It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Union Smears Woman Who Posted Video of Police Beating on Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

I've already provided a couple of examples. I think I'll refrain from further speculation until we get the cop's side of the story... if we ever do.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
Maybe you should look into law enforcement?

I just might... it looks like they could use some help.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah one cop beating the crap out of a cuffed man isn't enough, I'm sure he could have used an extra set of fists maybe on the other side. If only it wasn't for those pesky laws which make these type of beatings criminal that cop and more people like you could truly make a difference right? Oh well maybe someday! I hope not.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What is there to speculate? Nothing that handcuffed man could have said should have triggered the act of aggression. Also lets not forget the woman filming was also harassed for simply filming the incident.

It also needs to be noted that the officer has been suspended for this incident and may face criminal charges.

It seems like when a video like this surfaces, there is always someone who insists that some how the act was justified will make crazy speculations with no evidence in hopes of justifying an act of police brutality, or at least cull the public outrage.

That said, had this incident not been filmed and shared the officer would have faced no repercussions. In all these cases, the police will not police their own unless they are caught on tape and there is public outcry.

edit on 17-8-2015 by jrod because: add

edit on 17-8-2015 by jrod because: add/edit

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I just logged in and read your comment. It made my iced tea come out my nose. Let me explain, you stated:

Actually I prefer common sense... something that's far too uncommon these days.

I find that statement hilarious due to the fact you went on to demonstrate a lack of commonsense (critical) thinking in the rest of your post:

If I were sitting in the back of a cop car with my hands cuffed behind my back, the last thing I'm gonna do is provoke the officer into punching me in the face...

Common sense dictates that mouthing off to an officer while already handcuffed and sitting in the back of the cruiser and beaten for it goes against policy and therefore constitutes unjust behaviour - for any grown adult. Also, it demonstrates a lack of emotional intelligence and a lack of personal self restraint on the officer's part. Even if the guy is a notorious gang-banger, this shouldn't happen. They took Dylan Roof and James Holmes in without a scratch...

Now, there are many people around the world along with your fellow Americans who read comments such as yours and do a face-palm, because once again it demonstrates the inability of some Americans to see the forest for the trees or their unwillingness to place biases aside. Again, your comment ironically demonstrates a lack of a common sense and/or a lack of coherent thinking - just like the overall police culture in the States that causes 12 year old boys to be shot in the face.

but that's just me I guess.

I really hope so...

Here is how the world sees "American Coppers" in a broader sense. Again, not all cops in the States are boneheads...

Fully Nude Strip Search by Cops: Male Police Stripping Woman Completely Naked

What other first world nation does this s# happen?!

Listen to her screaming (invoke empathy)....Got damn America!

edit on 17-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

No. It is still illegal for an officer to do that. Officer's families are threatened all the time (I'll kill your family), therefore it IS in their training to not react to these threats, is IS NOT okay for them to lay hands on a suspect in cuffs regardless of any words said.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
It also needs to be noted that the officer has been suspended for this incident and may face criminal charges.

As he should be.

All I'm saying is the dude brought it on himself. If he didn't want to get punched in the mouth, then he should've shut his mouth. That cop was just doing his job, he wasn't being rough with the guy at all. The dude had no reason to be cursing him out and talking smack, but I guess he just picked the wrong cop on the wrong day.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No, if someone can not control their temper then they should not wear the badge.

The cop was most certainly NOT doing his job. Public servants, not bullies.

edit on 17-8-2015 by jrod because: a

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Number 1 we don't know what was said do we? Do you have inside info on that? So for you to proclaim he brought it on himself without knowing the actual conversation shows your obvious bias in the cops favor. People with your attitude are alot of the problem. Keep your mouth shut and don't question my authority and I won't have to beat you silly while your in cuffs. But if you do question my tactics, my judgement or anything about how I treat you then i really have no choice but to beat you . You talk smack you lose a few teeth and that's how I roll lol How can you be sure guy has no reason to say whatever he said? Like I said you want to support the cop in this so bad it comes out in every comment and assumption you make.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

Number 1 we don't know what was said do we? Do you have inside info on that? So for you to proclaim he brought it on himself without knowing the actual conversation shows your obvious bias in the cops favor.

"Why you actin like... somethin... you ain't nothin but a little b!tch... somethin somethin... bout it... somethin somethin."

That's all I could make out. And I don't deny for one minute that I'm biased in favor of cops over thugs. You're damn right I am.

People with your attitude are alot of the problem.

Yeah well I think people with your attitude are THE problem and I'm sure we'll be seeing you in one of these videos eventually.

Keep your mouth shut and don't question my authority and I won't have to beat you silly while your in cuffs. But if you do question my tactics, my judgement or anything about how I treat you then i really have no choice but to beat you . You talk smack you lose a few teeth and that's how I roll lol

The dude was already in cuffs and being put in the back of the car. He wasn't questioning his authority, or his tactics, or his judgement, or how he was being treated... he was flappin his gums like the hardcore, down wit it gangsta he thinks he is and may very well be.

Perhaps in that moment this cop decided he didn't want to be a cop anymore, and chose to knock the teeth out of this punk before he went.

For that I'm willing to bet there are people in that community who would like to thank him.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Then he should of quit on the spot and accepted an assault charge, very tough guy who hits someone in handcuffs..a hero for you to look up to I guess.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Ya takes a real man to punch some one who can't defend themselfs.

Punching a handcuffed person is like shooting someone in the back imo.

Obviously the result is different, I'm just saying the it as just as cowardly to do.

Actually pretty thuggish thing the cop did. A thug is someone who doesn't care about the rules ans does what he/ she wants.

Not just someone in the back of a police car.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
very tough guy who hits someone in handcuffs...

You're right, he probably should've pulled him out of the car and taken the cuffs off first lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You ever think they might have a history? Or that there is more to it? I'd say he was questioning things and I guess that was his way. Disrespectful? Yeah it is but till you have walked a day in someone shoes you shouldn't pretend to know all there is to know about them. Well this guy cursed while he was being arrested so he's surely a thug and oh this poster doesn't agree with the cops in this video so soon he will be in the back of a police car too! Ive seen people lose their cool and say things that based on that one incident you would call them a thug, but they're not. You won't see me in one of these videos just because I tell you the cop is wrong. You won't see me in one of these videos because I'm so sick of seeing the brutality and bully attitude that cops have these days. You think you have so much insight based on knowing so little about people, first this guy who got beaten and now me, that there is no reason to argue with you. You already know it all.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya takes a real man to punch some one who can't defend themselfs.

And like I said, it takes a really stupid man to provoke someone when you're defenseless.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Agreed.

Doesn't somehow make the guy that decided to respond to it any more right or less cowardly.

If you want to fight me over what I said then let's go have a fight. Don't sucker punch me like a coward.

Obviously the cop doesn't have that option so he chose the thug way of doing it. Screw the rules I'm doing things my way.

If we are going to call people thugs who break the law then the cop is a thug. Plain and simple.

Or is there something else that makes the guy in cuffs a thug?
edit on thMon, 17 Aug 2015 23:27:23 -0500America/Chicago820152380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

So what are you saying? That you'd never do something stupid enough to get thrown in jail, or that you'd never be stupid enough to provoke a cop?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Or is there something else that makes the guy in cuffs a thug?

Oh don't play that game with me dude, you know good and damn well that dude is a thug. If not then you probably need to spend more time out in the real world.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

See that I could respect..you want to talk smack..off go the cuffs and put your dukes up, im not a cop now and its man to man.
Not a likely scenario. If the cop cannot keep his cool he should consider counseling or something because the job is too much for him..and it is a tough job.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm saying that based on my posts you have no reason to tell me I will soon be seen on one of these videos. In none of my posts did I promote crime. I simply stated that your bias and support of a cop who assaulted a man in cuffs was obvious. You pretty much said it was all the "thug" in the car's fault. He deserved it or had it coming. At no point did you say wow can't believe that cop just assaulted a guy in cuffs. Or What is up with all this cop brutality? No you just said another "thug" is off the street and could have avoided being beaten if he had just kept his mouth shut. He's stupid. You have already made your mind up about the guy in the video and me. Why ask questions now?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join