking. Today we have taken it to new heights not for other gods but for self worship as being our own god. This is done by implant of horns, cutting ones tongue, enlarging eyebrows and filing of teeth as well. Tattoo shops have quaddrupled in number since the year 2000.

2) Piercing, While ears and nose were traditional in piercing todays society of self worship. Today parts of the body that were never thought to be pierced are pierced, and holes are enlarged in the ears and nose as well.

3) Unnatural sexual Practices.

a) without going into descriptions the recent trend of sodomy (anal sex) has increased 1000 fold. And so has the Emergency room cases of damaged rear end body parts requiring removal of glads and the reconnecting of damaged muscle tissue around it. Even the removal of sections of the rectum and colon have been reported.
b) S&M, Bondage and Dominating have become a practice in which also damages the body.

All of these are forms of dishonoring their own bodies between themselves. Even if not participating in the sexual aspects the other two are still a form of dishonouring of the body between themselves seeing that someone else has to do the work of it thereby filling the meaning of "their own bodies between themselves".

This is all part of their being given over to sin because knowing the truth they deny it and ignore it.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Who are you to tell consenting adults what to do with their own bodies?
It's not my personal cup of tea but I support the right of others to do pretty much whatever they like if it harms no other without consent.
I guess because I do not believe in any of the wildly conflicting gods (from the Abrahamic to Zoroastrian and everything in between) I view ownership over my own body.

Why do you even care anyway?
Live your own good little Christian life and see what happens when you die. I personally think I'll just be worm food and that's the end of it, but if you believe in heaven or whatever, how about concentrate on your goodly life and quit condemning people who do not affect your existence in any way at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

All of these are forms of dishonoring their own bodies between themselves.

It's this "I don't approve so it must be wrong" attitude that gets to me. What people do is their own business, as long as they are not hurting someone else. YOU are disrespecting their right to privacy by trying to inflict your own morality and opinions on others. As long as it's not your body, you have no say in what happens or whether it's right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I am not convinced that tattoos in general constitute "marking themselves for another god".

I saw a girl with a cross tattooed on the back of her neck. I suppose that wouldn't count.

I saw a smiley face tattoo the other day. Which god was that person marked for?

I know a guy that has a fireman's helmet tattoo.... I guess he is honoring the fireman god?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sounds like you're using religion to insert yourself as an authoritarian figure into the personal space of people. That may have been seen as acceptable in the middle ages, but in 2015 it just comes across as creepy.

Here's an idea. How about you worry about yourself and leave other people alone. So long as they're not hurting anybody they don't need your advice or approval.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Perhaps you should run for emporer of the universe and then you could make everyone do what you want them to do. Until then, people are just going to ignore people like you trying to dictate what is right/wrong, natural/unnatural.
Maybe if you had an ancient book that described what should be considered acceptable, then we would all come together and believe the same things. As it turns out, there are thousands of them and none of them agree with eachother.

Soo....... It's all like, your opinion man...

Atheists are not angry at god/s that we don't believe in. We are angry at people like you.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

1) Tattoos. God forbade Israel from marking themselves for other gods and the heathen did. That was done in two ways in the scriptures by scaring and inking. Today we have taken it to new heights not for other gods but for self worship as being our own god. This is done by implant of horns, cutting ones tongue, enlarging eyebrows and filing of teeth as well. Tattoo shops have quaddrupled in number since the year 2000.

I'm not part of israel, and most people aren't, so maybe you should scoot on back in time and remind those peeps.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a) without going into descriptions the recent trend of sodomy (anal sex) has increased 1000 fold. And so has the Emergency room cases of damaged rear end body parts requiring removal of glads and the reconnecting of damaged muscle tissue around it. Even the removal of sections of the rectum and colon have been reported.

Sodomy also refers to oral sex. I notice you kinda failed to bring that up. Also you make a lot of accusations without supplying any sources. The only "removal of sections of the rectum and colon" I could find was due to cancer and I think we all know that is not caused by anal sex.

So this thread is just some rant from someone who has nothing better to do with their time than to meddle in someone Else's business. If you want to achieve inner peace and happiness, concentrate on yourself instead of what other people do

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Atheists are not angry at god/s that we don't believe in. We are angry at people like you.

I agree completely.
Standard bigoted Christian opinion based on nothing but an unverifiable old book.
Condemning others when their lifestyle has no influence over their own life. Lame.

It's getting better with each generation though, almost a third of UK folk responded 'no religion' in the 2011 census, 2021 will be interesting, what with the terrifying rise in sodomites and people with tat's and all that.

*Edit*
Looks like this was just another 'drive by' OP with an author who only really wanted to see comments which agreed with him/her.
Where are all the rabid Christians supporting the condemnation of anal sex and tattoos I wonder?
Maybe it's a time zone thing and when the US members are all awake we'll see some fun Christian bigotry expressed here.
edit on 16.8.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

People dishonor their bodies far worse everytime they step into a fast food joint. Most Christians I know treat their bodies l like garbage dumpsters every Sunday after service.

That kills people far more than any amount of anal sex, tattoos, or piercings.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Now, anal piercings might be something to be concerned with. Let me check the bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

People dishonor their bodies far worse everytime they step into a fast food joint. Most Christians I know treat their bodies l like garbage dumpsters every Sunday after service.

That kills people far more than any amount of anal sex, tattoos, or piercings.

Yeah, but that's ok because the bible doesn't mention fast food.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I guess you know not how to read.

I didn't tell anyone how to live.

The scriptures are clear that what we do between ourselves is dishonouring because we hold the truth in unrighteousness.

This OP was about ways that people fulfill Romans 1:24.

No one is asking you to read this thread and your accusative tone is wrong.

David64, It is not about what I approve of or disapprove of. It seems to me you are reading intot he OP something that is not there.

Do you and others automatically add things to what you read on daily basis or just post you think you disagree with?

Go back and re-read the Post and remember this is in a religious forum. No one condemned anyone for any of these practices I only pointed out what may be forms of dishonouring our bodies between ourselves means today.

edit on 16-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Go back and read the context of Romans 1:24 it will determine what we are talking about.

Eating things that may hurt your body is possibly another way one dishonours their bodies. However the immediate context is something done between those who dishonour their bodies. Not one person choosing to eat a certain way.

Read Romans 1:18-31 and determine why it is these do what they do.

These practices were never said to kill people. I did mention that there are some health issues. Not sure how you came to that conclusion that these practices kill people with the OP but appears you brought it into the conversation yourself.

while some do indeed gorge after church. But lots more do so that don't go to church. Or did you forget that a majority of people are not Christians.

The OP was to help some see what and how vs 24 in particularity could apply today as all scriptures is given or reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

For those who claim it is for Israel, the whole chapter is speaking to all men not just Israel. It is a body of Christ teaching and it is not so much for application for the church than an correct teaching on why some people as they live longer and longer while holding the truth in unrighteousness, progress into worse and worse sinful situations in their lives.

Now what truth is it that men are holding in unrighteousness that causes them to be given over and then allow them o go into some of the different sinful situations listed out in Romans 1:18-31?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Now, anal piercings might be something to be concerned with. Let me check the bible.

That one made me wince and feel like puking at the same time.
Congratulations.
edit on b000000312015-08-16T13:15:10-05:0001America/ChicagoSun, 16 Aug 2015 13:15:10 -0500100000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would ask if we stick to the OP and stop accusing people and comment on what you think "dishonouring their bodies between one another" means.

BTW, I do admit to concluding that those who so such do so because they hold the truth in unrighteousness.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Go back and re-read the Post and remember this is in a religious forum. No one condemned anyone for any of these practices I only pointed out what may be forms of dishonouring our bodies between ourselves means today.
I guess my response was inspired by the final part of your OP:

This is all part of their being given over to sin because knowing the truth they deny it and ignore it.
I presume you condemn 'sins' such as dishonoring ones body?
Like it or not, by using terms such as sin you are presenting a negative opinion about folk as described in the OP.
It would appear to be a fair statement that you condemn such activities don't ya think.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Have you ever sinned?

All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23

We are all sinners so there is no wrong in pointing out the sin of holding the truth in unrighteousness.

I think it is the fact that Romans 1 shows us what happens when we do so.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I don't believe in the concept of sinning so I would have to say no.
Have I ever carried out a course of action which has hurt other people? Yes.
Have I ever carried out a course of action which could be considered morally wrong? Yes.

Your 'sin' concept is just a slant on morals with the idea that your particular god deems something wrong. Sin is different to moral considerations.

As a Christian it clearly follows that you condemn sin, so my earlier statements stand, I see this thread as solely condemning the folk as described in your OP. You can dress it up as gods word as much as you like but the fact you believe it indicates your condemnation.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

your disbelief does not change the truth you hold in unrighteousness.

Found in the Bible sin 391, sinneth 20 times, sins 166 times, sinner 21 times, sinning 2 times.

That is whole lot of times God talks about the concept of sin and it attributes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join