It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need you help with meaning of reoccuring dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find anything online regarding multiple kittens so I am turning to ATS.

For as long as I can remember, I have had a reoccurring dream where I discover around 50-100 kittens of various ages and colors. The ages range from newborn to around 8 weeks. In my dream I usually find them in the garage of an abandoned house, enclosed porch, a workshop or shed. Once I dreamed that I found them in the bedroom of the house I was living in at the time, but that was only once. Normally, the place of discovery has not been occupied for sometime.

Sometimes the kittens have a mother present or multiple mothers are present, but there are still too many kittens for the mother cats to care for. Other times, I find my self scrambling to care for the kittens but there is just too many. The kittens whose eyes are just beginning to open always stand out the most. White and calico seem to be the colors I notice the most, but there is every variety of color present.

I think that is all of the important details that seem to be consistent in the dreams. Any ATS'ers have any input?
edit on 8/15/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

The dreams seem worrisome to you, any background about cats in your life you want to share?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Seems like you might be afraid of something you can't manage on your own.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That means responsibility. Don't know if new or old or current, but that is the meaning.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Are you working on anything big at the moment? From my end, it sounds like you are trying to process too many thoughts or problems (kittens), and are trying to find a rational way to deal with all of them.

That's all I got. On the side, the next time you see them, try to remember that you are dreaming; you might be rewarded with a lucid dream.

-foss

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

try to remember that you are dreaming; you might be rewarded with a lucid dream.

I agree, OP tell yourself this phrase many times during the day: "When I see kittens I will become aware that I'm dreaming." Once you become lucid you can ask what the kittens represent to you. Good luck.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown
If the Op hasn't practiced lucid dreaming or wasn't born with it..that will not happen. I recommend dreamingwithjeff.com the streaming is free, just need a laptop by your bed when you go to sleep. Think of that dream as you drift off.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If the Op hasn't practiced lucid dreaming or wasn't born with it
a reply to: reldra

You don"t have to be born with it. The concept of the OP learning to LD was my point. I am about to research your link, thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow, Jeff Bridges! Thanks, but I'd just as soon listen to a drunk throwing up all night, sorry.

a reply to: reldra

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Hey Calstorm - I'm no expert but this is what I'm feeling.

Ever since you've been young you've been in a state of being unsure, not settled, almost on edge, that your life isn't stable, consistent. You as a person feel unbalanced and are always seeking some kind of security, to find yourself. Do you have a hard time sharing your real self with people? And do you feel that you haven't grown mentally, into maturity as you have expected, wanted to? I feel that you are extremely mature but feel that you are lagging behind in some way. I think your dream is a recurring fight of self not being complete in some way, whether that be not being able to follow your heart's desire (being held back in a manner beyond your control, i.e. parents being very strict and telling you how to think and behave). I think you have very pure thoughts and fight against giving into your whims which you feel are not as pure as what you really feel led to do.
Note: the house in a dream represents self and that's why I'm focusing on who you are with all the different forms of the buildings you keep dreaming about.
I could be completely off base but this is what I get.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have cats but they are both fixed. most of my cats have lived long lives. I have a cat that I am very attached to that is getting up there in years, but nothing other than that that I can think of.

I am a natural born lucid dreamer, but my ability to control my dreams seems to have taken a big hit in the last 3 years.

rockintitz, that is likely. I have always had to be the responsible one since my early teens. I raised my mother, she didn't raise me. I do feel like everyone depends on me, but heaven forbid I ask for help. I do feel very burnt out from being the one who keeps it together for everyone else and feel like I need a break. Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

That actually makes a lot of senses. I was bounced back and forth between my ultra strict fundamentalist christian grandparents and my mother who was quite the opposite.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I have the craziest dreams - they are either novels of bizarre unbelievable story lines or they are almost like pictures trying to tell me something. I've learned over the years to just enjoy the crazy ones but the ones that I wake up feeling like they meant something I do pay attention to. They are almost always about what's going on in my life and I've learned to listen to them as a way of telling me to smarten up. That if I'm not going to listen to the common sense slapping me against the head during the day time and I choose to ignore them that my subconscious will go after me in my dreams. And then I buckle down and start paying attention to me, ha.

I'm sorry for the childhood you had. I had a rough one as well but I have learned much from it and came out stronger. I say that to say that no matter what pain you have endured that it will have refined you and as much as no one should suffer you can now be a source of solace and inspiration to the next person that struggles. I'm not making light of any of your life, just saying that you can take back power now in how you use those experiences.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

When ever you discover the cats what are your emotions telling you?

Are they telling you that you can not care for them?

Are you telling yourself that "Who would leave these cats here?

Are you actively looking for food trays or other things cats need?

Are you trying not to be noticed by them?

Because what this tells me, with all of those cats, is that each cat might represent a certain responsibility. One that you do not know how to handle, yet you know what it requires.

Like someone who is supposed to be good at shoveling, suddenly doesn't want to shovel things anymore.

But if you are more open towards the cats. Such as greeting them and saying hello. And above all being friendly with them and even offering food. To me that would suggest the opposite. That you accept a lot of responsibilities, but never finish them. And the different colors means different responsibilities that you have accepted, but never completed.

The significance with the numbers obviously means something that you do on a regular basis, but with how you describe them being in some place you don't visit often suggests that your own mind doesn't want to remember them.

I wouldn't say you are a cat killer. But maybe a friendship killer. Maybe you don't have friends, but you think you do. Or the opposite.

It all depends on your feelings for them in your dreams. Does it make you nervous? or are you overly warmed by their presence?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

There are too many for me to care for. One of the big things is the age of the kittens. They are all very young and would still be nursing and only a few would be old enough to start eating solid food. I am afraid of them not making it because of a lack of food and there is no way that one person could bottle feed that many kittens.

I don't think I have ever questioned where they came from. I have only questioned how 1-4 cats could have that many kittens. I am overwhelmed by the amount.

As far as responsibilities go. They seemed to get dropped in my lap, but I finish other peoples responsibilities, but that often means putting off my own.

My feelings for them? Helplessly protective of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I really wish I could remember the name of the poster who seems good at dream interpretation. I don't see him on much. I'll see if I can find out, maybe you can send him a mailbox request.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It's actually really obvious...

You aren't satisfying your need to nurture so your dreams are. I think you want to be a mother.

new topics

top topics

join