It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tianjin was an act of sabotage and major escalation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mungbean
www.chinatimes.com...

This is just one picture of the crater. It is the size of a couple of football fields and has now been turned into a lake.

Look at the size of the blast

Fixed your link, hope you don't mind…

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mungbean

The Chinese have their own interior problems to worry about that may have done the sabotage--if that is what it is.
Let's not usher in WW3 just yet.

Since this blast was somewhat similar to a terrific one of a year or so ago in a small town in Texas, was that foreign devils or poor warehousing?
edit on 15-8-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

so the first picture shows the area before the explosions.
i marked the area of the initial fire with a yellow "1" , the ground zero with an "x" and another nearby building with a "2"

the other pictures show the aftermath , and you can clearly see that the spot where this thing went off is the same like in picture 1, the burning container.

imgur.com...

imgur.com...

imgur.com/a/8IU1O

imgur.com...
edit on 15-8-2015 by mungbean because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thankyou. I am new here and still working out how to link and embed.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You had better take another look at those numbers. The vast, VAST majority are outside that elite group, frankly no different from the billionaires in the U.S..

The numbers I've seen are around 4% at in that modern, trained, educated class. That is a big number taken from the whole, but the remainder? Rice growers, manual labour...peons.

I know many are impressed when visiting China and see the technology and development in the cities they visit. When asked about outside the high-tech zones and cities they pause and say they don't really know. It's not a surprise really. All we are exposed to are travelers, business and gov't types. The rest lies below the surface.

One only has to look at the number of Chinese illegals transported to the U.S. in containers, for pete's sake, to know that all isn't that great in the middle kingdom.....

edit on 15-8-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by nwtrucker because: past my bedtime....

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Its not very crowded, about 90 thousand residents within a 3 to 5 KM radius which for China is not very populated and I believe they said it was mainly an industrial area located far outside the main city with only a few full time residents. Not sure what any one would gain from an act of sabotage here since most of the world certainly the US is pretty dependent on China for a majority of our junk to resale to the massive consumerism here.

The district in which the warehouse was located is thinly populated. It is roughly 25 miles (40 kilometers) from the center of the city, a sprawling metropolis of more than 13 million people. About 90,000 people live within a 5-kilometer radius of the blast site, the China Earthquake Networks Center said.

Corruption and the massive amounts of chemicals stored on a daily basis in this area point to a nasty accident for which someone cutting corners or worst breaking laws will be ultimately found responsible.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 8/15/2015 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Don't know about rods from god but it looks like industrial espionage.

Tianjin is China's biggest north eastern deep water port. Operations have expanded greatly in the last 20 years and would have continued to rise.

Note - The news is reporting the area surrounding the port has been evacuated because of potential contamination from the exploded chemicals.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Rods from god are a kinetic based space weapon

The name of one of the systems is Thor. I'm not sure how many exist....

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Given the Chinese system, gross incompetence, corruption, and negligence are also not at all beyond the realm of possibility, and Occam's Razor makes them the most likely culprits.

I completely agree. People seem to see the Chinese as a finely orchestrated competitive system when they are so beyond corrupt they make the American congress look angelic. Their economy simply benefitted from the economic environment of cheap goods make money for a while (that never lasts - there's always some other desperate country willing to work cheaper).

The world media, however, played up "Chinese superiority" which is a complete croc.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Rods from god are a kinetic based space weapon

The name of one of the systems is Thor. I'm not sure how many exist....

Officially none.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Take a close look at that crater. A guestimate would be 300 feet across ( a conservative guess ) and look at how friggen deep it is.
Is it possible for a surface blast to create such a crater ?
edit on 15-8-2015 by mungbean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yes, it is far-fetched, as poor storage methods, on a small budget will fail.

However..I am not sure why this was moved to skunkworks. There may be a pattern.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What a tragedy, I hope they'll be ok and their sorrow is minimal. LOVE to the people of China.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If it was a sabotage, most likely the Saboteur wouldn't have gotten away with the explosion. Its just too big to get out in time.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mungbean
Take a close look at that crater. A guestimate would be 300 feet across ( a conservative guess ) and look at how friggen deep it is.
Is it possible for a surface blast to create such a crater ?

Sky news brought in an expert the day after the explosion, the guy reckoned the blast was 5 times bigger than the official story.....looks like it did an incredible amount of damage!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

What is a rod from God ?

Sounds like something I saw in Gears of War one time. A satellite beam weapon.
edit on 16amSun, 16 Aug 2015 00:05:10 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Really? So paybacks for... all the cyber crime and infiltration? lets say... a warning. We..... set off an explosion at a warehouse? Even if it was full of arms..... that's it? No damage to any high tech weaponry or infrastructure... just a warehouse full of ... explosives, chemicals, rockets... huh. Pretty lame. No sub sunk, no research lab destroyed, no laser ruined.... lol. It was an accident due to the usual corruption and lack of safety controls if you ask me. Improperly stored and handled without proper separation or temperature control, maybe some idiot smoking where he shouldn't, a forklift hitting the wrong thing.... it was an act of stupidity, not sabotage.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

Took a super-computer off-line apparently.

www.valuewalk.com...
www.scmp.com...

Even if only as a precaution the computers still offline.
edit on 16-8-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This would make zero sense as a target. And certainly would not be worth the possibility of starting a war over. Accidents happen every single day, and China has plenty of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

It has shut down the worlds fastest supercomputer that China uses for space and military tech ( not sure for how long )
Disrupted oil and natural gas shipments.
Disrupted the Chinese export trade ( this port handled nearly 10 percent of all trade )
Only hundreds of metres away from what is touted as the new world financial district
This will cost china many billions even after insurance is paid.
I could think of so many more reasons why this would be an attack.
I suppose if I had not been obsessively studying geopolitics and history ever since 911 and just caught this on the MSM news without any independent research - I too may dismiss it as just an accident. Something else much more sinister happened here !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join