It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Police Union Smears Woman Who Posted Video of Police Beating on Facebook

page: 2
33
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: Bone75
But I am fully aware that there are people out there who literally cannot control themselves when they lose their temper. It's scary how some dim witted neanderthals can snap over mere words.


You are right, and in that case they really shouldn't be cops.




posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: ShadowLink
The guy probably made the cop run more than 50 feet so he was all pissed off and decided to get a bit of pay back.

Or perhaps he threatened his family. In that case I would've beaten the crap out of him too.


That is NOT the policemans job.

If you put on a uniform you are agreeing to abide by a set of standards.

If he made a theat to the policemans family then he should note that down and add it to possible charges.
edit on 16-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: jrod




It also appears that the police went for the woman's phone at the end of the video.


There really needs to be stiffer penalties for attempting to hide the evidence,especially when it is being done by the police themselves,they are after all at an advantage to the average citizen as they are well aware of exactly what is needed to make a charge stick....


It should be armed robbery if they take your camera or phone and attempted arm robbery if they try. Colorado has instituted a fine system..but that only means the taxpayers pay. Corporations are "held in check" by a fine system instead of a "criminal system" and we know that it does not work.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Jesus, look at the image they have on the header of that page. Its police looking like stormtroopers with billie clubs. Is that the image police really want to project? Are they police? Soldiers?

That image is an example of what is wrong in LEO.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

And cops wonder why the citizenry HATES them, beats them up and shoots at them?

Here is a fine example. .......



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I wonder if the BLM movement will rally around this instance, considering the officer in question is black.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

And you might face charges for beating someone up over it.

If there was a threat made then the cop can take the normal actions.

Beating a defenseless man is not normal.


Kinda summed up my thoughts on the matter very well.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: dreamingawake

Jesus, look at the image they have on the header of that page. Its police looking like stormtroopers with billie clubs. Is that the image police really want to project? Are they police? Soldiers?

That image is an example of what is wrong in LEO.


Having served in the military, and having a lot of buddies become officers after service, I can tell you what it is.

A lot of Leo's wanted to be soldiers, but weren't fit to serve, so they become Leo's and can't wait to play soldier.

Except they aren't fit for service.

If our soldiers in the middle of the Iraq or Afghanistan wars acted like Leo's, they would be court marshaled, and imprisoned.

Funny, one group is in a war zone, but can't act like it.

The other isn't, but can.....

"what the diarrhea monkey #!!? "- angry ranger, from action hero therapy



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I think that is the key, the sort of people you attract to the police.

In the UK and a lot of country's with more stable police the recruitment's mainly from the middle class and standards pretty high. Our police academy here is rather competitive, passing fitness is only one aspect, because of the competitiveness most have to hold at least somewhat decent degrees now. Even then they dont get a gun , you have to go throw further training.

Dont get me wrong we have our fair share of corrupt police departments and a few bad shootings but they are rarer here.

I think its down to higher recruitment.

USA could likely sort a good percentage of its police problems if it just jacked up the recruitment standards.
edit on 16-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: Sirrurg

We know in the Uk that 90% of our police should be let nowhere near firearms, so we don't let them.



Fair comment but could you just provide the link to where you got the figure of 90% from please. I'd like to read the evidence myself. Thanks.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
What a brave tough hero LEO doing his job..~sarc~off..Man what a Coward,That Pos PIG has no Balls.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

And you might face charges for beating someone up over it.

If there was a threat made then the cop can take the normal actions.

Beating a defenseless man is not normal.


I can think of a lot of things the guy might have said to warrant a beating. Cops are humans too you know.

Imagine you had a little brother who was murdered and this guy just said he's gonna get you like he got your punk a$$ little brother? Would you care if he was cuffed before punching him in the mouth? Would you even stop to consider it?

I'm just saying that dude must've said something really twisted for that cop to come unglued like he did in front of all those people.



Really bro.. sticks and stones man stick and stones. we learned that in friikn grade school



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: Sirrurg

We know in the Uk that 90% of our police should be let nowhere near firearms, so we don't let them.



Fair comment but could you just provide the link to where you got the figure of 90% from please. I'd like to read the evidence myself. Thanks.




he wont be able to provide that info because its nonsense, only armed responsed units use guns in the UK and they are only called upon when required, they probably make up 10% of the entire police force, however that does not mean that the other 90% cannot be trusted with guns.

police brutality however in the UK is not as prevelant as it in the US but then again our entire country could fit in texas.

Thats not to say that no police brutality occurs here, it does.

Im glad that our cops dont carry guns here, i think our total deaths overall by guns here last year was in the single digits, however knife attacks, machettes etc are higher...people will always find something to inflict injurys on others, the US has guns and the UK uses knives.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: iskander683

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: Sirrurg

We know in the Uk that 90% of our police should be let nowhere near firearms, so we don't let them.



Fair comment but could you just provide the link to where you got the figure of 90% from please. I'd like to read the evidence myself. Thanks.




he wont be able to provide that info because its nonsense, only armed responsed units use guns in the UK and they are only called upon when required, they probably make up 10% of the entire police force, however that does not mean that the other 90% cannot be trusted with guns.

police brutality however in the UK is not as prevelant as it in the US but then again our entire country could fit in texas.

Thats not to say that no police brutality occurs here, it does.

Im glad that our cops dont carry guns here, i think our total deaths overall by guns here last year was in the single digits, however knife attacks, machettes etc are higher...people will always find something to inflict injurys on others, the US has guns and the UK uses knives.


Lol Texas?


In Indiana it is about an average of 15 to 20 miles between cities.

In Texas, it is closer to 150 to 200 miles between.

Really is a very very very large space.

Just for scale.

England is 58,358 square miles.

Texas is 268,820 square miles.

Indiana is 36,418 square miles.

Indiana is in the bottom half of states by size, and we have 50, in fact it is ranked 38th out of 50.

England is tiny.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: iskander683

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: Sirrurg

We know in the Uk that 90% of our police should be let nowhere near firearms, so we don't let them.



Fair comment but could you just provide the link to where you got the figure of 90% from please. I'd like to read the evidence myself. Thanks.




he wont be able to provide that info because its nonsense, only armed responsed units use guns in the UK and they are only called upon when required, they probably make up 10% of the entire police force, however that does not mean that the other 90% cannot be trusted with guns.

police brutality however in the UK is not as prevelant as it in the US but then again our entire country could fit in texas.

Thats not to say that no police brutality occurs here, it does.

Im glad that our cops dont carry guns here, i think our total deaths overall by guns here last year was in the single digits, however knife attacks, machettes etc are higher...people will always find something to inflict injurys on others, the US has guns and the UK uses knives.


Lol Texas?


In Indiana it is about an average of 15 to 20 miles between cities.

In Texas, it is closer to 150 to 200 miles between.

Really is a very very very large space.

Just for scale.

England is 58,358 square miles.

Texas is 268,820 square miles.

Indiana is 36,418 square miles.

Indiana is in the bottom half of states by size, and we have 50, in fact it is ranked 38th out of 50.

England is tiny.


well i wasnt going for exact measurements, i was making a point that the UK (not just england because you know england is just one part of the UK right?) is small enough to fit in one state in the US...if you want to split hairs and pick a smaller state then crack on....my point remains
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: iskander683

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: Sirrurg

We know in the Uk that 90% of our police should be let nowhere near firearms, so we don't let them.



Fair comment but could you just provide the link to where you got the figure of 90% from please. I'd like to read the evidence myself. Thanks.




he wont be able to provide that info because its nonsense, only armed responsed units use guns in the UK and they are only called upon when required, they probably make up 10% of the entire police force, however that does not mean that the other 90% cannot be trusted with guns.

police brutality however in the UK is not as prevelant as it in the US but then again our entire country could fit in texas.

Thats not to say that no police brutality occurs here, it does.

Im glad that our cops dont carry guns here, i think our total deaths overall by guns here last year was in the single digits, however knife attacks, machettes etc are higher...people will always find something to inflict injurys on others, the US has guns and the UK uses knives.


Lol Texas?


In Indiana it is about an average of 15 to 20 miles between cities.

In Texas, it is closer to 150 to 200 miles between.

Really is a very very very large space.

Just for scale.

England is 58,358 square miles.

Texas is 268,820 square miles.

Indiana is 36,418 square miles.

Indiana is in the bottom half of states by size, and we have 50, in fact it is ranked 38th out of 50.

England is tiny.


well i wasnt going for exact measurements, i was making a point that the UK (not just england because you know england is just one part of the UK right?) is small enough to fit in one state in the US...if you want to split hairs and pick a smaller state then crack on....my point remains


Not splitting hairs, just saying, it was a bad example.

But I do agree with you point.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod I think the tactic of smearing the person posting these kinds of videos is an attempt to discourage people from doing so in the future. They want us to be afraid to reveal the truth. It is just another form of indirect censorship, much like political correctness. The idea being to get individuals to censor themselves out of fear.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: iskander683

originally posted by: chewi
a reply to: Sirrurg

We know in the Uk that 90% of our police should be let nowhere near firearms, so we don't let them.



Fair comment but could you just provide the link to where you got the figure of 90% from please. I'd like to read the evidence myself. Thanks.




he wont be able to provide that info because its nonsense, only armed responsed units use guns in the UK and they are only called upon when required, they probably make up 10% of the entire police force, however that does not mean that the other 90% cannot be trusted with guns.

police brutality however in the UK is not as prevelant as it in the US but then again our entire country could fit in texas.

Thats not to say that no police brutality occurs here, it does.

Im glad that our cops dont carry guns here, i think our total deaths overall by guns here last year was in the single digits, however knife attacks, machettes etc are higher...people will always find something to inflict injurys on others, the US has guns and the UK uses knives.


Lol Texas?


In Indiana it is about an average of 15 to 20 miles between cities.

In Texas, it is closer to 150 to 200 miles between.

Really is a very very very large space.

Just for scale.

England is 58,358 square miles.

Texas is 268,820 square miles.

Indiana is 36,418 square miles.

Indiana is in the bottom half of states by size, and we have 50, in fact it is ranked 38th out of 50.

England is tiny.


well i wasnt going for exact measurements, i was making a point that the UK (not just england because you know england is just one part of the UK right?) is small enough to fit in one state in the US...if you want to split hairs and pick a smaller state then crack on....my point remains


Not splitting hairs, just saying, it was a bad example.

But I do agree with you point.


yeah its a bad example if you want to get all technical and start measuring land mass but if you take it as it was intended, whereby making a claim that the entire UK can fit in just one state of the US thus both of us gearing toward the same point that the UK is tiny...i think my point was made

edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
? All you can see is maybe 1 punch.
All this fuss over a video that doesn't show much of anything?
Did the suspect get injured and was it documented?
There is stuff so much worse than this going on.



posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

If you listen 2 women are arguing over the phone
She says "that's my phone honey"
The police aren't trying to grab it.



new topics

top topics



 
33
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join