It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: al-Qaeda’s Version Of The Anarchist Cookbook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
An intelligence bulletin released by Washington provides details into how al-Qaeda is training its terrorists and the methods it wants to use. Included are techniques for assessing potential targets, extolling the lethal power of flying, shattered building glass among others. The information has come from computer data that was seized in Pakistan

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - A new government intelligence bulletin describes in the greatest detail yet al-Qaida's techniques for assessing potential targets, extolling the lethal power of flying, shattered building glass and advising that kerosene and tires are effective for a deadly arson attack.

"The focus is on maximizing the destructive and killing power of an attack," the bulletin says.

The bulletin provides a fresh glimpse of terrorist reports found in computers and disks seized in Pakistan in July. The reports described the casing by terrorists of several buildings in the United States and prompted U.S. authorities to raise the terror threat level earlier this year for high-profile financial facilities in New York, Washington and Newark, N.J.

The heightened alert was eased shortly after the Nov. 2 election, and there is no evidence a potential attack ever moved beyond initial planning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It’s a bit scary to see such plans laid out so matter of factly. I hope that they have had this information out for some time to law enforcement agencies and are just now releasing it to the public. Because if they take from July to now to analyze data we are in trouble. A lot of it is pretty obvious and they did not go into detail, but it shows a certain level of sophistication in training methods.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If I remember corectly Bin Laden was originaly trained by CIA way back during Russian Afganistan war. He is (was) head honcho of Al Quaeda -so I'm not surprised that Washington knows about their methods. But why they released this to public??? I think they wanted to show that this information comes from computer data from Pakistan and not from their own sources...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Im not sure why they would make this public at this point. However, they seized computers have become quite a bonanza of intel. It seems its more detailed that what they are getting out of interrogations. However, they could also be using this as a way to hide where they get their data as well. I had a history professior that used to do analysis for the CIA. He never got into specifics for obvious resoans, but he said the government stick classifications on the stupidist stuff. Not really to hide the info, but to protect the source.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This reminds me somewhat of the al Qaeda Training Manual discovered on the computer of an al Qaeda operative in the UK a while back. I wonder if they are related.

www.usdoj.gov...

new topics

top topics

join