It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could abortion be considered a double standard?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage

TRUE AND TOTAL EQUALITY! NOT PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT BE EQUAL ON.

A what if:
What if she demanded that he have a vasectomy before (or after) they had sex? Her right?

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You do realize that mothers are still mothers after they give birth?

Or is that fact inconvenient to your self-obsessed philosophies?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

"Someone like you"? As the father of two children who is intimately familiar with the uglier aspects of custody battles I would suggest that you are talking out of your ass here.

So are you suggesting that a law be passed banning abortion, but also stating that any woman can force a father to take custody upon demand?

I never suggested banning abortion. That's why I said someone like you. Just a cynical person who puts words in mouths. Also I never mentioned passing any laws. If the father wants the child and she doesn't then yeah he should have custody.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's a permanent solution. She could request it and the man can refuse

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You have stated that you are a soldier so I am confident that you could afford to provide for a child financially.

However, if there is a young man who has limited education and wants to take the baby to raise and the Mother not "have to have anything to do with the child" how long before the tables are reversed and she's being sued for child support?

I think sometimes maybe BOTH partners make bad choices about who to have unprotected sex with.

link   
I think most believe that women have more rights on the child, yet most will think the man should pay even if he never wanted the child.
Yes it's a double standard, men get screwed. We can't chose, we get stuck with her decision. No it's not fair.

On the other hand, would it be fairer for a man to force a woman to have a child?
Surely not.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

Few months?

Abortion is a legal procedure. It is not killing a baby.

What if she sticks a knife in her belly at 8 months? What would the charge be?

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Suicide?

link   
From my Ex, great man.

"If you stick WooHoo in HooHoo without a Raincoat, BooHoo"

In otherwords deal with it. If she keeps it, you pay, it's your kid. If she doesn't, her choice, deal with it.

link   

And a child is temporary I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

You do realize that mothers are still mothers after they give birth?

Or is that fact inconvenient to your self-obsessed philosophies?

Self obsessed? More like obsessed with true equality regardless of gender, religion, or race. Never said they weren't mothers. Not sure where you got that from

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'm trying to understand how you see this as equal on any level. You seem to be flatly stating that if a woman opts to engage in intercourse with a male, she then, by default, loses her own self-determination regarding parenthood to the whims of the male partner.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Didn't say a child was temporary but fiscal responsibility is for 18 years and that's how long a man has to pay for a child he does not want.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Okay for the comically obtuse, what if she kills the baby at 8 months without killing herself? What's the charge?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Because the child could not have been created without the man. It would not have existed without him so he should get a say so on the fate of the baby.

link   

I don't know.
What does it have to do with the topic?

link   

He had his say before he chose to engage in the act of inseminating a potentially fertile partner.

link   
Murder. If you kill a woman that's pregnant it's 2 counts of murder so it would be murder

edit on 16-8-2015 by WanderingSage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Annee

What if the couple agrees beforehand to have a baby, and a few months in she goes nuts and kills the baby? Is the father not entitled to justice?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

My left eye is starting to twitch LOL!

Statements like this really get to me. The guy I know that doesn't pay support...
All he has to do is write a flipping check...go visit once in awhile, maybe I don't know, take his kids camping, go to a school event...doesn't do anything.
Meanwhile, the Mother, takes care of the home, cooks, cleans, works, takes kids to school, picks them up, helps with homework, takes them to Doctor, stays up all night if they are sick, feeds them, clothes them, provides all financial and emotional needs, and much much more too much to list.

And he, well he can't even write a check...once a month...for eighteen years!
THATS less than the length of most mortgages!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join