It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History channels recent programing....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
With the recent programming of The History Channel� being dedicated to aliens more than it has been in the past I began to feel paranoid about why so much of the time block was filled with aliens one set of weeks and the next religion, I thought it was because it was close to the Halloween/Christmas holiday season, but the week beginning after Christmas they actually started tying the bible to aliens. They then began to show the many instances in the Old Testament and the New Testament where aliens helped the Jewish/Christian people and even spoke with them. These are all in the bible it just depends on how you �Spin it�. I am trying to make inferences about Aliens in relation to our world religions/The History Channel� in relation to the United States Government. I would get deeper into my thoughts I just figured I would see if any one had done this or found it interesting. I am a College Student, Senior/Political Science; I read a lot and kinda understood chariots of the gods. I have seen Graham Hancock in a few things and think he has interesting ideas but I am trying to make a relationship about the immediate future not the past. If I have made a complete fool of my self forgive me this is my first posting. I don�t see how I could have offended anyone but if I did I would like to apologize pre facto. Please keep an open mind try to stay away from conspiracy instead try enlightenment. If you need help I will be on the site checking the progress. I hope you enjoy your findings.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Probably just for ratings because it's near the end of the year

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
there is another thread about this too... interesting b/c my thoughts havebeen right along the same lines recently.

collective consciousness or aliens or not, the media is best positioned to prepare the public for contact. governments have too much to protect, think economy and war of the worlds.

now not all media is free to report what they want....

cool site: seekers.100megs6.com...

my belief is that we are getting ready for contact.

this is a recent conclusion since july or so. my impression is that the publicin general is feeling more sensitive to vibrations. vibrations which ultiamtely describe all states of matter anywhere. and light is matter too. happy happy living.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am not sure about vibrations, but I have noticed an increase in E.T. publicity on television ( Bryant Gumble, if I am not mistaken). I am interested in the line towing that the history channel does for god knows who, all the war interest before the second middle eastern war really made me wonder. I don't try to be skeptical, but being a poly/sci major it's a learned process. Subliminal messages that are not so subliminal.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Jermaineknarly]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I already saw all the alien shows that they put on this week. They're probably just doing it for ratins as stated above. What else are they gonna show this week? The history of New Years? BORING!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The History show also did back to back specials about Armageddon and Satan in America. I laughed till my sides hurt for a good half hour during the Armageddon special, having just read several posts on that topic, and I laughed twice as hard when the Satan in America show started. I'm glad someone else posted about History Channel programming, I've been meaning to myself. LOL. Do you think the history channel is trying to tell us something?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I wish the History Channel would dig a little deeper into some archives, it seems they run the same programming schedule every few months. I used to love watching it, but it seems that no matter how long I wait to watch it again, I have already seen whats on! I bet you can see the same schedule at least 4 times a year (and when they play the shows 10 times a day it gets redundant!)
You would think that after a billion or so years, they could have made a lot more shows.
Same goes for all of those channels, Discovery,TLC, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think they have made more infomercials, then educational programs!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think it would be interesting to get files related to history channels parent company, find out who foots the bill for all of this restoration and computer generated images'. I has to be very expensive to buy the rights to show some of the programming The history channel offers; and to be able to do some of the dives and other thing about the business operation of The History Channel.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
History Channel goes on these binges. I don't know what causes it, maybe they just got a new programming director who's really into aliens. I think it was last year or the year before they went into UFOs hardcore. They just got out of a huge WWII binge, but no one is thinking WWII is coming back

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Is there a way to predict what binge the history channel might take next. If there was a way to predict then there would be a reason behind the "madness". I speculate the government might be more involved.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Usually their programming coencides with anneversaries(sp) and the like. When the 4 words from the Roswell papers were declassified (as the rest was blacked out), they went on a big alien spree, with the WWII (battle of the bulge?) anneversary that just came and passed, they went WWII, etc. I'm not sure if there's any anneversary having to do with UFOs coming up or recently past, but I'm sure other members here could let you know.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
History Channel has less history in it every year. You'd think with 10,000 yrs of history they would have more shows than UFOs Fact or Fiction, UFOs in the Bible, Angels Good or Evil, Nostradamus, and Historys Mysteries: Loch Ness Monster. With all that crap you'd think ATS was sponsoring the History Channel. I want to see shows about WWI, Russo-Japanese War, 7 years War and the like, not the religious and et hoohah they put on.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well it is a fact that our Government engages in Psychological Warfare. Therefor if there was going to be an alien intervention, you can bet the Government would begin a propoganda campaign that would most likely start with the liberal media and out-of-the-box television programming. Do i think the history channel is prepairing us for the ultimate contact...no! I do believe that these shows increase ratings due to shock factor. Its not easy to make history fun and entertaining, but they do a good job. It's even more difficult to provide new and useful information in relation to actual history, hence all the BS shows about unearthing mummies and ufo's in bible. By the way-the bible was never meant to be literal. Its like watching Barney-you get a great didactic story but everyone knows there are no purple dinosaurs. In conclusion television ratings are often attributed to the factor of suprise (shock and awe) hence reality tv, american idle, and the thousands of outher contest shows, history channel is just trying to pick up the slack and entertain. Not to mention these types of shows open their programing up to an entirely different market for advertising purposes. Now advertisers can reach more than the baby boomers by buying history channel spots. obviously the demographics are young for programming like this. Bottom line-- it all comes back to money.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yes the bottom line is often cash... but are there wealthy people who do care?

im thinking secret societies and a big picture....

aside,

how much does the TV lead us, and how much does it respond to our demands?

......then im thinking, ok our we subconsiously rearing ourselves? >>>
to better understand each other, perhaps as an evolution?

[can life be reduced to just a hugely complex dynamic of emotions, thought, language, expression?]
all to be intrepreted from the individual.

this would tell me we are all becoming more like god. not a bad idea, b/c sources say we were created in god's image. a celestial garden.

we can ask why all this death and destruction and pain>>>> but that is a selfish interpretation.

god can just as easliy ask us why dont you understand? time will tell.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i really enjoyed this one last night.

They ended up catching the FBI anti-terrorism squad on film
raiding the guys home to confiscate all his research materials.

The Satellite photos of the base were exceptional too.

The interview with an ex-employee sent a clear message
for a congressional investigation.

The base is SO ABOVE THE LAW that they can't even run an oversight audit
of their funding.

They certainly proved that the base is in still very much in operation.

I'd like to see their employee security breach policy on FEAR FACTOR

top topics

join