It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do Police "have" to shoot to KILL every time ??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I would say it reads that you should not shoot in the chest and he was offering an alternative, like tasers, as opposed to the thread being about shooting in the leg instead. I don't believe it was the premise of the thread, more that there are less lethal forms that the police could use. Clearly just me though.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The "Main" reason the Police shoot to kill is economic, more so even then safety, too many Lawyers sued the police after a "perp" was wounded, and not killed. this started back in the 60's 70's. So if you want to Police to stop using so much lethal force, ban lawyers

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not uncomfortable. Referencing Wikipedia definitions makes me laugh, as it makes you more comfortable. I have been warned by MODS before when challenging your type of debating and will not do it again. I'm sorry and wish you a good day.

Just for the record I find your ability to locate sources and contribute to threads where disinformation exists as valuable in the form of links, I just have a differing opinion how you express it sometimes. Nothing personal.
edit on 16-8-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I don't believe it was the premise of the thread, more that there are less lethal forms that the police could use.
The OP was specific about using a gun to shoot the leg rather than another part of the body. You also were specific the "proper" use of a gun in your first post. You said nothing about using other, non-lethal weapons.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Referencing Wikipedia definitions makes me laugh

You shouldn't need wikipedia to know what the Socratic method is.

I'm sorry and wish you a good day.
You have nothing to apologize for.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterKaman

The reason is because of fear plain and simple. Most police are in fear just driving around.
In my home town the swat team wouldn't even go in an apartment where a gun shot had been reported.

They started to go in but ran back out from fright. Cowardly fright. They were in a state of fear and there was no live person in that place. They had run back out, away from a dead body! The shooter only shot himself.

I sent them a letter offering in the future to do their SWAT for them solo since they are too afraid to even do their jobs with many. Haven't heard back of course. Cowards are usually embarrassed about their fear and don't respond when confronted publicly.

They shoot to kill out of pure fear. There are not many real men or real women in law enforcement these days. Just cowards.. Sad reality.

There use to be, but those days are long gone.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would guess because the real world isn't like what you see on TV or in the latest Call of Duty.

It's okay though..someone always thinks they can do some specific thing better..until the point comes when they have to and they do it the same way..

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread. Was not my intention.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

They shoot to kill out of pure fear. There are not many real men or real women in law enforcement these days. Just cowards.. Sad reality.

You mean like people that spend their time behind keyboards calling other people cowards for the work they have to do that no one else will?

How many SWAT raids have you been on? How many drug houses have you gone into? How many times have you had to think "if I pull this degenerate drunk driver over am I going to see my family again?"

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
Very true. In the moment the last thing you would be thinking of is shoot them in the leg.
There is no need to think otherwise either when the system helps protect the LEO'S that don't think "of a better way".

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

How many times?

All of the times. Ever. That's obvious.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The reason is because of fear plain and simple. Most police are in fear just driving around.
In my home town the swat team wouldn't even go in an apartment where a gun shot had been reported.

They started to go in but ran back out from fright. Cowardly fright. They were in a state of fear and there was no live person in that place. They had run back out, away from a dead body! The shooter only shot himself.

I sent them a letter offering in the future to do their SWAT for them solo since they are too afraid to even do their jobs with many. Haven't heard back of course. Cowards are usually embarrassed about their fear and don't respond when confronted publicly.

The threat of death or debilitating injury makes people scared? Ya don't say...

The only people who aren't afraid of death or injury are mentally ill. It doesn't matter how you're trained or what you do for a living, the thought of dying is scary. The trick is to fall back on your training when the fear kicks in.

You're talking like old school police officers didn't get scared so they handled things differently and that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. If anything, police officers "back in the day" were way worse because there weren't cameras all over the place and it was their word against the perp's.

If you think "real men" aren't afraid of death, you've obviously never faced real danger in your life. Calling people cowards and suggesting that you can do SWAT's job by yourself shows how utterly clueless you are. You've seen too many movies and/or played too many video games, kid.
edit on 8/16/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

How many SWAT raids have you been on? How many drug houses have you gone into? How many times have you had to think "if I pull this degenerate drunk driver over am I going to see my family again?"

He's done it more times than he can count... on his XBox.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So are you referring to a "moments when deadly force is necessary, or a "moment" when it's not and a cop is shooting unjustifiably?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Botched it
edit on 16-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Double tap

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Center Mass: Why Police and Soldiers Shoot to Stop instead of Shooting to Wound

I recommend you folks read this thread.

This is coming from experience, training, and years of study in tactical situations.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan

originally posted by: MasterKaman
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Can u not see that a runners assz is just as big as his back ?

I'm not sure if this was in jest...

Ironically, we called cornholing a target a "Texas heart shot"

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

You mean like people that spend their time behind keyboards calling other people cowards for the work they have to do that no one else will?

I have been on 17 SWAT raids in my days in LE and just because we are on the internet doesn't mean I can't say what is what. I have disarmed a few suspects that were attempting to hide knives and a few small firearms as well, and never had to shoot anyone, but with how officers now shoot with a trigger finger and the slightest pin drop, that isn't to say I couldn't have done so, and gotten away with it too, but I don't live my life by fear.

If you are so afraid that you have to shoot an old lady in a wheel chair, or shoot someone's little yipping dog, then you shouldn't be a cop in the first place.

Does that make it more clear to you sonny?
edit on 16-8-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
you guys seem to forget that handing down sentences is for the court to decide...

if you're gonna soil your pants (use lethal force) b/c some scary creep looks at you sideways, you should work in a field where it's ok to shoot them...check local recruiters and aim high- so you can come back and park cars for a living...

when he has his own lethal force and intends to use it, then duh- I would shoot him too.
i just can't shoot someone b/c he made me soil myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join